Sign in to follow this  
ricki

Rocko_ils

ROCKO_ILS

Enables ILS system for helicopters and aircrafts.

Utilises OFPEC ILS script.

- 100% OFPEC stuff

- Extended Init Eventhandler required (not included).

Check readme.txt for more information.

Fully signed.

Full credits to OFPEC for the original script.

Mirrors welcome.

How this works (

showing OFPEC ILS script)

Get the file here

Report bugs and whatever here.

regards

rocko

i have a little bug to report : it doesn't work confused_o.gif

using vanilla Arma + QG + no additional addons (only Solus init ext eventhandlers)

WHAT exactly does not work ?

Using same configuration as you and it works for fine me.

the ils doesn't appear in the HUD , not in av8 , not in a10 , not in blachhawk

k i see, if you set yourself in a airplane or chopper directly flying in the air in editor it wont work.

it has an eventhandler "get in" so only if an air vehicle is on the ground and you get in you have the action ILS in the action menu.

it was annoying to have the action called "ILS" even if you were standing outside the vehicle. so i decided to add the get in eventhandler.

sorry for that.

Armaholic.com mirror and news removed.

I guess nothing:

Quote[/b] ]

- 100% OFPEC stuff

Except this is an addon version. So instead of having to add this to the missions people will need an addon to use it.

Using the eventhandler it always adds itself if you enter a plane or chopper.

I guess he means that he only uses official BIS addons or that he only uses Addosn that BIS has in their addon news.

I love scripts as they don't require any addons downloads. Scripts are small and sweet compared to addons - 250megs for a new island is a lot for some users. So whenever making missions, I don't use addons. Also, they require the user to download addons from this and that website - making it harder to play missions, even more harder to use them online as ArmA doesn't have a neat addon download system which would be useless with 50meg addons wink_o.gif

Nothing personal, just my opinion about addons in general. Note that this is my opinion, not that of all OFPEC staffers. Some like addons I guess.

Some like addons I guess.

Really??? whistle.gif

BTW, here it is the working and addonless original version.

Not if you are already in the plane, and not if you get into the plane as cargo or gunner and then move to driver position.

Not if you are already in the plane, and not if you get into the plane as cargo or gunner and then move to driver position.

Indeed, thanks for correcting my post. smile_o.gif

It is a pity to see that you guys from OFPEC are so negative about this.

There are pros and cons for both solutions. Does it hurt to have both?

They didn't seem that negative to me. There's a very big argument for keeping missions, especially multiplayer, as addon free as possible.

Quote[/b] ]Ahh right. Addon.. blergh no addons for me unless BIS makes them public crazy_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]There's a very big argument for keeping missions, especially multiplayer, as addon free as possible.

posted in

Quote[/b] ]ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ] blergh no addons for me

Seen as your point of view is so fascinating and lyrically diverse. Could you please post your opinion on every other topic on the forum. I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say we await your richly verbose tapestry, on all things good, with eager anticipation.

Did someone declare a holy war, without telling the rest of us?

Out of curiosity...could there be any conflicts if someone had this addon installed and a mission maker included the script version of OFPEC ILS?

Ok, sticking to the topic. Being this addon composed by 99.99% work done by ofpec, we would have expected:

- Being contacted and asked for permission or even collaboration.

- Have this first in the OFPEC Addon betatesting board before releasing it as an stand alone complete addon. And, of course, that 99.99% of work ownership also would mean the resource is also owned by ofpec so in absolute no way it can be called Rocko_ils.

It is not that I'm against this addon, it is that I'm against the procedure to make it, to annouce it and to release it. And mostly because, as you can see here: OFPEC ILS, we asked kindly for no redistributions of the resource.

aha, so now OFPEC ILS is named "Instrumental Landing System v1.0 by Rocko" ... Ok guys, this is too much for me, I'm out.