Sign in to follow this  
T-money3

People Playing Multiplayer

Hi, I was just wondering if there are a lot of people that play online in armed assault combat operations and what is the average amount of people you would find in a large server meant for 100+ people.

Hi T-money3

100 people servers are rare and most are private pass worded usually as part of a clan or MOD beta test. If you want to play on the bigger servers you need to join a clan. Many are hidden and pass worded to keep the riff raff out. wink_o.gif

The majority of public servers are in the 20 to 60 range.

Most nights but especially Thursday to Sunday there will be 3 or 4 public servers in the 60 person range running coops as well as about the same number running Berzerk. Please be aware that as I said most clans run their servers as private though they often run a public server for recruiting purposes.

That a sever is 100 person does not mean the mission on it are all for 100 people. As the night draws on a server will switch to smaller games as people go to bed. So a hundred person server may be playing 20 person games by the end of the night. It depends what the admin at the time puts on.

The above also can mean a 100 person server can be left with a 20 person game until an admin logs in the next day and puts a larger mission on, but this can be dependent on the server config too.

I tend to play on servers in the 20 to 60 person range. Several running Berzerk as well as coop servers run more or less full 24 hours a day.

Kind Regards walker

Hi T-money3

100 people servers are rare and most are private pass worded usually as part of a clan or MOD beta test. If you want to play on the bigger servers you need to join a clan. Many are hidden and pass worded to keep the riff raff out. wink_o.gif

Most nights but especially Thursday to Sunday there will be 3 or 4 public servers in the 60 person range running coops as well as about the same number running Berzerk. Please be aware that as I said most clans run their servers as private though they often run a public server for recruiting purposes.

That a sever is 100 person does not mean the mission on it are all for 100 people. As the night draws on a server will switch to smaller games as people go to bed. So a hundred person server may be playing 20 person games by the end of the night. It depends what the admin at the time puts on.

The above also can mean a 100 person server can be left with a 20 person game until an admin logs in the next day and puts a larger mission on, but this can be dependent on the server config too.

I tend to play on servers in the 20 to 60 person range. Several running Berzerk as well as coop servers run more or less full 24 hours a day.

Kind Regards walker

let me guess, youre playing 1.08?

Hi T-money3

Kind Regards walker

let me guess, youre playing 1.08?

One of the pros for playing 1.09 is the lack of KFCers and blatant cheats. General tomfoolery is at an all time low. I can't help it guys, I almost wish they take another year for the final release and give us many betas nener.gif

Hi BLUFOR

Actualy I am playing a mix of 1.08 and 1.09b

Depends on whether I am beta testing or playing public. I have played a couple of 1.09b publics too.

It is after all a simple matter to choose my MOD folders via shortcut. For the record I have about 16 different shortcut options in my ArmA folder.

Kind Regards walker

Hi The Susser

As I said private and locked servers keep the riff raff out.

They do not even know the servers exist and so cannot find their way in.

Run a public server to recruit, keep the riff raff out of your main server.

Kind Regards walker

Hi, I was just wondering if there are a lot of people that play online in armed assault combat operations and what is the average amount of people you would find in a large server meant for 100+ people.

Hey T-money3, IC ArmA has battles that have 100 players on average every Saturday. However as stated before this is a private server as we are running a tournament, look here

IC ArmA

However during the week we do move onto public servers to play together. You'll find the most popular servers in terms of player numbers are Bezerk Maps which tend to fill up during the evenings to about 40-50 players. As of yet I have yet to see a public server that has a 100+ people playing on it, only private prearranged games seem to get this.

smile_o.gif

We don't quite run 100+ player games yet but we usually strive for the 30-50 mark to keep things cohesive, team orientated and to keep the comms realistic and organized.

Feel free to check us out at http://operationreality.org

Have a look at the below link:

http://stats.swec.se/server/list

keep checking it at busy times and you can make up your own mind about if there are 100+ players server or which is the busiest server....

Have a look at the below link:

http://stats.swec.se/server/list

keep checking it at busy times and you can make up your own mind about if there are 100+ players server or which is the busiest server....

I have never found that site to be particularly accurate on the playercount. Both Gametracker and Game-Monitor seem to be more reliable for playercounts/activity history, whereas the one you linked to seems to be better for other things (ie: mission history, but even that does not seem to be terribly reliable).

i didn't know the other two sites thanks for that...

the link that i was using is tracking most of the times...but you are right some of the times it seems like is not tracking and is stack in one date/time....

Little offtopic;

Why there is almost no Team mode servers?I mean 95% is coop...

I mean 95% is coop...

95% = 90% Evo & 5% Non-Evo Coop

And there are a lot of topics about ArmA and PvP.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif