Sign in to follow this  
SoD Max

No oxygen from bis unless u meet thier vision

Mig pilot read what Axle online said . Screw the petitons , there have been enough of them .

Um how many people you think will resist what OFP Resistence has to offer ?

But i'm up to what Axle online sujest

You say "read the statement on AxleOnline",, I say, read the statement on OFP editing center.

IMO, AxleOnline is acting imature in this matter. Sure, I want to have tools so I can incorporate my own modells into OFP, but it ain't neccesary. I can wait, as long as I know that the people who get the tools will give us nice mods and addons.

To quote 'Pin da Smoka' from OFPEC:

So people, for those of you who say that releasing these will make OFP last just that much longer, remember this. Releasing this to MOD teams, will give you MODS to play for months. And, they are using there discretion to make sure the MOD is worth while, to make sure that YOU have an enjoyable experience. So, when you are finally done playing MODS they deam fun and worth while, they will release the tools so you can do your own thing. I, for one, am all for this idea. For those of you who aren't, well, poo on you and your dirty dog too. :-P

again tho ... "after these mods are released, they will release to public to do our own editing" ... whats the point in that?

it would be the same if the released it now .. the mods will still come out ... and give us something ew to play....

BUT!

the way they are doing it ... we wont get this tool for a friggen long time off ... mods dont get made in a week or a month ... it take many months to make a good mod "Particualy the mods that will keep us playing for months... like they state"

so still there is gonna be a long wait .. and 2 long if you ask me!

It's interesting to see Axleonline surface after so long with no news. Sorry but I can't agree with these statements. confused.gif

At least the editing centre has the right frame of mind.

I can hardly believe what I´m reading tonight...

You call BIS nazis and a lot of nasty things. Whithout them there would not be any OFP! You guys should get a big fat bitchslap allaround the face, thats for sure! I know I´ll keep on modeling and making mods for OFP and I´m a modeler for Operation Vietnam. I feel ashame when I read what you write just to make other people more angry because you think it will help. It reminds me of little children, you know how they are. If they dont get what they want at ones, they will start screaming and making a´lot of noise. Your just like that.

Who wants to do anything for people like these?

I know that BIS will give out oxygen and maybe some other tools to the ones that they think are good enough to make good modifications.

i posted this in the other post in the general forums ... post it here aswell..

-----------------------

what i would like to know tho ...

is what are the chances of ppl like myself that do model weapons player and vehicls or anything else for that matter, would be able to get a copy of that programe ... but cant promise many release that BIS would expect?

i mean i would not mind messing around editing player models or makeing new one and maybe a weap or two, but not have not got the time for doing it full time ....

cozz i am busy with other game releated production right now ... so i am busy ... but i would still like to mess around and release once in a while???

i mean would ppl like myself have a chance at getting the tool?

I think they are worried about the quality of the models that will be made after. One way they could address this is to unofficially support OFPEC by giving the tools to OFPEC as long as the people who run it sign modellers up and have them submit to the OFPEC staff to ensure the models are good enough. just my 2 cents.

Lansen we all know that ofp mod vietnam is the lil step child of bis . G isnt that why lusty poo quit ? Now on the oxygen deal ... MS flight sim 2002 is a great example of what would happen if we had oxygen . Here is a site click here for that game that host hundreds of new high quality planes . Now they have all the tools that are needed to make these planes . By looking at the site you can see that crap is not posted there at all . Hense if they released these tools for ofp it would be up to Tigershark over at the editing center wether crap gets posted . As anyone that really knows whats going on knows that , thats the place to be for cutting edge editing . And they also know that he wont post any crap at all . So you BIS gameboys out there chill . We that are voicing our opinion are just as dedicated at this then you . I play with this game sooo much my marrage is at risk at times ! tounge.gif We are not trolling ...

Even though it do suck that they are not releasing the tools, consider this.

This way, maybe (hopefully), the tools any "approved" mod makers will get are the full versions instead of slimmed down and crippled ones.

