Sign in to follow this  
FL350

6th sense or XAM ?

Just wanted to hear some people’s opinions, I’m currently running the Xtreme ArmA Mod latest version 1.4, and find it excellent, but there are alot of bugs...however i can sort of tolerate this...

I’ve never tried the 6th sense ArmA mod but it seems to but updated quite regularly on the armaholic website so it must have alot of work put into it, I wanted to ask people who may have tried them both which are better...

For me "better" means extreme realism, and great sounds!

thumbs-up.gif

Hey Mate,

I believe XAM is better for the SP Experience, because I believe they add and replace a lot of the default ArmA stuff.

6thSenseMod on the other hand is aimed at Multiplayer, most features are written for this, and there is very little changed to the default ArmA stuff. However, when you run custom missions and especially in MP, I believe the 6thSenseMod adds a lot. Also, I have not replaced any default sounds, because I believe that sounds taste is very personal, and people should decide themselves which sound pack to use; My mod is compatible with all of them smile_o.gif

I also want to add that I believe that XAM is released while being "Release Ready" while my Mod is being released "In Development" and is more subject to change and more sensitive to bugs than XAM.

How the end-user experiences are; I've no clue, I guess you'll have to wait for others to comment smile_o.gif

thanks alot for that, a good insight  smile_o.gif

If anybody else has tried either one out please do share, especially the 6th sense mod as I haven’t tried it yet but will download possibly tonight.

To be honest.

I Love 6th sense

XAM is good but it mostly seems aimed at SP where as i play both SP and MP.

In my opinion 6th sense is the one to go for.

ok ill start downloading now then, is it true that its all original sounds? if thats the case ill have to find a sound pack, i dont like chammys or FDF, i like select weapons from each, but XAM comes with an array of sounds i enjoy the most, maybe i could just look at getting a few of the XAM sounds, for example, M4, M16, AK47, but i wouldnt know where to start! confused_o.gif

Yes, 6thSenseMod only has original ArmA sounds, except for the custom weapons (obviously tounge2.gif).

I could recommend BPA Soundmod and Chammies (Hear good things about it), altough I lately use the latest version of FDF Soundmod because I believe the whole package together is giving the best results.

Creating your own soundPack is very easy, if you want I can give you pointers on how to work this out.

Here you can see an example of a Sound Replacement Config, where I replaced M4/M16 sounds with RobertHammer's Sounds:

http://www.pastebin.ca/893772

You could look at the FDF SoundMod config and use the skeleton of the config to configure your own sounds etc from other packs.

If you're completely new to editing I could write some guide and host it on the BIKI for you and others to use.

Just wanted to hear some people’s opinions, I’m currently running the Xtreme ArmA Mod latest version 1.4, and find it excellent, but there are alot of bugs...however i can sort of tolerate this...

I’ve never tried the 6th sense ArmA mod but it seems to but updated quite regularly on the armaholic website so it must have alot of work put into it, I wanted to ask people who may have tried them both which are better...

For me "better" means extreme realism, and great sounds!

thumbs-up.gif

Just use both. That's what I do. Matter of fact, I use just about everything at various times. Regarding which is better on the extreme realism front, neither. They both have different aspects to like and dislike, but this is still a game so realism is kinda of a joke to me. The actual service was "real" enough for me. biggrin_o.gif

Bottom line, both are great fun. I love the work both the 6th crew and XAM have done. I refuse to play favorites. biggrin_o.gif

They are too different to be compared. But i have to say, the sound effects in xam really does wonders with the immersion

Creating your own soundPack is very easy, if you want I can give you pointers on how to work this out.

Here you can see an example of a Sound Replacement Config, where I replaced M4/M16 sounds with RobertHammer's Sounds:

http://www.pastebin.ca/893772

You could look at the FDF SoundMod config and use the skeleton of the config to configure your own sounds etc from other packs.

If you're completely new to editing I could write some guide and host it on the BIKI for you and others to use.

That would be fantastic, at the moment I’m still going with XAM until I can work out how to just acquire individual weapon sounds, thanks for your effort mate  tounge2.gif