Sign in to follow this  
carlw

Suppressed m4 model

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the nothing @ Feb. 27 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you get those crosshairs?<span id='postcolor'>

they're in satchels "dynamic range" soundpack.

That crosshair is included in Satchel's sound-addon, called Dynamic Range

Edit: Damn you're fast PitViper :-)

Hey CarlW the only thing I would suggest doing with the Suppresed M4 is re-texture it because you can see the old muzzle break on the silencer.

nice! Just like the counterstrike M4 tounge.gif

yah if possible, retexture the silencer

Excuse me but that m4 is my model!

I made it a little while ago and there are some problems with it. It shoots 90 degrees to the right. That problem seems to come up when I export it from 3Ds MAX to .obj . It doesnt matter If I have changed anything on the model or not. If someone knows how to fix it I´m happy for any help.

Note: I have not made another texture due to the problems with the model in the game. I have a texture almost ready but I dont see any meaning with it if it doesnt work in OFP sad.gif

is it really silenced like the mp5 so enemy units cant hear it from a distance? or is it just a replacement with new sounds and silencer

As I said before, it shoots 90 degrees to the right so I dont really use it in OFP smile.gif

I believe you specify that its silenced in the config.cpp file.

erm...isn't it impossible to make models for OFP confused.gif

But if you are, by any chance, able to make new models, wouldn't it be cool to make a scope on it in addition to the silencer? smile.gif

The Sopmod M4 can have a 4x scope and a´lot of accessrories.

sopmodm4.jpg

For now, until Oxygen (BIS 3D modeling tool) is released we can only move the vertexes, thats the points that bind toghether the surfaces that the model consists of. I will release a couple of weapons later on and it will most certainly contain different versions of the M4 Sopmod. I also have some aircrafts to release later on but I wont tell what they are smile.gif You´ll have to wait and see.

omfg you know you kick ass that m4 with all those addons will be in ofp?!!?!? like a scope with silencer with nade launcher with lazer

Lansen:)) You said that this is your model!!!  wink.gif

In fact, and you know it, we can only reposition the vertices of an EXISTING model in OFP - so that is not your model tounge.gif

Oh, and who made the original M4 and the OBJ2P3D exporter you used for importing the model in OFP??? You dont mention that....  biggrin.gif

My M4A1+ACOG scope is ready but I dont know what I'm waiting:) And also the M4A1 silenced is ready.... I'll try to release 'em this weekend! Go to www.natosoldier.com to see what I'm talking about...and what I'm working on....

ScopeTex.jpg

FlipeR

well its not my model but I was hoping that you would know what I meant... I just got a bit confused when I saw apost with a screenshot that I have taken from my work.

Fliper - As I said before, My weapons I export shoots 90 degrees to the right.. .any clue why? It doesnt matter if I change anything on them.

AND A BIG THANX TO FLIPER FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT TOOL SO WE CAN MODIFY THE EXCISTING MODELS smile.gif

can i just ask which programs you people use to get these models done? i have 3 modellers currently working for my mod but none has the power to expoert it to obj!

We are currently in the making of a new weapon and we have around planes but i dont have a clue how we are supposed to export them til ox is out.

I use 3Ds MAX r4. There are plugins you need to export to .obj files. If you download Flipers tool for obj2p3d conversion you can find plugins with it. I dont know wich version they are for since they didnt work with my R4.

Since I use Max R3.1 I added the OBJ import/export plugins for it to the package:)

Lansen: I know about that problem...its because your P3D file lacks the last few bits! I dont know why this happens, but I had to repair all my P3D files manualy! It is not A-Lone-Wolf's exporter fault! Its the PBO extractor that causes those problems - cutting the last bits of the file when extracting it!

Shitt, huh?

It aint easy beeing a P3D MODer for OFP... wink.gif If there is someone that knows that, thats me!!

FlipeR

Thanks Fliper.

I began to think it was my exporter that I use in MAX that was the problem.

I dont really know how to "repair" the .pbo file like that, any clue on how I can learn?

When the files are extracted from the .pbo file, I decrypt the .p3d file with the .sqm decrypter. You think there can be a prob there? here´s my e-mail if you want to drop me a line smile.giflansen@telia.com

flipper i got a problem with your models by the way seems that with hardware T&L the mussle flash stays on at the gun

Another problem...

i hope you realize that you can only suppress the M4, not silence it like the mp5. A suppressed m4 has less recoil and can't be heard past about 100 yards, which ain't much when you think about it, but it's better than having the thing roaring away and pointing to your position like a neon sign.

You'd need a custom sound too - muffled but still a lot louder than the mp5.

I have realistic sounds and material enough to make a realistic sound suppression of the m4a1. As the image say, 30 dB reduction.

is this going to be released? if so, do you have an ETA?

Dont know when its going to be released yet but It will probably be as fast as I fix the problems with it