Oh well.. i guess one have to sit down and think of a new idea than the fun Nam campaign/mod we were going to release. Coz i seriously doubt there will be allowed more "Nam" mods than The Vietnam mod =)

Not that im complaining as long as i get to lowsniff a Huey into a red smoke LZ smile.gif

Have fun,

[FILO] HuBBa

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 01 2002,06:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think they are worried about the quality of the models that will be made after.  One way they could address this is to unofficially support OFPEC by giving the tools to OFPEC as long as the people who run it sign modellers up and have them submit to the OFPEC staff to ensure the models are good enough. just my 2 cents.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll put up $10 on the fact that it's a commercial action.

They would have to put some effort in a good addon for people to buy it. Obviously, effort is not something BIS is willing to put into it.

If they wanted to secure the quality of OFP, they would RELEASE Oxygen. Not hold it back. Think of where the Linux OS would be today if it wasn't open to the public.

Who is willing to put hours of work into a mod, with the risk of never being able to post it on the internet? Most good modders will just go find another game to mod.

This stupid action by BIS will start the demise of the OFP community. Mark my words.

mad.gif

Where exactly is the Linux OS today?  confused.gif

Sorry, you'll have to think of a better analogy than that.

ok ok ok ok ok ok

you've payed about 40 dollars or euros for flashpoint

bis given a lot of support ,way more than some developpers for some others games

they weren't obligated , but instead of leaving ofp , they continued to work on it to give you all the necessary fixs and some bonus

so now , what do they want to do confused.gif??

they want to do what they like

you are one of the worst communauty i've ever seen on some plans , WE always ask more ,more , more and more

they've taken a very good decision , the game won't be illegaly exploited for money by some stupid dickheads without the approval of bis

they keep the control on THEIR game , with this method , we won't be surrounded by crappy addons like in rogue spear or many other mp games

it already begun with all the numerous new skins , have you ever tried to launch a game in game spy ?

they want to prevent more fuck-up like the existing ones

and the didn't say that they won't release the tools , they've said that they will give the tools to responsable mod teams and modellers

The problem with this whole issue is that they said they were releasing it then took a step back and said ..actually we are not releasing it now! If that had never been said there would be less bad feeling. The way I see it is this, if people lose interest in OPF a year or so down the line they WILL release this tool publicly but unfortunately it will be too late, it will be old technology.

i played the demo of this game, it rocked, i bought the game a month ltr it rocked even better. i d/l custom skins and units, it was getting to be better than Day Of Defeat and CS together,,

YOU want to know why HL kept on getting game of the year because it realeased an 'SDK' to the community, from which some awesome mods have been made. these mods are told about by ppl to other ppl that have not yet played them, those other ppl go out and buy half life after seeing some screenshots from the mod

In my own opinion BI should relase at least oxygen and the compiling tool to the public, allowing the creation of custom units, you only have to look at the success of Sierra from Realeasing the half life SDK, not only sierra but other games such as Unreal Tournament and Quake 2,3

OF is the greatest game i have played

i will continue to support BI buy buying their upcoming exspansion but please guys dont hide in greed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lansen @ Mar. 01 2002,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can hardly believe what I´m reading tonight...

You call BIS nazis and a lot of nasty things. Whithout them there would not be any OFP! You guys should get a big fat bitchslap allaround the face, thats for sure! I know I´ll keep on modeling and making mods for OFP and I´m a modeler for Operation Vietnam. I feel ashame when I read what you write just to make other people more angry because you think it will help. It reminds me of little children, you know how they are. If they dont get what they want at ones, they will start screaming and making a´lot of noise. Your just like that.

Who wants to do anything for people like these?

I know that BIS will give out oxygen and maybe some other tools to the ones that they think are good enough to make good modifications.<span id='postcolor'>

Just my point of view.

As I can see it's allway the same. People we have good skill or part of a team modeler start to flame. Try to go to the other side and think. Maybe I am not a good modeler but is not my first try. I love this game and if I want to learn more no way for me. Bad addons hahaha. If you install a crappy addon on your game from me you have enough knowledge to remove it. Not so hard to make a backup of the sensitive folder before any extra install. for me is just a stupid excuse. The only one reason I can see is money. A good exemple is red hammer. Some mission are to hard to have fun and it come from codemasters... So continue your nice mod on your corner but if I need to pay for future mod forget me.  

