Sign in to follow this  
Entelin

How long was 1.08 in beta for?

I wasn't around back when 1.08 came out. 1.08 isn't really playable on my system, 1.09 works well enough though. Obviously they havn't announced a release date or anything for 1.09, but I'd kinda like to know generally what to expect from everyones past experience with the process. It's good to see that BI doesn't just drop their games on the floor after release at least.

It's good to see that BI doesn't just drop their games on the floor after release at least.

Wow, good on you for having that opinion, because from the whiners on here I had assumed that we were all supposed to think BI is a a-hole of a company that's totally forgotten about us and is just trying to make more money with ArmA 2 (which they aren't thankfully).

But 1.09 at it's beta stage is looking great (only an idiot could say it hasn't improved much, like my clanmate who point in fact is an idiot) so I'm pretty sure we can expect the finished product to be excellent.

Maybe my memory fails me but I think 1.08 didn't have an open beta like 1.09 does.

But from previous open beta's and patches in general, BIS takes their time usually. Could be right around the corner, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The beta for 1.08 were called 1.07b and 1.07+b...there were two of them. The whole process took something like 2 Months...

I would assume thet the ArmA support teams has shrunk since then...so it will take definately longer....but this is still better than no support at all.

BIS are working on ArmA2 and Patches for ArmA1. But how many people really work on bugfixing - it's secret. Inside BIS doesn't show it either. Whats up with those blogs? I remember there was announced an interview with french woman and Placebo... whistle.gif

Well, I give them some slack with arma1 primarily because they had split with their publisher and needed a way to generate some income to continue developing arma2. Now... if after all this time arma2 comes out and it still has rather significant issues then I might form a different opinion. I expect however that arma1 has proved to be a good testing ground for them and that arma2 will for the most part be the game we have been waiting for.

and is just trying to make more money with ArmA 2 (which they aren't thankfully).

It is a commercial product mate.