Sign in to follow this  
PlatformKing

New system purchase UK

Hey all, after having the same system from Aria since 2002 which has been upgraded here and there over the years, I'm looking to get a decent gaming system. Just wondering which are the best sites to go to for a budget of £400 (perhaps more). All I need is the base unit and I'm not bothered about a modded case etc just the essentials but at decent quality so I can play ArmA and Ofp at good detail settings. Ta all.

PK

Oh yeah, also wanted to ask if it's now safe to go over to Vista? Should I still get an XP sytem instead? Sorry for the dumb noob questions but like I said I haven't made a major system purchase for almost 6 years!

If you are going for Vista, go for 32 bit; 64 bit has many problems. It's your best bet to get Vista (for the future) but have a dual install, so you have XP as well on a separate hard drive partition.

My favourite computer shop: <a href="www.scan.co.uk" target='_blank'>www.scan.co.uk</a>

This isn't really the correct forum, though...

Sorry, sarbe, didn't know which forum to post in so I went for this one. Mods can move this if the want!

I had mine built by this guy i priced up all the parts my self then sent them to him for a price.

The parts i priced up came to £940 and he built it all for £1000 with 3 year warranty and if you live live near Derby you can pick it up(thats if you live in the UK).

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EasyPC-Ltd

Thousand quid to build your PC for you? Christ I'm in the wrong job.

Build it yourself, if you can manage to replace a graphics card, building a PC isn't much more complicated. Every motherboard gives you instructions on how and where to place things, and each individual component also tells you the same.

Easy, and you save yourself a wad of dosh at the same time.

Thousand quid to build your PC for you? Christ I'm in the wrong job.

Build it yourself, if you can manage to replace a graphics card, building a PC isn't much more complicated. Every motherboard gives you instructions on how and where to place things, and each individual component also tells you the same.

Easy, and you save yourself a wad of dosh at the same time.

More like 60 quid to build it, 940 for the parts...

System specs where,

Gaming case and PSU to suit

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi AM2,PCI-E,DDR2,SATA2,GBLan

Processor

AMD Athlon64 6000 Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

Memory Slot 1

2048Mb (2X1024Mb) Dual Channel DDR2 667Mhz Memory

Graphics Slot SLi 1

XFX 768Mb nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 570M PCI-Express VGA Card

Optical Device 1

NEC AD5170A-0B 18X+/-DVD-R Dual Layer Dvd Writer- Black

SATA Device 1

80Gb Maxtor DiamondMax SATAI/II 2Mb Cache Hard Drive

SATA Device 2

80Gb Maxtor DiamondMax SATAI/II 2Mb Cache Hard Drive

Floppy Drive

33-in-1 USB2.0 Card Reader 3.5 Internal/External -Black

Monitor

19 Inch TFT Gaming Monitor

Operating System

Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit - Home Premium Edition -

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional * New Version

Warranty 36 months

And i can say it been a kick ASS machine

Quote[/b] ]

More like 60 quid to build it, 940 for the parts...

I'd hope so too

Bacon, only 160gig? My primary is 500, got a secondary waiting to be slotted in when needed. Think I've downloaded enough random crap to fill the 160.

Allways delete the crap after i've watched it biggrin_o.gif and with the card being a bigger fucker the hard drive carragie had to be taken out so just plummed for a 160 drive may put bigger in when needed.

P.S All the parts came to £940 7 months ago prob cheaper now as well.

Think twice about where you get components from.I used to get all mine from one company already mentioned(great prices)-not Komplett or e-buyer smile_o.gif -then had a couple of real RMA horror stories and a web search revealed hundreds with similair experiences.Nowadays i rather pay 5-10 quid extra for peace of mind if something goes wrong.

BTW- Scan after sales seems to have largely +ve reviews.

Good luck.

There's a pinned thread in OT for all aspects of PC discussion, better still there's numerous dedicated PC forums out there.