For me is not a big deal. 50$ (OFP) + 15$ (RH) is not so expensive compared with the fun and the time spent on this game but maybe is time to left the "Masters of code" and to finish I agree with you about nazis. For me I call this MAFIA.  biggrin.gif

Bye

Keep cool (and dry)!

I know it´s disappointing for those having models ready to rock and only need oxygen. I have some (I think) good models myself but I assume that they won´t get released because I am not working on a mod.

I don´t know why they do it...

(I don´t think that there will be many crappy addons because the ppl playing will kick the bad adds by themself out of the Add-Ons-folder (and more you don´t have to do to get rid of a bad addon).

If they want to make money it´s understandable isn´t it? It´s what they do for a living.)

...but I respect (and other should do it also) that this is THEIR product and it´s nice enough that they gave some other proggies free.

I really really feel sick about those ppl talking about BIS as post-communist dictators,nazis or mifiosi.

Also be quite sure that there will be home-made proggies soon that can convert obj or other formats into the p3d-format.

Regards

[76]Chavez

PS: No, I am not a member of some "BIS-loyal" mod ;-)

PSPS:Hehe,too dumb to get it right the first time AHHH ;-)

You know It aint for free to make mods. It does cost a´lot of money, we need research, program licences, time, licences for music etc.

Just so you know that we dont get any profit of doing this.

If a mod go commersial it means that it grove. If you make something your about to sell its easier to put up with money and a´lot of time to make it work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lansen @ Mar. 01 2002,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know It aint for free to make mods. It does cost a´lot of money, we need research, program licences, time, licences for music etc.

Just so you know that we dont get any profit of doing this.

If  a mod go commersial it means that it grove. If you make something your about to sell its easier to put up with money and a´lot of time to make it work.<span id='postcolor'>

that sounds a bit more like when a mod goes retail .. tounge.gif

not a mod makeing a free d/l

Screwed by the pooch again...

I agree with CampKiller... They NEVER should have told us it would be released to ALL who wanted it on 'x' date. Then at the last second pull the plug.

Ive been building models for several EA and ID games for over 4years now. Last year I cooled my engines and basically stopped modelling because I really could'nt find a game out there that turned me on. I even shut down 2 websites, one of which carried over 100 car models for SCGT... I just got bored with it all. Then I discovered OFP... that was about 3mos. ago...

Since then Ive spent atleast 4hrs. a day working on models in 3ds. just for OFP and the anticipated release of Oxygen (as PROMISED mind you.) and now I feel as tho this has all be a HUGE waste of time... why?

1) Im not building a "MoD"!!!!!!... just a few cool addon's

2) Im not a professional modeller- I like to come and go as the wind blows. I don't need a job a BiS.

3) Im new to the OFP community... and don't have my nose buried up anyone's arse here.... yet:)

So in a phrase.. "The odds of someone like me getting Oxygen are laughable at best."

This is not what we were told... this why so many are angry.

Good thing it was not a bone you were offering my dog... MEDIC! I guess I can go pull my web-site down now eh?

But am I really suprised? NO! I've been a portfolio manager for 7 years now. I had a sneaky feeling this would happen. The real story is right here:

Currently, a Betaversion is ready to be released for non-commercial projects only and subject of written agreement between Bohemia Interactive Studio and anyone interested in using the tools.

Plain and simple... BIS is looking around and seeing these MoD's ppl are prepairing, they realize the $ potential of these MoD as an addon CD. You (BIS) get these ppl to sign an agreement, profit shareing/whatever... you give them Oxygen

they create the MoD... you (BIS) have to do nothing but market the MoD when it's finished and reap the profits.

Think about it if you were BIS you would do the same thing...

The only reason they told us (strung us along) last month they were going to release Oxygen... is that several of the good MoD creaters at the time were pulling the plug on there project because BIS would not say when or if they were going to release Oxygen.... Soon as the letter came out mentioning the end or Feb...... whooosh all the sudden everyone was full steam ahead again.

