DediCated Servers Crash

its not only addons and ArmA it self but poorly scripted formulas in the maps

we're dealing with 5 issues not just one

1 Players with Addons connecting to the server

2 Missions with bad scripting

3 Servers with Mixed addons

4 ArmA it self

5 JIP

every one who has posted problems with their server cant expect for a fix of any kind other then running stock and better maps, there is just no way fix every thing unless the MODders and Mappers get off their asses and do a better job

and yes i think allot of them are car less and we have to put up with their end results so I will be hard on them, I've helped with MFCTI in OFP making it one of the most stable missions that can run for 9 hours with the same players, JIP is and issue tho that will make every thing harder ten fold

I nice debug addition would be a formula failed on line ### of example.sqf

every one who has posted problems with their server cant expect for a fix of any kind other then running stock and better maps, there is just no way fix every thing unless the MODders and Mappers get off their asses and do a better job

Funny enough all of us who are running servers had no problems with ArmA servers before 1.12/1.14. The question is, why do we have to deal with it now ?

Why do addons or missions (though I personally haven't seen any mission that crashed the 1.14 server and believe me, we have a lot of "non stock" missions on our server that use a lot of scripts) are able to crash the server now ?

Xeno

Funny enough, almost after ONE YEAR, BIS has NOT SOLVED the Issue!!!:mad:

This is so unbelievable... We are having crashes (Segfault's) couple of times daily and whatnot...

Sent all logs(console-log, netlog, kern.log server.log) to bis couple of times and simply get NO Response!!!

Also PM Suma and get no response at all either?!

What is this all about BIS?

Do you abandoned Linux support?

Then please tell us so and don't leave us standing in the dark.

I demand a word from a BIS developer and immediate action to fix this!

Do you think we are confident that those issues are fixed for Arma2 if you can't even fix them for Arma1 ?

As I have checked pm first, I responded that way first as well. Please note that screaming and demanding is not the best way and that I didn't notice it at all.

As I have checked pm first, I responded that way first as well. Please note that screaming and demanding is not the best way and that I didn't notice it at all.

Sure, but also please understand out point too... as Linux dedicated-server users, we are waiting since ~1 year for a fix.... that is quite a long time actually....:o

And then we have a really big spike of server crashes all of a sudden since two weeks, with 4-5 crashes daily + i sent very much crash-logs + PMs and stuff and get no answer at all.... at some point with my whole community kicking me in my back to "do the f... something", i had to write it in a very desperate way.

However you told me in PM what i needed to know and i have (believe it or not) a big understanding with the workload you guys have with Arma2.

Good luck with it and i hope the next patch comes soon and we switching now to windows ;).

we switching now to windows ;).

This is why I just go ahead and pay the extra $20 per month for windows ($10 per cpu, not cores) on our dedi.

I could spend the $20 on aspirins and use Linux.

This is why I just go ahead and pay the extra $20 per month for windows ($10 per cpu, not cores) on our dedi.

I could spend the $20 on aspirins and use Linux.

Yeahh well its not only the price why communities chose Linux over Windows, also many of them having running their php based Portal-scripts/Forums-Scripts on the same machine (no problem with Multicore+Large Ram and 100mbit+ these days), which are known to run like crap on Windows based Servers.

And actually the most guys (so did and do still "I") believe Linux is faster and a lot more stable...

However in case of Arma-Server (and it was same with Linux Servers! just use that new awesome search function) its the oposite.

I think the problem is the outdated versions of compiler/libraries they are coded in.

In OPF this was a very known problem and some very famous workarounds were existing to cope with it (or simply don't update your Linux machine - LOL :rolleyes:).

However, we will switch to Windows now as we are really fed-up.

After that post here yesterday, two people were writing me PMs and have encouraged me to switch to windows too - all crashes sems to be gone as they claimed (or at least delayed from couple of times daily to once a week lol)...

On top of that Maruk said the next patch will be beta and remain windows-only too (at the beginning though), so we simply can't wait any longer for fixes... almost 1 year is quite enough (for us personally at least ::p)

So MS here i come..... :yay::rolleyes:

I demand a word from a BIS developer and immediate action to fix this!

Do you think we are confident that those issues are fixed for Arma2 if you can't even fix them for Arma1 ?

Hello mr-gc.

I'm alble to understand your anger but demanding is not a good option to receive things, really.

At the end we can't demand nothing, and that's good for Maruk and good for us, because they're kept on motivation

line.

I'll write you all important over PM, T.S.

Edited by mr.g-c