Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

all I want are retextured soliers!

I messed with FFUR and it's more than I want and I decided really all I want are the retextured soldiers, and maybe the buildings. Is there a mod for me?

Um.... why would you want retextured soldiers on very badly mapped BIS models when you can get much higher quality models and textures in the FFUR mod. However if you don't want all the scripts and stuff, do not worry. Most of the addons used in the FFUR mod are from individual addons that you can search for on various OFP websites. Probably the best website for that is here:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/

They have almost all of the OFP addons ever made. Have fun.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My pc gets really slow running FFUR 2008, and what I meant was the best part for me was the new soldiers. Thanks

Edit: I can't seem to reach the site via your link or through Google. I really want to play trhe unmodified campaign with the modern looking soldiers fron a mod - does that make sense? smile_o.gif

I believe what's he's getting at is that he merely wants a replacement mod. Rather than a festooning heap of TC which has higher system requires than ArmA... however that's possible crazy_o.gif

GRAA might be something in the way of what you're looking for smile_o.gif

If not, then IIRC, there's a tool for making replacement mods floating around somewhere... I can't seem to find it right now though.

Quote[/b] ]I believe what's he's getting at is that he merely wants a replacement mod. Rather than a festooning heap of TC which has higher system requires than ArmA... however that's possible

I know your position regarding FFUR since some of your Civilians have been used within the MOD without your MOD's permission a while ago, I have tried to kindly figured out a solution for the issue but with no success.

But this doesn't allow you to make unfounded comments with the attempt to make the MOD look bad in a certain light.

Quote[/b] ]

My pc gets really slow running FFUR 2008, and what I meant was the best part for me was the new soldiers. Thanks

A patch is currently under development intended to enhance several aspects of the FFUR '85 (2008 Edition), including the AI, which is the main reason behind the AI framerate hit, therefore several maneuver scripts have been disabled and thus increased the FPS level.

Meanwhile, if you can't wait for the patch, here is a solution to completely disable SLX_GL3 scripts in order to gain in terms of performance:

- Open all .hpp and .cpp files included within @ffsx85\Bin\  and \ModConfig\ folders (Get Notepad ++ for an easy edition) and take out the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init="_this exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs};";

};

from config.cpp

You might encounter the following case with an init=... line launching several scripts

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init = "_this exec ""\slx_gl3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs""; _this exec ""\ffur_misc\scripts\tank.sqs""";

};

In this case, you have to only delete:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this exec ""\slx_gl3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"";, don't modifie anything else, including the <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>"</span>.

Then you should have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init = " _this exec ""\ffur_misc\scripts\tank.sqs""";

};

-------------------------------------

If you would like to keep a part of SLX scripts then simply disable those of infantry troops as the more units you have on the map, the lower the FPS can be.

Find

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Man:Land

Scroll down until you find:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init= "_this exec ""\slx_gl3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs""; _this exec ""\ffur_misc\scripts\feetdust.sqs""";

dammaged="drop [""\ffur_misc\blood\bloody"", """", ""SpaceObject"", 1, 120, [getpos (_this select 0) select 0, getpos (_this select 0) select 1, 0], [0,0,0], 0, 0.001275, 0.001, 0, [2, 2], [[1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,0]], [0,0,0], 0, 0, """", """", """"]";              

};

Replace thes values by:

class EventHandlers:ECP_EventHandlers

{

Init= " _this exec ""\ffur_misc\scripts\feetdust.sqs""";

dammaged="drop [""\ffur_misc\blood\bloody"", """", ""SpaceObject"", 1, 120, [getpos (_this select 0) select 0, getpos (_this select 0) select 1, 0], [0,0,0], 0, 0.001275, 0.001, 0, [2, 2], [[1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,1], [1,1,1,0]], [0,0,0], 0, 0, """", """", """"]";              

};

And save the config file.

I hope this helps.

Otherwise, as stated above, there are a bunch of other total conversion mods that will fit to your needs and wishes.

Regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ]I believe what's he's getting at is that he merely wants a replacement mod. Rather than a festooning heap of TC which has higher system requires than ArmA... however that's possible

I know your position regarding FFUR since some of your Civilians have been used within the MOD without your MOD's permission a while ago, I have tried to kindly figured out a solution for the issue but with no success.

