Sign in to follow this  
Jacobss

ArmA II on Xbox 360

I have made this topic, becouse I think, we should speak about ArmA II on 360. The same topic we have with PS3, well it is time, to open the same topic, but about 360, not PS3. As we now, ArmA II is only confirmed on 360 and PC. We now, that Microsoft does not allowed, to do the same things with addons, what Sony allowed, well we can only get the "official" Addons on XBL Marketplace. It is of course bad, becouse I'm pretty sure we will get only 2 or 3 expansions, becouse we can only get this, what BIS will make. I wonder, which resolutions will Arma II on 360 supporting. Does BIS do only 720p, or they want do something "higher" and they will do 1080p resolution. icon_rolleyes.gif it is for me verry importent. And I wonder, if ArmA II will have the same content, as the PC version of the game. And what about release date? Will BIS release both versions, at the same time? Can you confirmd this Placebo? Sorry for some mistakes, English is not my native language. wink_o.gif

the game has been confirmed for "next generation consoles" on a few gaming websites. i really hope the game does come out on 360, mainly because i find it much easier to get into these games on a console (i played elite for a long time). i feel much more like i am the soldier when sitting in my room without a desk and stuff. i also think that the 360's gamepad is much easier than keyboard and mouse because i hate searching for the right key or turning a turret 45 degrees and having to pick the mouse up and move it back to the other side of the mat.

this game could also work well with xbox live because it could support RPG elements like persistent clan battles and customisation of the players character.

the game has been confirmed for "next generation consoles" on a few gaming websites. i really hope the game does come out on 360, mainly because i find it much easier to get into these games on a console (i played elite for a long time). i feel much more like i am the soldier when sitting in my room without a desk and stuff. i also think that the 360's gamepad is much easier than keyboard and mouse because i hate searching for the right key or turning a turret 45 degrees and having to pick the mouse up and move it back to the other side of the mat.

this game could also work well with xbox live because it could support RPG elements like persistent clan battles and customisation of the players character.

I disagree with you. The mouse and keyboard are a must in any FPS game. If BIS is gonna bring auto-target up, then yeah, but untill then, anyone using a gamepad to aim will die 3-4 times before he could get a chance to shoot a guy with a mouse.

Even if i understand the reason BIS is going for consoles (harder to steal the game) i hope they will think about porting the game from the PC to consoles and not the other way around.

You cannot play a game like this with only 12 buttons on a gamepad, i am sorry to say that.

I managed to play OFP:E for years with a gamepad and never had any real problems, the only thing which could be a bit awkward was the command menu but that could possibly be controlled through voice commands (a la the new tom clancy strategy game). the main thing which makes me prefer the pad is that it can be used for everything in the game from jets to men so you don't have to swap to a joystick. also the 360 pad has the best analogue sticks ever (when the sensitivity is set up by the devs properly) on COD 3+4 i never needed to use the steady aim button i can just use the stick to steady it. GRAW also had very good analogue stick setup.

i do realise that some people prefer keyboard + mouse and PC but i don't think BIS are about to give up on the people who made them successful in the first place; i expect they will make sure the PC version is as good as it should be.

(i also hope that enough of the PC stuff will go into the 360 version to allow PC and console gamers to play online together to create one all conquering community.)

Quote[/b] ]The mouse and keyboard are a must in any FPS game. If BIS is gonna bring auto-target up, then yeah, but untill then, anyone using a gamepad to aim will die 3-4 times before he could get a chance to shoot a guy with a mouse.

To repeat this nonsense over and over like many PC gamers do doesn't make it any truer. We had Quake battles on the Dreamcast and I usually could give experienced PC gamers (who told me the same thing as you did above) a run for their money with my pad -and the DC pad was no match for the 360 pad!. First of all a pad is not necessarily slower in the end than a keyboard/mouse control, if you do it right. A pad allows for more natural moves (real diagonal moves are not possible with just wsad) and allows these moves to be made with the analoge sticks that are easier to control than two different systems (board/mouse) at the same time.

I know that PC gamers can be _very_ fast with their keyboard/mouse control, but that usually comes only after long game sessions, i.e. experience. It's much easier to teach someone with no gaming experience at all to become a good pad player than to teach him a good keyboard/mouse control.

And the last - and most important - point: if all players use the pad than there's no problem at all and since we don't use keyboard/mouse with the 360 no pad gamer will have to fight against a keyboard/mouse user.  tounge2.gif

Grim

I have played OFP: Elite with my a keyboard and mouse adapter (SmartJoy Frag) ever since it was released a few years ago(and still using it). I have not bought a 360 yet but I will once ARMA2 comes out and by then I hope they have a m/k adapter that's up to par with SmartJoy Frag.

Is it possible for my back to hurt while playing console games crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Might be tempted to buy this for the Xbox360 as well as my pc, great thing about the console is that you know its made for that hardware setup, it wont chrash as your using a different gfx card that cost you a arm and a leg but has shite drivers, and the cheating problems we have seen in the past! Wonder when confirmation will indeed be made public what next gen console its out on...

I will probably wind up playing this on the 360 more than on the PC.

I played OFP:E non-stop for the 1st year and LOVED it. The seamless multiplayer, voice comm, buddy list of XBox Live made it a dream come true.

OFP:E was the OFP I always wanted to play, because it had mid-game joining. Even without all of the addons, it was pure tactical heaven.

If ArmA II can get released well before the end of the 360's lifecycle, then we can really have some fun.

As we now, ArmA II is only confirmed on 360 and PC.

Awesome!! I can't find any info on this confirmation! Can you give me a link?

Thanks!

smile_o.gif

For all people, who didn't now, that ArmA II will be on X360:

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/arma-2-expectations_en.html

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....2;st=30

Look too on press release. Placebo in topic "which console" confirmed the 360 version of ArmA II. In PM he said, the version on 360 will be for sure. BIS at Invex confirmed this version. Is this enough to belive, that the 360 version will be?