Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thsense.eu presents: "pack2"

I've Been using SIX_AIRange and Accuracy for a couple of days now and its working very well. Welll done again SB!

And thanks to DMarkwick as well for turning me on to the UPS & Suppression combo...they work very well together. I am also using Blanco's trenches for some static troops as well...quite a formidable opposition!

@Loyalguard:

Thanks mate. It's mostly RG's work from trueMods though. I have just thinned it down etc.

@Rebl Man:

Hell Yeah yay.gif

Is 2ndsupression included within this pack?

icehollow,

I'm not sure if that has been incorporated into "pack2" or not. Besides the tons o' tons o' tons o' other Mods/AddOns that I play with; I use both SB's "pack1" & "pack2" plus Mr_Centipede's .pbo version of 2ndSuppression script. All works together well.

Here's the link for 2ndSuppression .pbo by Mr_Centipede:

http://rapidshare.com/files/59870754/2nd_suppression.pbo.html

I hope this helps.

Now all..... goodnight.gif

EDIT:

Oh yeah...

Sickboy,

My apologizes for posting a link which isn't relevant to your topic

Wiki pages and Readme's are created for such information, mate.

@Manzilla; np smile_o.gif

Hi sickboy.

Although I agree that TrueRangeAI Beta v0.9 is a little too agressive, your settings in AI Accuracy are toned down too much.

I tried the following:

On Rahmadi I set two opposite squads on the airstrip facing each other. Distance 330m between the two squad leaders.

They simply don't react to each other. And I mean they should see each other without using the binocs. No fog, no objects in between, no view blocking topography, right on the airstrip.

I (as civilian) was standing between the two squads (not in the line of fire of course smile_o.gif) with a second civilian. I used him to measure the distance to the grunts.

Then I've begun with tweaking the values a little bit.

In particular with spotDistance and spotTime.

The funny fact is: I tried from 0.75 gradially to 0.99. Even with settings on spotDistance: 0.99 (TrueRangeAI is on 1) they still don't see each other! But when set on 1 like TrueRangeAI is, they will attack each other.

So it seems it is not possible to fine tune their spotting distance. Do you know what the last numbers in spotDistance and spotTime refer to? I mean what means the value 1? (the last of the four numbers.) Does it stand in a relation to meters and in spotTime to seconds?

EDIT:

Experienced even a more weird thing: I've set back the values in spotDistance and spotTime to 1 and the squads still don't attack each other. But they have done it before! So I'm really confused now.

icehollow,

I'm not sure if that has been incorporated into "pack2" or not. Besides the tons o' tons o' tons o' other Mods/AddOns that I play with; I use both SB's "pack1" & "pack2" plus Mr_Centipede's .pbo version of 2ndSuppression script. All works together well.

Here's the link for 2ndSuppression .pbo by Mr_Centipede:

http://rapidshare.com/files/59870754/2nd_suppression.pbo.html

I hope this helps.

Now all..... goodnight.gif

EDIT:

Oh yeah...

Sickboy,

My apologizes for posting a link which isn't relevant to your topic

Thanks for that mate,

Tried it out for my clan's mission, silly thing is, you can supress yourself. For example, we were doing break contract drills, and our SAW gunner was putting down fire past us while I moved back, and the supression level changed to heavily supressed. confused_o.gif

If the script doesn't have any affect on PLAYERs , then I'm not bothered. But just seems a little out of place at the moment.

Let's move the discussion about other content away to .... we have a winner ... the other content's thread smile_o.gif

@kroky;

I think it's better to just wait until the revised versions come out by RG, reading from their threads... they have done a complete rewrite and took different approaches, I think it's going to kick ass!!

I'm not sure if I was just imagining this, but I used the addon pack last night and it "seemed" that the mil-dots on the 50cal (M107?) performed differently than before using the addons.

I will try some other missions to see if this is really the case or not but thought I would toss this out there in case anyone else has noticed this.

croc4:

As far as I can tell this pack does not change ballistics nor reticlues.

Maybe the elevation difference is what caused the noticible difference? It has some major influence on range and bullet drop.

I know what your saying, I didn't see anything that should have changed this either, just expressing what I experienced when trying it out, maybe there is some interaction with my other mods..., I'm not sure, I'm going to try it again using a different mission and do another comparrision.

Say what you will about the aggressiveness of this mod, there's a decent way I found to script around it, and one can even get AI snipers to engage and kill men at several hundred yards (well outside the range of normal small arms fire). Just set a marker where you want the snipers "kill zone" to be, then have the sniper dowatch the marker position in combat mode "open fire" , setunitpos "down", and setbehaviour "combat". voila smile_o.gif

I suppose it still could be tweaked slightly, but I found it takes about 5 or 6 men with M107 Barretts to reliably take out an infantry platoon (with the snipers skills set closer to 95% and the targets being set more medium-high). 2-4 snipers can still wreak some havoc though.

I have a question about adding both 6th Pack 1 & 2 to a dedicated server. I know some of this stuff is client-side. So out of both packs, which files need to actually go on the server? Also, do the .hpp files need to go into the servers Dta folder? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sry for late response mate :-) My thread-subscription expired.

The .hpp files need to be in the dta folder on the server, but only the ones that correspond to installed addons

SIX_Misc must always be installed if you want to use the other addons.

The following items you need on the server for synchronization, aswell as for enabling the effects for the AI:

[*] SIX_Blood

[*] SIX_CRDS

The following items you need on the server for affecting AI:

[*] SIX_Repl_AIAccuracy

[*] SIX_Repl_AIRange

The tracers are fully clientSide. However if you want to override all client settings with yours, you must edit the missions and include the tracer's .hpp file in the description.ext from those missions.

I hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work, we are really enjoying the addons.