Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Games are evil and dangerous!

Woman sues Nintendo for death of son

Associated Press

Published Feb 24, 2002

BATON ROUGE, LA. A Louisiana woman is suing Nintendo, alleging her 30-year-old son suffered seizures after playing video games for eight hours a day, six days a week.

The lawsuit filed in federal court says the man died last year after hitting his head and mouth on a table during one of the seizures. It claims the man never had seizures before buying a Nintendo-64 player in 1999.

His mother is seeking unspecified damages for her own medical and funeral expenses, for mental and emotional anguish, and for her son's lost future earnings.

A spokesman for Nintendo is declining comment on the lawsuit. In court records, the company denies any wrongdoing.

link: http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/1646478.html

---------------------------

wow.gif

why would anybody wana play games for 6 hours a day for almost every week? some parents just want somebody to blame for their failed responsibilities mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Feb. 25 2002,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why would anybody wana play games for 6 hours a day for almost every week? some parents just want somebody to blame for their failed responsibilities mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I play for about 12 hours a day on saturdays, OFP and other games, then I go out and drink the night.

I can see the woman win the case.  But come on, the son is 30 years old?  Still lives at home and plays N64 for 8 hours a day?  This guy deserves to die.

-=Die Alive=-

this is like getting hit by a car while jogging and sueing nike..

or better yet getting shot by a burgler and blaming guns.. oh wait.. some idiots actually do that...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is like getting hit by a car while jogging and sueing nike..<span id='postcolor'>

I think that the U.S. government should put more restrictions on Nike shoes, too many people every year die while using Nike products. If Nike products are harder to get, less people will become injured or die.

Maybe there should be a waiting period before getting the Nike product you pay for. How about a 1 Nike product purchase limit a month. Maybe the government should register all Nike shoes to prevent further catastrophes.

Sound familiar ??, lol

Tyler

I think me and you are very much on the same level on a certin hotley debated subject. smile.gif

I think foods with fat or cholesterol should be banned..  because obviousley they are the cause of lots of deaths from heart failure.. you cant really blame the people who sit there and chug wesson and gnaw down a bucket condensed lard.. its not their fault its the food's fault.. damn killed food! there should be a 5 day waiting peroid should a person want to eat some chicken from KFC../.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there should be a 5 day waiting peroid should a person want to eat some chicken from KFC.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes there should. It will give the fat person in question the time to consider if they should make themselves fatter or not.

In theory it works, but IRL, the fat dude would get desparate and end up eating something else.....what a good metaphor. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think me and you are very much on the same level on a certin hotley debated subject<span id='postcolor'>

Yes we are smile.gif

Tyler

yak yak yak...

There's Assault(CAN) with his pro gun sarcasm......

where's my XMS to blow him up?!? tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes there should. It will give the fat person in question the time to consider if they should make themselves fatter or not.

naa.. he'll just buy 2 buckets of chicken insted of one.. because hes been craving it for 5 long days

biggrin.gif

If you are having siezures when playing nintendo mabey, and i know this will sound CRAZY but mabey, just mabey, he should have STOPED!, now dont flame me, i know that was stupid but hey, im crazy. /sarcasm.

Thats like stabbing yourself, and then saying "hey im bleeding, im gunna keep doing this." And then suing the knife company.

How can somebody play that long with a stupid Ninendo??

I could understand if he had a PC, but a nintendo..

I play about 3-4 hours on friday, 8 hours on saturday and 5 hours on sunday smile.gif

And i love it.

A friend of mine was playing every day about 5 hours. Now he has restrictions as his parents find it childish to play games. Now he can also play only in the weekend. Poor bastard.

I try to PLAY at least 3 hours every weekday, and about 10 each day on the weekend. If i dont, the gaming gods get angry at me, and force me to do more work, if i play more, it seems that i get less work, and if i dont do something, fate (im sure its actually the gaming gods) seems to give me more time to do it so i can play more. I like system, it works for me.

I play computer games until my eyes trun red and bleed.

I heard another thing about consoles that can cause harm to people. Apparently children (or 30 year old men) that play too much with game pads that vibrate can injure their nerves in their hands and wrists. It's the same for construction workers that use jack hammers all day and carpenters that are using power tools frequently.

-=Die Alive=-

I don't have console and i don't need it. PC is the best and the only game i'm playing is OFP smile.gif

I hate consoles tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 26 2002,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I play computer games until my eyes trun red and bleed.

I heard another thing about consoles that can cause harm to people.  Apparently children (or 30 year old men) that play too much with game pads that vibrate can injure their nerves in their hands and wrists.  It's the same for construction workers that use jack hammers all day and carpenters that are using power tools frequently.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

That's why i don't like consoles and because i'm too old for them, thought. I'm 19 and i hate playing games like UT. Those games are stupid and they can cause harm to children. wink.gif

Damn, no one plays N64 it's sooooooooo 1999.

1999, wow that was long ago...  smile.gif

I think games are only really dangerous to those, to which everything can be dangerous, i.e. complete morons.

Like those that don't read, or ignore, the epilepsy warning in every game manual.

And how typical that the even more moronic mother now wants to sue the company. Damn infestations of the human genepool sad.gif

snap027.jpg