Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

ARMAMDB Scriptpack 2008.1

scriptpack.jpg

ARMED ASSAULT MISSION DATABASE - ARMAMDB.DE - has released yesterday a simple scriptpack with 15 scripts - more or less a matter of taste.

You can find inside:

1. Crew fleeing script - crews of destroyed tanks or aircrafts are fleeing to given position and are deleted on it.

2. Turret Watch - crews of tanks and fixed mgs are scanning the area ahead

3. Turret set - wracks can now set their turrets in different directions

4. Body remove script - very useful for MP. Its remake of my old script from OFP. Bodies of killed soldiers are changed to "deadbody" objects first, then to "grave" and deleted at end

5. Vehicle occupying script - vehicles goes occupied first when a given variable is true or player/unit is under given distance

6. Group deleting - with this script you can very fast and simple delete a vehicle columns with their passengers

7. Weather & daytime scripts - randomized weather and daytime, mp tested

8. MG scripts - scripts to reocuppy mgs etc.

9. Mortar Scripts - you can use it to set borders of the battlefield area (area reduction for player), or an enemy artillery spotter is coordinating mortar actions. Is he killed, the mortars will goes more and more innacurate

10. Marker scripts - markers would follow units on the map

and some more.

You can find some demomissions and readmes in the pack. Sorry, but we have no english translations.

All these scripts are very simple but we developed they for scripting and mapping newbies to enlarge quality of missions. We hope it ist usually.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Click on the image to download</span></span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>For mappers:</span>

All script can be used but not too very modified. You must give ARMAMDB and me credits in your mission readme, creditlist.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>For newssites:</span>

We need some new arma missions in our depot. So we need more popularity. This download may be hosted ONLY on ARMAMDB.de but anybody can post to the link of this content (no direct DL Links please).

*We are looking for german - english Translators for this and next projects.

welcome.gif

Thank you. I will definitely find this useful. I have just started learning about this stuff nd mission making in general after all these years. For some reaon after bieng a fan of BIS since the US launch of OFP, I literally decided about 10 days ago to figure this stuff out. It's so much fun I keep asking myself "what the hell I was waiting for?" biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, Thanks for the useful tool! I appreciate this

Edit:

By the way, as of now I am only learn missiong making for personal use and have never shared anything. But if I ever do decide to release a public mission, I will not modify your scripts I may use and will fully credit you in all readmes, posts, etc. And last but most importantly, I will seek your permission before I release any missions that may use these scripts.

I give you my word.

Thanks again! thumbs-up.gif

why isn't there a english version released first? sad_o.gif

Anyways seems like a great package of scripts hope you get some help translating it. Do you really need permission to release a mission?

smile_o.gif

Nice to see this released, congrats.

@Commando84

No, he just said credit him and his page in the readme ( best with a link to it ), no need to contact anyone.

1. Crew fleeing script - crews of destroyed tanks or aircrafts are fleeing to given position and are deleted on it.

2. Turret Watch - crews of tanks and fixed mgs are scanning the area ahead

Hi and thank you for this script pack !

I'm particularly interested in these two. Can they work by default ? Furthemore, what do you mean by 'scan the area ahead' ? Do the crew turn out and watch around ?

Thank you ! Will try these at home tonight wink_o.gif

Malick

Hello, guys. At first - thank you for the nice words.

@Commando84

Sorry, we have no more enough english capacities to translate. That is really a problem, but i will try to help here in forum.

@Malick

What do you mean with "work by default" ?

On the picket, tank gunners and commanders are turning their optics (commanders have most times own, separate optic) in a given direction and angle (or between two remarkable points of terrain) and scan the areal in direction to the enemy. Both are buttoned. So they can identify enemy faster. When the angle is 60°, the gunner is looking at first turn (from the middle) 30° left, during the commander is looking 30° right. Then they are switching. Gunner looks 60° right, commander 60° left. Then switching. While these actions they can switch the scope from 2x to 8x etc. etc. Its real thing. The ArmA tanks are standing without an action an it looks - for me - foolish.

If someone has a questions, the armamdb team and me will try to help here.

biggrin_o.gif

About the Script for fleeing crews:

1. Feeing Crew (flee_crw.sqs): after a tank is destroyed, the crew is not really needed for futher progress of the battle. So the crew is leaving the platoon (when there are more than this one tank in a battlegroup) and moving to an logic object (or other object) in background - outside of the battleareal. If the tank is on side "west", one more soldier will be created - the loader. East tanks have automatic loader, so they have only 3 persons.