But this doesn't allow you to make unfounded comments with the attempt to make the MOD look bad in a certain light.

You're not still concerned about that are you?

I wasn't trying to attack your mod. And, while I may have had my share of bad feelings towards your efforts, to be honest, I'd rather we put the past behind us. I'm just saying that not everyone has the time or connection to download the latest version of FFUR, and, in my opinion (and a few others) there's a lot of changes in FFUR that aren't really necessary and could easily be cut out to massively reduce the download size. I don't feel anything I've said has been anything but the truth.

Simply put, FFUR is rather large, and it does have high system requirements. I'm sure some people would rather just have some nice new effects and some updated soldiers. All of this could be fitted in a package less then 100mb, that could run on most PC that are capable of running OFP.

My apologies if you've interpreted anything I've said here as offensive, it really isn't intended to be.

I instead installed FFUR 2007 and it runs great! It's just what I wanted! Much better for me w/out SLX and the grass effects.Thanks Thunderbird!

Quote[/b] ]I wasn't trying to attack your mod. And, while I may have had my share of bad feelings towards your efforts, to be honest, I'd rather we put the past behind us. I'm just saying that not everyone has the time or connection to download the latest version of FFUR, and, in my opinion (and a few others) there's a lot of changes in FFUR that aren't really necessary and could easily be cut out to massively reduce the download size. I don't feel anything I've said has been anything but the truth.

Simply put, FFUR is rather large, and it does have high system requirements. I'm sure some people would rather just have some nice new effects and some updated soldiers. All of this could be fitted in a package less then 100mb, that could run on most PC that are capable of running OFP.

My apologies if you've interpreted anything I've said here as offensive, it really isn't intended to be.

Thanks for the friendly reply but there are a couple of things that have to be clarified:

- 1st : OFP's engine is almost 8 years old and doesn't properly handle the new hardware, unlike ArmA which is specifically designed to be used with brand new systems (Of course after some patches).

- 2ndly : The new FFUR '85 does not follow the same policy than the rest of the previous FFUR packs as the new MOD is completely based on the original theme and only includes necessary modifications, in oder words, the MOD does no more shine with useless changes (UI [Compass, Radio, In-game UI, Watch, Notebook, Laptop, Book... etc]).

And the few extra addons which have been implemented don't affect in any way the framerate level.

- 3rd : No way to replace all Models and have a MOD with less than 100 MB, unless you compress it using a high-compression system (7zip..).

- 4th : Several changes have carried out in terms of scripting in order to make the MOD more playable, and the incoming patch is really a success in these regards as I'm playing again the CWC campaign without encountring any issue so far.

Quote[/b] ]I instead installed FFUR 2007 and it runs great! It's just what I wanted! Much better for me w/out SLX and the grass effects.Thanks Thunderbird!

Please could you specify your system specs below?

Regards,

TB

Lower the resolution to 800x600, it will run the smoothest.

I also want to re-texture DLEM's acu 101st Airborne soldiers for personal use no public releases.

I always wanted re-textured BIS models to use for ECP mod. EECP was supposed provide that but never materialized.

Walter, thanks for the reference to the ECP mod, but I'm having difficulty in getting to run. I downloaded all the required addons and I'm using the RHS, Marine combined config and I'm getting "preprocessor failed in config.cpp error -1" any suggestions.

Walter,

Yah, sorry I meant I used the Laser/RHS/ORCS config. have played the addon shuffle, removing the marine pack, the RHS addons and still get the error message, which btw generally indicates an addon issue.

I also thought maybe the problem was that I have 1.085e of ECP installed which really just an update to the ecp_effects.pbo, changing that to the original didn't help.

If you can get it running, please let me know how and what your command line looks like.

Thanks

Thanks for all the assistance. Got it working, the problems was not the addons after all, it was the config.cpp.

The problem was that I had the sound configuration set for Dynamic Range instead of the default sound, changing to the default worked though I'm at a loss why dynamic range isn't working since I have the pbo file in the ECP addons folder.

Also, using SamotH-ReplacemenT-PacK one can add the resistance models for the buildings and enhanced fire/smoke and SLX grass and more.

Replacement Pack