Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

A really hard question

So I am currently working on this huge coop mission. And It requires multiple squads. And I wa wondering, how do I make it so tat if there are, lets say, 4 playable squads, and there are only players in tow of them. How do I make it so that when those two squads of players are down, they can take over the other squads.

EDIT: I mainly want to make it so that instead of possessing a random AI, I take over some one in m group still, I don't go into another group UNTIL my entire group is dead. And is there any way for me to choose which group I go to next?

EDIT: Lsst Two Questions Answer, still need help on the first one.

side respawn

you will spawn as a available unit of your side (east, west)

problem is, it will be any ai of your side, so if there are other ai squads you wont spawn in, you cant use it. (f.e. static units on a island miles away that you needed for a intro)

autoreport and 3rd person view can be disabled in the game difficulty settings, commander view will still be available then

So, will I spawn in ANY empty AI? Or just AI units that I deem to be playable?

Is it possible to also disable 3rd person view?

Isn't it a server setting. Some servers disable it, some don't.

Yeah it is I noticed how to after he mentioned it.

Also, can anyone confirm the information on to how the spawn side works? Does it take over a Random AI, or AI that I have set as playable?

And can I make it to where it goes in order of groups?

every ai of side, random. as i said, guy on a far away island that was shown in intro aswell as the ai pilot that flew you to battle.

workaround is to delete any pure ai unit that isnt used anymore.

3rd person is in mp a server setting, true. there are was to force a difficulty setting to players.

Um, and also how do I make it respawn based on side? I am using hte BAS_F thing, and it lets me do Group, Bird, Respawn, and Base. Respawn is as yourself, and Base is with gear I believe at a marker of your choice.

In your description put:

Respawn = "GROUP"

you should only be able to take over Playable units after you die...when there are no more playable units left on the map then the mission will end...

Question. Can you force teamswitching via selectPlayer in mp? I *think* the answer is yes, but don't take my word for it. If you can, you should be able to use the onPlayerKilled.sqf to make your own custom respawn handler.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/selectPlayer

respawn=group isnt the solution for his problem, he wants to take over another squad after his own squad is history

respawn=side can do it, but as said before, it is random and can end with a player spawning in a unwanted ai unit.

colonelsanderslite could be right with his thoughts, havent tested it. other possibility would be a joingroup command when a squad lost to many man.

workaround for the respawn side issue could be that players groups get switched to resistance, so west ai dont attack and you make sure that every ai on side resistance is member of the 4 playble squads.