Sign in to follow this  
sabre4809

Textures

Ok first my important specs:  

E6750 2.66

2g ram (667)

gf 8500gt 512mb

Problem:

Had arma for 2 months with 1.04 (not enough internet access for patches) and some small addons.  Played fine for me on all lowest or disabeld except blood(high) and shading, terrain on low(if flying changed objects to high to see buildings and terrain to lowest).  Had lowplants running.  Now got QG updated to 1.08 and now weird things happen.  After about 2-5 min textures disappear, wheels go sqaure, guns lose shape, crosshairs become opaque white squares, if in night vision it flashes.  When this is all happening if i press esc the recieving msg comes up and nothing else untill i use FlUSH which sorts it all out for another 2 min then repeats.  If i esc the game shortly before it gets too bad all the menu screens also lose textures like the icons or big pictures in the campaign menu. The loading screens are also just white.  Thanks in advance.

What OS are you using? Are you using the latest drivers from nvidia? If you aren't, I would start there.

have you tried the maxmem= commands in the shortcut?

if your using it, remove it. I have 2gb and using it just causes crashes and possibly lag.

however, if your not using it, I suggest you try maxmem=2048 in your Arma shortcut.

eg

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=2048

the command seems to behave differently for different configs/pcs, so while it makes mine crash, it may make yours work. ahhhh computers you gotta love 'em biggrin_o.gif

Ok ive found a fix and a weird one at that.  Was playing around with graphics settings and saw that now with 1.08 AF can be at max with no fps hit also turned up to high textures and 1-2 fps hit depending on whats on screen.  Played with that a bit and it was fixed. Even did my test of flying around whole island with CEX and the textures all came up fine.  Game crashed after about 3 hours of CEX.  Now that means my settings didnt save so later on i played again and the uglyness and flush fest was back banghead.gif .  Then reallised what mightve happend and changed the settings back and voula no more probs only nicer textures that never fail to come up yay.gif .  Now im not a computer wizz but shouldnt it be the other way around cus lower level of texture detail less MB and it fills the VRAM less or whateva.  OK its fixed thanks for the help though glad i got new drivers runs a bit quicker.

Ok ive found a fix and a weird one at that.  Was playing around with graphics settings and saw that now with 1.08 AF can be at max with no fps hit also turned up to high textures and 1-2 fps hit depending on whats on screen.  Played with that a bit and it was fixed. Even did my test of flying around whole island with CEX and the textures all came up fine.  Game crashed after about 3 hours of CEX.  Now that means my settings didnt save so later on i played again and the uglyness and flush fest was back banghead.gif .  Then reallised what mightve happend and changed the settings back and voula no more probs only nicer textures that never fail to come up yay.gif .  Now im not a computer wizz but shouldnt it be the other way around cus lower level of texture detail less MB and it fills the VRAM less or whateva.  OK its fixed thanks for the help though glad i got new drivers runs a bit quicker.

I hope its 1.09 your talking about, but good outcome all the same well done smile_o.gif

I have the same issue with my Arma my flush fest beggins.

This didn't happen untill a 2 months ago

I try this werid way to fix it to see if it works.

Edit : Chucked my textures up to normal and no missing texture issues

Cheers thumbs-up.gif it fixed it. What a werid issue its like Arma crying "give me better textures"