Sign in to follow this  
HeinBloed

Workaround for flipping Tanks

This Addon is monitoring each tank's up vector, vertically speed vector, and vertically position.

If the limits are exceeded the tank will be placed on ground and it's Speed will be halved.

This Addon is primarily running server side. On client side it is only necessarily for tanks which are created on the client machine.

Required:

- Original Version of Armed Assault 1.14

- Extended Event Handlers (XEH) by Solus and Killswitch v1.7

GDTModTracked (2KB)

Great, but will it have any impact on performance on server and/or client?

I pressed Submit instead of Prieview. Now the post is finished.

I did not see any difference in performance on our server or as client.

Any Mirrors are very welcome. Our (old) server willl be closed tomorrow, and our new homepage and the domain transfer to the new server takes some more time.

Now that's interesting!

What does it do to tanks falling off a cliff or the "unflip vehicle" function in warfare? I'm going to give it a quick test run and would very much like to add it to the list.

Super Idee, danke! :-)

Hmmm. I guess it's function should be splitted into two sections, first setting the vehicle's Z vector and second monitoring Z speed and altitude smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

while {alive _vehicle} do

{

if ((vectorUp _vehicle select 2) < 0.5) then

{

_vehicle setVectorUp [vectorUp _vehicle select 0, vectorUp _vehicle select 1, (vectorUp _vehicle select 2) - 0.05];

}; ... not enough, not even sure if it's correct.

sleep 0.05;

if (((velocity _vehicle select 2) > 5) && (sqrt(((velocity _vehicle select 0)^2) + ((velocity _vehicle select 1)^2)) < 20) && ((getpos _vehicle select 2) > 3)) then

{

_vehicle setvelocity [velocity _vehicle select 0, velocity _vehicle select 1, (velocity _vehicle select 2) * 0.5];

};

sleep 0.05;

};

Less strict, but also not tested yet xD