Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

FLIR?

Where can (if I can) activate/download the FLIR sequence displayed in the background when visiting the main menu after installing version 1.14? It seems like it's an AC-130 with the big Howitzer. The fake heat vision is pretty neat and I'd love to call down some "lightning" on some of my enemys pistols.gif. Thanks... Juggernaut

Actually, there is no need to download any mods or addons. It's all about one scripting command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setaperture 0.03;

Value 0.03 is not constant and it depends on daytime (or nightime; effect works only during night). Try to change it to get the best result.

If you want also HUD, just use description.ext from saralite\data\scenes\intro.SaraLite.

Well I kinda wanted the howitzer as well but I guess you can't have everything. It's weird that they don't have it in the game yet they have it in the menu as a background video.

It's not a howitzer, it's just a dropped gbu-12 you can find on the harrier.

AC-130's like the "Spooky" gunship have a M102 Howitzer. Would be nice to have flying above. smile_o.gif

Looks more like an LGB to me, and that certainly is ingame...

Then that would be a targetting pod view, is this actually modeled can you now lase your own LGBs in Arma?

Then that would be a targetting pod view, is this actually modeled can you now lase your own LGBs in Arma?

it a floating camera. who knows what, if anything, it's attached to, what dropped the bomb or if it was just created in mid air, and what, if anything, was doing the lasing. It's possible that the bomb was just created in mid air or 1mm from the ground, or on the ground, and exploded... or some other script was used to cause an explosion.