Sign in to follow this  
Halochief89

Slow graphic reloading

Alright I did the take 1 ram out thing and ArmA worked and I put every aspect that I know that would cause amazing graphix (I have a 8800GTX)to very high. But now the scenery is worse than OFP loading heres a Screenshot

that shows it. what is the problem? Also the receiving image when I change aspects is very long

if you turn round and use your sights to zoom in does it become clear?

looks similar to the problems i am getting with 1.09 re: lods, but far far worse even than I have seen thus far.

please can you post your specs and settings in full here so some idea of WHAT is causing this may be found?

I have

AMD Athlon(64) X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz

RAM 4000MB( Right now 3073mb) or 3 gigs

With a NVidia Geforce 8800GTX card

Alright further study I find out the longer the game is on or larger the number of AI or units on the map that is causes graphics to become less and less. It freezes sometimes but mostly crashes to the desktop. So I went to task manager and looked at processes and ZOMG!!! the original process is about 50,000-60,000 but everytime that I ctrl-alt delete it its around 300,000 and now after this IMAGE it was at 800,000! why is it doing that where the memory increases in a large rate!! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

all high except for a few that are very high. and Im using Vista home premium 32 bit system

i have the exact same problem ! possible memory leak?

pc specs

athlon 64 3200+

2gb ddr400 memory

8600gts 512mb ddr3

all high except for a few that are very high. and Im using Vista home premium 32 bit system

Vista is not even officially supported, dual boot and use Arma with XP?

Good as that PC sounds running all high/very high is pushing too far, try and turn down post processing and shadder detail.

I have the same problems in my multiplayer games. It seems like a lot of texture lag and gets worse the longer the game goes on. For instance, wheels on HUMVEEs will be square for a second or two before loading the proper texture. I have a high end computer (see sig) and a fast Internet connection and the game is newly installed on a defragmented Raptor hard drive. It's pretty annoying...

AA only ever seems to use about 700mb of RAM, I wish it would use more if it would get rid of this problem, if the two are related.