Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Search and Rescue Helicopter

I am hoping someone could help me with this. It may be as simple as a trigger. I want by radio Juliet to call a designated search helicopter at the airbase when shot down. I want it to come to my position, pick me up and fly back to its start point and land.

Anybody got anything like this or able to help?

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

im not looking for anything fancy. I just want to hit radio juliet and the designated chopper leaves the "H" comes to me and returns to the "H" and lands.

anybody seen anything like this or able to help me write it.

Its great you dont want anything "fancy" but you actually want something that is dynamic and anything like that does have to be a bit fancy to work well.

It is going to go to your current location and that seems like a simple thing but it depends on where you are on the map and what the topography is. What if tall mountains are in the way?

What if a column of AA is between you and the heli base and a straight line approach will kill the chopper every time.

You may be in a bad location for pickup and so you will have to move your location. That may seem fine but you then have to move your position and THEN call for pickup which just takes longer.

You see how it just goes on and on?

Did you even try my scripts/and example mission? I worked hard to make it easy to use and understand and it amazes me how it gets written off like you just did as "fancy".

well you know what. i was very appreciative for everyones help. All i asked for was a script that could bring a rescue helicopter to my loaction and pick me up.

Mondo's requires dialogs, yours requires multiple map clicks.

I just want a radio juliet script that puts a rescue helicopter to a single map click. I am not a pathfinder therefore i cannot make\judge  ingress or egress routes. I also only want it to be available to the class pilot.  

sounds to me your just boo boo faced i dont want to use your script because i feel its overly complicated, and dont call me lazy you SOB.How do you know i did not PM Imutep? (wich i did) So please if you are not going to be constructive, GET OUT OF MY THREAD.

No,

If you didnt make stupid comments about my work I wouldnt be in your thread to begin with.

I didnt so much call you lazy rather I cited your attitude as one of laziness but if you feel it applies to you as a whole, so be it.

And why shouldnt I call you lazy.  

You couldnt be bothered to try my example mission. You couldnt even bother to answer my questions in my post above.  Dont talk about my work in a public forum in a detrimental way and expect me to just nicely sit by and say nothing....

I never said anything abd about your script. all i said was its overly complicted for the purpose i want.

Booo hooo hooo

dude just give the helo a waypoint to you that is join and lead... you have to make a trigger (radio juliet) first... set it up this way... helo, move to waypoint, then synch trigger to waypoint, then join and lead (on your possition), finally a move to waypoint... try unload or cargo unload or even a get out waypoint... easy