Sign in to follow this  
loki

dedicated server not loading map

greetings,

(sry if wrong forum)

i have a dedicated server that won't load a 6MB map... it works on all other machines.. just not the dedicated..

i have no errors in the ArmA.RPT file.

it just sits at the wait for host screen...

any idea why? is there a file size limit?

thanks

Is there any server logfile available ?

Which server version are you running ? Linux/Win ?

Do you use any serverside mods ?

Which map are we talking about ?

I'm getting this when I forget to add the required -mod string.

:alzheimer:

@pupsnase

yes the arma.rpt.. it has no errors

windows

no mods

custom map

this is not my 1st map its more like my 100th, i do understand the basic questions for troubleshooting...

however, the map ran fine when it was 3MB.. but i added more sound tracks and now it won't load. (its not the sound tracks.. i am sure)

the only difference is the size.

does anybody know for sure if arma has a map size limit or not?

Quote[/b] ]however, the map ran fine when it was 3MB.. but i added more sound tracks and now it won't load. (its not the sound tracks.. i am sure)

Sounds like a broken description.ext, have you tried it in SP with the new sounds?

Quote[/b] ]does anybody know for sure if arma has a map size limit or not?

I doubt it, but for MP you want to keep the filesize down so ppl downloading don't have to wait too long smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Sounds like a broken description.ext, have you tried it in SP with the new sounds?

yep.. works fine everywhere but the dedicated.. i submitted a ticket to my hosting company.. and have yet to receive a reply..

i know most people want maps small.. but i am not like that.. i have a T1 connection and most people are running at least broadband.

i feel it is needed to have files larger in order to have a full immersion into the mission.

has anybody tried files larger that 5MB?

edit: only curious... is 5-10MB so bad?

banghead.gif

solved: plz close this thread.

i should have known when the status went from green to red instantly.. that it was the mission.sqm

i really hope BIS changes that when you add something mission for a minute and then remove it.. it goes COMPLETELY from the mission.sqs

NOT HALF WAY!!!

thanks for you help guys.. at there is no size limit.. i made a monster 30MB test and it runs fine.