Sign in to follow this  
Cashfan33

Road confusion

I read some of the other threads about the roads but i am still confused about the crossroads. What .p3d file do i associate with crossroads. Can someone explain it again in more detail, im a noob and confused.

Also is there a list that has a image next to each road type so i know what im picking.

Thank you.

Go into Visitor and place all road parts on the map Start Buldozer and see whats what smile_o.gif

Go into Visitor and place all road parts on the map Start Buldozer and see whats what smile_o.gif

Thats solves my road type problem, but how do i do a crossroad.

In THIS document I believe there should be pictures of all road and intersection tiles.

I dont know how to do cross roads, i just place the crossroad part in my road and just start another road at the crossroads again, i think your not able to use the crossroads in the same road network.

I'm not sure about it, but i was not able to get it to work as you do the normal parts in a road network.

Later,

Allie

Try using the crossroad piece as the 'key part' of a road net.

This way you can have up to 3 or 4 roads leading from it.

Planck

Quote[/b] ]Try using the crossroad piece as the 'key part' of a road net.This way you can have up to 3 or 4 roads leading from it.

One downside of doing this, however, is that the Road Smoothing Script probably will not work. If they are really short roads, maybe.

With a 'T' crossroads used as a 'key part' it is possible to have 3 directions for your road net to branch in, making each branch as long as you like by adding road pieces to it.

With the proper crossroads 'silxsil' for example it is possible to have 4 branches coming from it, which likewise can be as long as you like.

Planck

Just wondering if theres anyway to export all your road network definitions to a new map. Or do I have to go through the whole process of redifining the road networks when I satart a new .pew

You have to do it manually, unfortunately. You can import natural and man-made objects using Project | Import Templates.

This is true, I have never found a way to save road definitions.

It doesn't take too long to write the definitions that you want anyway, once done it is easy enough to import any road nets you have saved from a previous map, as long as they are for the same road definitions.

Planck

Ok then thank you. I'll start recreating my road network