Sign in to follow this  
scars09

RTM files

what are they for? how to bring them ingame? models that use rtm files except characters? restrictions with rtm files(special class f.e)? if you have knowledge on these issues, please share what you know.

confused_o.gif scars09

a rtm files has a animations its possible to use it by comand in one script.

name of unit playmove "name of animation";

or

name of unit switchmove "name of animation";

its also possible to change it by other animation in one config cpp file and change a path by you animation path for playing this without comand.

Thanks for the reply cervantes, i allready tried this, dont work for me. are there any restrictions?

i want to animate objects, not units. you know if this is possible?

yes its possible for exemple one house contains a doors animations and vehicle a doors and turret and other animations

for this you need read one topic of one object animated and found one good exemple for you config cpp.

rtm files are sets of matrix transforms that describe the 'movement' of a 'named piece of selected geometry' over a period of time.

they can be applied to pretty much any static object ingame.

if your interested in blowing buildings to smitherens then look at the config.cpp for buildings and look at the class definition for 'class Land_Vysilac_FM'. It's a radio transmission tower that when hit enough will play an .rtm animation.

note the destruction animation defined and which runs 'ca\buildings\rtm\vysilac_fm.rtm'... you can load this building in O2PE and apply the .rtm to the model to get an idea of how it works.

All this area of ArmA should get a little more enticing once everyone is on Dx10 and the BIS chaps can slap some Geometry Shaders into the mix.

But for now... make a model, name all the parts you want to animate... move them about and save out the .rtm.

Have fun!

thx for the replies guys. i know the radiotower animation, wich is as far i am aware the only rtm file in use with object. the oil pump has a existing rtm file, wich i can preview in o2, ingame a modelcfg anim is used, wich somehow confuses me. anmyway, i will play around with the radiotower anim to see what is possible. thx again!

thx for the replies guys. i know the radiotower animation, wich is as far i am aware the only rtm file in use with object. the oil pump has a existing rtm file, wich i can preview in o2, ingame a modelcfg anim is used, wich somehow confuses me. anmyway, i will play around with the radiotower anim to see what is possible. thx again!

Also check my HDT island.... it has all the models animated with various RTMs wink_o.gif

thx for the hint Linker Split, i am glad about any examples i can get, i will take a look at it.

Sorry for my newbie questions.

But what I need to make a HMMWV animated door?

I think I need the HMMWV p3d and I don't know if a need a soldier model and I don't know where it's located the proper RTM file.

Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

for this decompress a anim.pbo in you addons directories all animation of men he has listed

for a hmw if you have a legal mlod watch a vehicle.cfg for see a vehicle animation define.

I know this is an old thread and im sorry for digging it up but I waas just wondering if anyone knows anything more about this.

For example:

Now I created a spinning cube rtm. how to define the animation in the config? and how to I hook it up to my ingame cude (defined as a tank)?

well I did some checking, and I don't think it's possible for non-man class units to use rtm's in the way you need. An object can use them for destruction animation, but there is a special destructioneffects class that it's used in. It could be possible I'm not 100% sure, but there aren't any examples of it actually working. The oil pump used to use an rtm (it didn't work though in the early versions of Arma) and has been replaced by standard linear animations in it's model.cfg (available with the officially released models).