Sign in to follow this  
tj72

CAS Heli

CAS_Heli v 1.51

CAS_Heli is my close air support Helicopter system. It is based on much of the code from Airlift, my other script project. It is similar in its use of actions, mapclick and six helicopters for up to ten players. It is multiplayer compatible and gives each caller access to one Attack Heli per call. Installing and using the system is very easy. Just follow the instructions in the readme.

There is a version for East and West. Unfortunately East version only has use of FFAR rockets as the behaviour of the Kamov is different from the Cobra.

In the future I will address this issue.

In this script the Heli flies to a designated attack vector and turns toward your target pos and waits for next command. It will not fly away or engage other targets. During this time it will respond to your commands through the action menu and hold until disengaged or caller has died.

from the readme:

Quote[/b] ]

The Heli will take a direct route to your Vector Position and wait for next command

You will be given up to three options

Mgun Barrage(west only)

FFAR Salvo

Laser Strike(west only)

Move Heli Pos

Move Target Pos

The first two will attempt to fire at your map click position.

Laser Strike requires a Laser Designator and for the caller to select Fire AGM from the Action menu once CAS_Heli is ready to fire

Move Target pos will move the target position for the first two attacks

Move Heli pos will move the Heli to a new firing position.

Once THe heli arrives at a new position it will allign itself to the target marker and wait for next command.

Disengage Attack Heli will send the Heli back to base (RTB)

Once attack heli is disengaged a new CAS_Heli action is added back.

I have tried to make the scripts Addon friendly if the mission maker wants to replace the heli unit.

Quote[/b] ]

ADDON FRIENDLY(West Only) - CAS_Heli will allow addon switching from the AH to another chopper type (Such as Apache)

All the mission maker must do is switch out the unit type in the editor, and replace the CFG names in TJ_Init with the corresponding names for the given addon.

Most Addon readme files should include the given Classnames. THe mission maker must replace the weapon and ammo class names where they are located in TJ_Init

Here is a listing of the tweakable variables and descriptions that can be found in the TJ_Init file:

Quote[/b] ]

;Adjust the number of FFAR rockets per salvo

ecas72_FFAR_SALVO = 4

;Adjust the dispersion in meters of FFAR rockets

ecas72_FFAR_DISPRS = 25

;Adjust the duration of M197 barrage in seconds

ecas72_M197_SALVO = 25

;Adjust the dispersion factor of M197 barrage (not in meters but as a float value)

ecas72_M197_DISP = .0006

;Distance from target to heli at which AGM Missle begins to descend on target

ecas72_AGM_DST = 500

;Hieght at which AGM descends to target

ecas72_AGM_HGT = 200

;Adjust the maximum scanning range for Laser Target

es72cas_Laser_range = 1000

;Cruising altitude for long range flight

ecas72_CruisAlt = 80

;Altitude setting for avoiding mountain (will go back to cruising alt after a time)

ecas72_AltJump = 700

;Minumum distance for long range travel system

ecas72_LongRange = 5000

;Distance that Vectors are placed from Target

es72cas_Tran_Dist = 1100

In the near future I will write a simple script to administer the system and enable access based on what objectives can be met.

e.g. A mission could be made where CAS_Heli is not available untill certain Air defences are destroyed.

Requires Mapfact Addon:

ARMAHOLIC LINK - MAPMISC ADDON 4 4MB

Mapfact site: www.mapfact.net

The script is new and needs testing by the community but my play testing has shown good results (fun as heck in fact) and I hope to hear feedback on this thread about how it performed and any ways to improve it. So download the .zip add it into one of your missions and call down the fire. smile_o.gif

Enjoy!

Wow man, I really can't wait to try this out.

rock on!

Hi TJ,

Nice work!  Couple of suggestions to consider.

1. Like Airlift could you make the commands via Radio instead of AddAction? Makes it easier if you have other things going on there.

2. Combine Airlift with it?

I created a new XAM mission using Airlift (not release yet), be nice to add this but that makes way too many AddAction Commands.

Again nice work, I will combine it with some other Scripts for further testing.

Nice job Fox getting it on the front page!

Vengeance

hey TJ

someone has been busy  

gonna check this out mate ..  smile_o.gif  hope it is half as good as airlift ..

Vengeance1  has a good idea .. combine both scripts

Hi TJ72,

I have intresting scripting idea: is it possible to mele chopper flying in a circle around target and make it shooting infantry with it`s MG (while pilot flying around gunner will just receive array of enemy units inside circle and start shooting)

I think this addition will be usefull in order to engage in CAS call BH\Mi17 also.

Question from a Nubb.

In the readme file you say I need to enter my playerlist in the TJ72_CASW\TJ_Init.sqs.

I think I found where to put it, but don't know the proper syntax.

Could you please give an example?

looking forward to putting some On Call CAS in my epic tank battle.

Thanks,

CAS_Heli v 1.51

New version with a bug fix. The service was not repeating. Thanks to Charles[FAB] for finding the proper usage of engineoff code, nice work!

Also attempted to tighten up the M197 accuracy with mixed results.

Also I gave the firing height a variable in TJ_Init if the mission maker wishes to change. Settings other than 300 have not been tested though...

vengeance- I am looking into moving these controlls into a dialogue in fact. It would be a better interface upgrade than triggers IMO and the caller could reconfigure the settings during the mission. This all depends if I can get it working. I am looking at Dr Eyeballs Dialogue templates to try to achieve this.

Sorry if its cluttering the action menu but hopefully its workable and maybe it can be used in some of your missions in its current state.

Also the script can work in tandem with Airlift with no conflicts as is. I would just not use both systems at the same time. e.g. Use Airlift to transport to position , then call in CAS Heli. Or call in CAS Heli and wait for it to arrive. In the meantime the player could call an Airlift so long as niether script is asking for a map click at the same time they should be ok.

grifelium- sounds pretty cool and I am considering making this! Just not sure if I could use the Airlift Choppers or maybe make another stack of UH-60 dedicated for the purpose. We will see what can be done.

Knight Trane- The player list and group list are near the top of TJ_init.sqs. In the example mission, the player is the leader of BLU_1 or OP_1 depending on which side you are using.

All that is required to add your players to the system is to assign them a group name (any name will do in case you need specific ones for another group) This is done by putting this code in the init field for a group leader in the editor:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Groupname = group this

Where groupname is whatever you want it to be. You can have up to ten groups like this just make sure all groups have unique names (I like group1,group2 etc so they are incremental but that is up to you)

Then in those playerlist and grouplist ARRAYS in the TJ_Init file you must list them as such:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

(east example)

es72cas_Playerlist = [0,leader OP_1, leader OP_2]

untill all the groups you have set up are listed

then the grouplist array is just the groupname as such

es72cas_Grouplist = [0,OP_1,OP_2]

and so on untill all the groups you have set up are listed.

Please note: do not remove the 0 at the start of the list!!!

If this is confusing please PM me and I will clarify, it is very easy but it is no problem for me to help you if you are having a problem getting it started. This goes for anyone having trouble with it, please contact me if you want to use it but couldnt for any reason. I really want people to try this out! FEEDBACK IS IMPORTANT!

Thanks foxhound and Imutep for the news coverage: much appreciated and I hope you guys get a chance to use and enjoy it when your not updating the sites! smile_o.gif

vengeance- I am looking into moving these controlls into a dialogue in fact. It would be a better interface upgrade than triggers IMO and the caller could reconfigure the settings during the mission. This all depends if I can get it working. I am looking at Dr Eyeballs Dialogue templates to try to achieve this.

Great Idea TJ. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Vengeance