Sign in to follow this  
Raz106

Merging sounds?

Hey guys

Is anyone around knows about sounds.

I would like to merge the sound of chammy with FDF sound. Both are great but some weapons on both team need changes. for instance the PK,M240 and M249 on chammy and the Vulcan and Miniguns of FDF. I also prefere the explosion sound of the CSM frag.

I would like to merge both sound in one? Can anyone help me out?

huh.gif

I believe CSM is working on a new version, but in the mean while i would like to merge them.

I supposed you could un-PBO the PBO's and then swap certain sound files, and repack them.

oh yeah ur right. Almost forgot.All tough i give up and wont chang anything lol. im staying default.

Don't give up, why not make your own sounds?

You'll need...

Sample Editing software (some free stuff floating round on the web)

Sources for samples (Youtube seems to be popular..)

Something to convert your samples from (.wav) to (.wss).

I use OFP sound lab 1.0 (if you look round on the web you'll find it!wink_o.gif

CPBO...this opens (.pbo) files, this also packages your samples & folders into (.pbo) files too.

You'll need a config file, this tells the game where your samples are found (inside your .pbo file) the volume and some other stuff (Not so good with the configs myself!wink_o.gif

Appreciate copyright and don't worry about making mistakes (its a learning process). To be honest you can always ask people here if you get stuck, just remember to be polite & respectful. (and 9/10 times you'll get the help you need.)

I know this info isn't the best but its a start (hahaha..more than I had when I started..) I just hope that it encourages you to give it a try...Good luck in whatever you do!

Regards

Mark XIII

Hmm...I've tried it,but I have a problem.I have replaced the FDF's AK,RPG and Grenade sounds,but when I go ingame I don't hear them.I can hear the RPG sound barely but the AK...nothing (even on max volume).I changed the volume in the config of the AK from -10db to +40 but still nothing (considering that the 2 sounds of the AK (the original and mine) are with quite the same volume).Maybe I'm missing something help.gif

Dude, silly question, did you remember to convert them to .wss, and do the sample names match the names (and paths) in the config ?

I never did any converting or renaming of samples.

All I did was move the main sound pbo's to one addon folder and then looked through the main configs of each mod, then .. all you do is go though a config and replace the classes for weapon/explosions etc etc with the path reference taken from other configs, thus making one config referring to multiple main sound pbos ... sit all those referenced bpos with the config in one addon folder and you have a mixed sound mod.

No faffing around with actual unpacking and sound editing, just simply butchering configs to one you like which in turn is simply referencing to "x".pbo(s) for the sound. Its all about the config file(s) its in those that you say what sound trigger refers to what sound pbo/filename. Like I say you get the exact path from the config of the mod you like.

I have chammy/FDF/FROMZ main sound pbo's in one folder with one config I merged ... that was it.

I wont extend on it further out of respect for sound modders, but once you understand the configs/class names the penny will drop. No real need to labor over making one pbo and moving sounds/converting etc. Only time you may want to do that is to maybe make a sound louder and convert it back but thats all.

>> NOTE : THIS INFO/TIP IS FOR PERSONAL USE OF SOUND MODS & CONFIGS ONLY, NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION PURPOSES <<<

Sry to resirect an ancient thread but I have some issues.

I have taken a prefered mod and am trying to replace some sounds which I dislike.

Like what was mentioned before, when I replace the default pbo file with mine I can't here it.. I can't here all the weapons for that matter they are very very quiet. I made sure the name was correct, recording at 44100, mono, 16 bit.

Can anyone help me?

Drop me a pm with your instant messenger ID on it, I can help. smile_o.gif

Bleh, yeah, I just noticed lol tounge2.gif , im clearing it out now.