What really yanks my chain is there dishonesty. The truth is what I have said above.... but BIS would like to you believe it's all for the good of the community not to release it thereby keeping crappy MoD out of the box... (as if there are not ANY foalting around out there now...lol)

Jesus H. Christ that is SO... lame... your right BIS... I have been using computers since 1992 and I still have'nt figured out what the hell that DELETE key is for...

P.S. ...they are also scared someone will try and sell there MoD, of course they could easily sue... but why go thru all that when all you need to do it not pass out the big O.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bis given a lot of support ,way more than some developpers for some others games<span id='postcolor'>

Thats because the game was not finished when it came out.

did they give us new vehicle confused.gif? did they give us new weapons confused.gif? did they give us new mission confused.gif? did they give us help with the editior confused.gif??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CarolCray @ Mar. 01 2002,08:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Screwed by the pooch again...

I agree with CampKiller... They NEVER should have told us it would be released to ALL who wanted it on 'x' date. Then at the last second pull the plug.

Ive been building models for several EA and ID games for over 4years now. Last year I cooled my engines and basically stopped modelling because I really could'nt find a game out there that turned me on. I even shut down 2 websites, one of which carried over 100 car models for SCGT... I just got bored with it all. Then I discovered OFP... that was about 3mos. ago...

Since then Ive spent atleast 4hrs. a day working on models in 3ds. just for OFP and the anticipated release of Oxygen (as PROMISED mind you.) and now I feel as tho this has all be a HUGE waste of time... why?

1) Im not building a "MoD"!!!!!!... just a few cool addon's

2) Im not a professional modeller- I like to come and go as the wind blows. I don't need a job a BiS.

3) Im new to the OFP community... and don't have my nose buried up anyone's arse here.... yet:)

So in a phrase.. "The odds of someone like me getting Oxygen are laughable at best."

This is not what we were told... this why so many are angry.

Good thing it was not a bone you were offering my dog... MEDIC! I guess I can go pull my web-site down now eh?

But am I really suprised? NO! I've been a portfolio manager for 7 years now. I had a sneaky feeling this would happen. The real story is right here:

Currently, a Betaversion is ready to be released for non-commercial projects only and subject of written agreement between Bohemia Interactive Studio and anyone interested in using the tools.

Plain and simple... BIS is looking around and seeing these MoD's ppl are prepairing, they realize the $ potential of these MoD as an addon CD. You (BIS) get these ppl to sign an agreement, profit shareing/whatever... you give them Oxygen

they create the MoD... you (BIS) have to do nothing but market the MoD when it's finished and reap the profits.

Think about it if you were BIS you would do the same thing...

The only reason they told us (strung us along) last month they were going to release Oxygen... is that several of the good MoD creaters at the time were pulling the plug on there project because BIS would not say when or if they were going to release Oxygen.... Soon as the letter came out mentioning the end or Feb...... whooosh all the sudden everyone was full steam ahead again.

What really yanks my chain is there dishonesty. The truth is what I have said above.... but BIS would like to you believe it's all for the good of the community not to release it thereby keeping crappy MoD out of the box... (as if there are not ANY foalting around out there now...lol)

Jesus H. Christ that is SO... lame... your right BIS... I have been using computers since 1992 and I still have'nt figured out what the hell that DELETE key is for...

P.S. ...they are also scared someone will try and sell there MoD, of course they could easily sue... but why go thru all that when all you need to do it not pass out the big O.<span id='postcolor'>

I was paging through all the posts, ready to put my 2c in, but now I don't have to. This is EXACTLY how I feel. Great post!

listen people.......

ALL THE KNOWLEDGE IS OUT THERE!!

what i mean to say... all addonbuilders and modmakers allready have the combined knowledge to build us our OWN oxygen surrogate!

All this will invoke is an underground modbuilding scene, i'm pretty sure there are application builders amongst the OFP fans!

Go do your stuff, this means war!

/me gritting teeth in anger over this stunt