Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

East has ability to purchase west units.

Solved Problem1: East can purchase west vehicles. West don't have this problem.

Solved: Problem2: The vehicle names (EX: $100-$175 BDRM) sometimes do not display.

--------------------Sometimes they do randomly.

--------------------They always spawn when commanded to build, however.

Not Solved: Problem 3:East is missing a .paa wall file when opening build menu. This error came with Matt R's vinilla Warfare 1.1.3f edit. This error is not important right now.

Source for problem: Config_LightFactory

Only things edited in this mission:

1. Commander vote time (for testing purposes only).

2. Edited configStructure time/cost  (for testing purposes only).

3. Added LandRover addon without use of stringtable. (Using string table causes same results).

I have spent the better half of the last two-three hours trying to nail the problem causer in this mission. I couldn't find it so I just decided to create a sample for you guys rather than giving you the whole 500mb's of addons and messy scripts. I compiled this mission using only 1 addon (the TSN_Landrovers).

================================

downloadbuttonay1.jpg

Download (Click here) (Update1)

Filesize: 11.39 MB

The mission includes: Addon + Warfare Edit Folder.

================================

Note 1: The addon used in this mission did not have a name in the stringtable. I named the addon in the display field in the ConfigLightVehicle file. My official mission has about a dozen addons. But I have taken the time to isolate one of them in order to hopefully make it easier for you guys to determine whats wrong.

Note 2: To speed up the process I am open to TS/Vent conversation. Email/PM me when/where you'd like to meet).

Note 3: I have permissions to use this addon.

Note 4: My email: BLSmith2112@gmail.com. My Xfire: Coldkilla9. My AIM: Cyclopentanoper. My MSN: Coldkilla9@yahoo.com.

I've spent nearly 5 hours non-stop trying to troubleshoot this issue. I've started over 3x already, and each time I come up empty handed. Something is causing the entire West team's units to become available to the East. I think I've pinned it down to the Config_AircraftFactory file, but even if I erase the entire file and grab the official one, after 1-2 small edits I still manage to get the same problem... I cant pin it down any further. I'm thinking it has something to do with the stringtable/localization.

If you post your pbo we have a better chance finding the problem instead of guessing...

'Beyond Compare' is a great diff tool. Just compare your whole mission folder to the official warfare mission folder and you'll find the problem in no time.

compareIT is neat too xmas_o.gif

I had basically compared scripts side by side for a few hours and couldn't figure it out before reading your responces guys. I decided that it had something to do with the stringtable I had removed in an attempt to clean the mission up. I started over by creating a stringtable and worked from there.

Update:

I updated main post. Added a sample mission and hopefully made it easier for you guys.

Found problem 1 (maybe 2) in 2 min using Beyond Compare, although I didn't actually test it.

\Common\Config\Config_LightFactory.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;EAST

_u = _u + ["TSN_LR110V1"]

_d = _d + ["Landrover"]

_c = _c + [0]

_m = _m + [0 + (westBarracksCosts Select WSOLDIERTYPE)]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [10]

_o = _o + [false]

_i = _i + ["\Ca\wheeled\data\ico\uaz_mg_CA.paa"]

The first entry on east should look like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;EAST

_u = ["TSN_LR110V1"]

_d = ["Landrover"]

_c = [0]

_m = [0 + (westBarracksCosts Select WSOLDIERTYPE)]

_t = [0]

_p = [10]

_o = [false]

_i = ["\Ca\wheeled\data\ico\uaz_mg_CA.paa"]

You basically kept adding to the West array... crazy_o.gif

Good call Leo. However, after making the modification the problem still exists in the same way.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;EAST

_u = _u + ["TSN_LR110V1"]

_d = _d + ["Landrover"]

_c = _c + [0]

_m = _m + [0 + (eastBarracksCosts Select ESOLDIERTYPE) * 2]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [10]

_o = _o + [false]

_u = _u + ["TSN_LR110SF1"]

_d = _d + ["Landrover (MG)"]

_c = _c + [0]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [10]

_o = _o + [false]

_u = _u + ["TSN_LR110SF2"]

_d = _d + ["Land Rover (AGS-17)"]

_c = _c + [0]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [10]

_o = _o + [false]

I have added "* 2" in this arrays because they should come with 2 soldiers instead of one. All of the other 2 seater vehicles have this added so mine should be no different.

I've uploaded & updated the current version of the mission to the main post. All have been changed but the error still persists.  sad_o.gif

Victor

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb.

Sorry W0lle. I'll have to remake the image since the link was broken in the edit and I didn't see a need to keep the original file as it was online already.

I'll give your edit a test Leo. Thanks bro.

Notice, how the first entry for each side is different than the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_u = ["TSN_LR110V1"]

Next entries:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_u = _u + ["TSN_LR110SF1"]

The units are stored in _u, descriptions in _d, etc., which are arrays. Everytime you see _u=_u +... another item is added to the array. When you get to the next side, e.g. East, the array must be re-initialized. In your case, stuff was just added to the array that already contained the west units. You must write _u=[...] for the first element of each side, and not _u=_u+[...]. I hope that's clear now.  wink_o.gif

EUREKA! That's it! The "+"'s, I should have known. Perhaps this would be useful in the Warfare Wiki for people who wanna add new units:

"Add the unit you wish to add at the bottom of the addon list for the respecting team. If you choose to add the addon at the top of the list, however, you must be sure that there is no "plus" sign infront of the arrays. Ex:

Quote[/b] ]This:
Quote[/b] ]_u = ["Addon_Classname"]

_d = ["AddonName"]

_c = [0]

_m = [0 + (eastBarracksCosts Select ESOLDIERTYPE) * 2]

_t = [0]

_p = [10]

_o = [false]

_i = [""\addonfile\youraddonicon.paa"]

Not this:
Quote[/b] ]_u = _u + ["Addon_Classname"]

_d = _d + ["AddonName"]

_c = _c + [0]

_t = _t + [0]

_p = _p + [10]

_o = _o + [false]

_i = _i ["\addonfile\youraddonicon.paa"]

All of the following units after the first entry must have the "+" added. The first one, however, cannot. Also the _X= must equal the array in for first unit. The remaining "_x="'s must be equal to itself. (EG: _x = _x)

Thanks Leo (and others) for all of your help and support over these last few days. Yall are lifesavers!!!!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif