Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

1985 Campaign

After working on the first missions I think we need to make a decision first.

I'm currently using the Xbox campaign, but the missions there are (slightly) different then the ones we know from good ol' OFP.

A few examples:

In the first mission (Flashpoint) the briefing was near the woods in OFP, in the Xbox version it is shortly after we disembarked the chopper. There are also more enemies in the Xbox version compared to the OFP one.

In the third mission (Alert) the camp is in the village center of Morton, while in the Xbox it is north of the main road.

In the Xbox version reinforcements and extraction from the scene is by chopper, in OFP it was an 5t truck.

Before I spend hours and hours of converting the missions and fighting the AI's own will we shall decided which campaign missions to use.

I don't mind which one is going to be used.. enjoyed playing both versions of campaigns.

Don't know but is Elite version better to "import" due way ArmA AI works now?

• Like 1

I think we better should go with OFP missions as otherwise many people could start complaining. But Bergly has a good point, maybe the OFPE ones do fit the ArmA AI better... confused_o.gif

• Like 1

I am also for the OFP ones. Hardly anybody knows the one from Elite and you know the complaining community icon_rolleyes.gif

I doubt it makes any difference for the AI. They screw it up anyway. smile_o.gif

The biggest problem are the missing animations in ArmA. Need to improvise a lot here.

Alright, I take the good ol' OFP missions then and just using the Elite sounds and stringtables.

Does Elite have the OFP anims?

I checked that "X" folder in the EliteData treasure chest and their is only one anims.pbo with around 100kb.

Then there's an Anim folder with around 12MB, which probably are the anims for the xbox. No idea though if and how they can be used in ArmA.

I think we better should go with OFP missions as otherwise many people could start complaining. But Bergly has a good point, maybe the OFPE ones do fit the ArmA AI better... confused_o.gif

OFP Elite engine is definitelly more similar to ARMA engine than OFP was so using these missions could save you some troubles.

Also, note that voice over from OFPE is ours but OFP was voice over done by Codemasters.

I am also for the OFP ones. Hardly anybody knows the one from Elite and you know the complaining community icon_rolleyes.gif

Differences are usually minor and I would say improves the gameplay (makes it more fun).

It's a bit too late now as I'm done with almost 50% of the campaign missions. So we stick with the OFP one now.

Surprisingly most of the OFP missions were running fine in ArmA, with just minor modifications. Only "Undercover" needed some tweaking of the cutscene because the guy talking with the checkpoint guys was running away after he seen them. biggrin_o.gif

But Marek since you're active here. There are some problems I haven't found a solution yet:

In mission 05b: Strange Meeting there is only a stringtable file in the xbox mission file, no mission, no sounds etc. Do you know if the needed soundfiles have been recorded and are somewhere? Since we can't use the OFP sounds we need some.

Mission 12a: Spearhead isn't present in the xbox version at all, so we have missing soundfiles here too.

I searched the file repository up and down but haven't located these missions or at least the missing soundfiles yet. huh.gif