Sign in to follow this  
Terran4999

Texture swap utility

Does anyone know of a texture swap utility program that works?huh.gif?

Any Hexeditor works perfect for that task whistle.gif

but don't forget :

Don't change the Path & Filelenght ! wink_o.gif

Be aware, one of the OFP Texture Swap utilities produce under some circumstances wierd errors in the models !

(nearly all between a memory lag, texture errors on original models and a CTD can be found as result, that is a dangerous thing huh.gif)

hi man .. I'm an expert using it ..

Her how to make a texture change-path .. (sorry for bad english) ..

1) Create a directory where you want to put the new weapon/object (i.e. MY_WEAPONS)

2) Create a subdirectory inside "MY_WEAPONS" where to put all the textures (i.e. AKTEXT) --> nb: this subdirectory is required to prevent your primary directory to be a mess with model and texture everywhere smile_o.gif

3) Open the program .. easy ..

4) Click on "file" and select "open .p3d" and select the model you want to change texture path. now in the texture list you can find all the texture required by the model (so you can move them in AKTEXT)

5) Go to the white line named "Texture folder" and write: MY_WEAPONS\AKTEXT\  

6) Select the first texture from the "texture list", push the button at the right of the grey line "replacement" and select the texture from AKTEXT.

7) Repeat point nr. 7 for every texture

8) Save the model where you want

9) Use ODOL-EXPLORER to see if all the textures are right placed.

n.b.1: You can change texture only of the ODOL models. For MLOD models you have to use TxTPathSwap

n.b.2: In "texture list" you can find some data\texturename . This are original Ofp texture, don't replace.

n.b.3: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT : CLOSE AND RE-OPEN THE PROGRAM FOR EVERY MODEL , otherwise you'll have error like "overflow"..

Enjoy smile_o.gif