Scripts for noobs.

Very bad optimization. crazy_o.gif

Are capable to cause delay work of game, therefore the are less used - that better.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? alive _men2 : _men = _men2; goTo "nxt";

? _men3 != objNull && alive _men3 : _men = _men3; goTo "nxt";

? _men4 != objNull && alive _men4 : _men = _men4; goTo "nxt";

? _men5 != objNull && alive _men5 : _men = _men5; goTo "nxt";

? _men6 != objNull && alive _men6 : _men = _men6; goTo "nxt";

? _men7 != objNull && alive _men7 : _men = _men7; goTo "nxt";

Why not used a "list" command by trigger?

Why variables not selecting from massive?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#nxt

_men assignasgunner _gun;

? _men distance _gun < 1.6 : _men moveingunner _gun;

huh.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[_gun,_men2,_men3,_men4,_men5,_men6,_men7] exec "CHSMGRBS.sqs";

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

can't check all the stuff, but this part is my favorite biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]_men setCaptive true;

~2 +random 3

_men setCaptive false;

~3 +random 2

_men setCaptive true;

~2 +random 3

_men setCaptive false;

~3 +random 2

_men setCaptive true;

~2 +random 3

_men setCaptive false;

Who made it ? Just wonder what logic is behind smile_o.gif you know such script's logic can blow newbie head biggrin_o.gif

Arrogant people & jerks doesn´t never dies. And that is all what i will comment to you.

mad_o.gif

Man, relax. To you have simply informed that scripts poor-quality. It is necessary to learn, look works of other people and to finish your scripts.

As the forum doctor i hand out these to everyone:

chillpillwp9.jpg

I think you two just missunderstand each other because you two arent native english speakers ( like me ).

But Chaos had to react a bit sour to the part where you and Astanid laughed at his script work.

So what can i say, it seems OTK-Members suggestions for the scripts are indeed helpful to make them more performance friendly.

smile_o.gif

For example

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#start

~1

_c= count list trg

?_c<1 : goto "end"

_n= (list trg) select random _c

?_n == gun_1 || _n == gun_2 || _n == gun_10 : goto "start"

?!alive _n : goto "start"

_gun = _mass select (random 2)

;hint format ["%1, %2, %3",vehicle _n, _gun, typeof _n]

?_gun==_last_gun: goto "start"

?alive (gunner _gun): goto "start"

[_n] join grpnull

~1

_n assignAsGunner _gun

[_n] ordergetin true

_n setunitpos "up"

_n setspeedmode "full"

~5

@!alive _n || _n in _gun

_n setCombatMode "RED"

@!alive _n

_last_gun=_gun

goto "start"

#end

exit

Its simply script more functionable (i use some local variables, becouse it was writing for one mission)

otk-member, Astanid

each of you 48h PR for spamming the thread and flaming.

.. suggestions for the scripts are indeed helpful to make them more performance friendly...

I don´t accept "suggestions" from people, they have no respect about other members work.

These scripts are made for newbies, so anyone can learn with it. Most of them are maybe not very complicate, but the idea and effect counts. And i have wrote on first "don´t await too many in things like a scripting ellegance or complexity." Most of these scripts are byproducts of my old projects, some of them are from ofp and 3-4-5 years old.

Someone, who will attack our projects, should leave this topic. I am NOT INTERESTED to be performed. If you will presents your own scripts - made your OWN topic and don´t post it here.

-- cut --

haha, nice scripts my man!

Will try these out for sure.

how to use the scripts im really a newbie and i don't understand german

ow looking at those scripts my head hurts!!!

@ Israelieagle

Ask me here or play and view the included demo-mission "Red Chappel", no problem smile_o.gif

By the way, as of now I am only learn missiong making for personal use and have never shared anything. But if I ever do decide to release a public mission, I will not modify your scripts I may use and will fully credit you in all readmes, posts, etc. And last but most importantly, I will seek your permission before I release any missions that may use these scripts.

Thats no problem. Anybody can use and modify the scripts. Too profound modification - when you modified over 50% - need change the name and write the source descent to the readme.

For all - in the demomission "Red Chappel" you can switch between all units with "Z" or "U" or "T".

If anyone needs some help - contact me please here or pm.