Sign in to follow this  
xpetit

Change the simulationmode in next patch?

Hi,

It's just a request to BIS for the next patch.

Could you allow us the possibility to change during a flight the simulation mode for an addON? It will be a great help for all who want create addOns around Scifi, Airwolf our a V22 Osprey......

Because for Airwolf, I have tried to do this in a script (helicopter when speed is under a number, an aircraft when speed is above) but without success.

So pleaseeeeee notworthy.gif

Xavier PETIT

Have you tried changing the object on fly? Create two objects, one helicopter and one airplane, then switch between them when needed?

It's not clear from your post if you already tried this. You tried some way but what way it was.

A request we have been wanting for a long time, doubt it will happen.If it were easily done it would have already.

If you could change the simulation mode (only really needed for a Osprey V22 type addon)

More important would be ablility to change other characteristics (top speed, damper, armor level etc...)

Then we could make addons that are adjustable and could change things on the fly.Would be valuable for a addons that you could customize on the spot (upgrade engine,shocks, add armor on the spot etc...)

A soldier could put on/off an armored vest for another example.

I have a hard time imagining why someone would want to take it off in the game.

To be able to move faster.

To be able to move faster.

Won't happen...since the whole equipment is a must to wear when in combat, you simply are not allowed to leave base without...its like beein forcet to wear protective googles and a helmet in a factory.

I always hates that stuff to wear when on guard duty...but the regulations simply demand it in all nato forces that I know.

Oh...and we better do not have high hopes for a patch, if we will see it anyway since there anre more than enough big issues unfixed.

I was actually thinking along the lines of purchase for upgrade.

Your also not always in combat in missions,after so many shots you would be due for a new one etc...

Upgrade to better quaility

Vest as apposed to full armor etc...

The game isn't all run and gun you know

What if you were poor country and killed a soldier you could take his vest

All ERAs of war didn't have mandatory armor

You gotta have some imagination

Ah, Ja

This feature is well known in any RPG game and similar games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Nice Feature, but not really a key element in tactical battlefield simulations where death is always imminent...what I mean... I dont want so simulate a lazy day in the barracks in ArmA... I had enought of them... do you...?

This feature is well known in any RPG game and similar games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Nice Feature, but not really a key element in tactical battlefield simulations where death is always imminent...what I mean... I dont want so simulate a lazy day in the barracks in ArmA... I had enought of them... do you...?

True, and as ArmA 2 is supposed to have (much?) more RPG elements in it, this "upgrading" yourself would make a nice addition, I'm pretty sure it won't happen in a patch for ArmA.

Right, the upgrading armor is only an example.

I was meaning to upgrading armopr to vehicles too

Changing vehicle simulations would be more important as to change flight characteristics (if hit,loaded etc..)

And along the lines of Street Legal (for those of you that remember) where you can upgrade your car.

And can be used in reverse for when you are damaged  or carrying a heavy load

Doubt it will happen, we been asking for it for years

Of course pertaining to V22 Osprey model in general to change from lift off to flight mode

BTW you guys have to remember that Arma is modable and not all scenarios is run and gun and todays army, not at all.

Not all missions are scripted and happen the same way

I am more interested in past wars also

I can hardly wait to play RPG in ArmA 2. Collecting enough gold to finally enchant my blessed +2 flak vest with the "of underwater breathing" attribute. Not to mention replacing the low level iron bullets of my epic G36 with depleted uranium pellets. Then to the trainer to get the valued "aimed shot" skill.

I can hardly wait to play RPG in ArmA 2. Collecting enough gold to finally enchant my blessed +2 flak vest with the "of underwater breathing" attribute. Not to mention replacing the low level iron bullets of my epic G36 with depleted uranium pellets. Then to the trainer to get the valued "aimed shot" skill.

Oh yeah...I want ArmA II to simulate the itching after a 72 hours exercise in the same pairs of boots and dress...and a -20 hit in charisma because of your smell.

You guys have some imagination for sure

Next thing you know someone will come up with something like CTF Camel Style even

I want Lightsabers and the option to use the force... and the choice to betray the light side und become the emperors apprentice.

Hehe... well if you want to accurately simulate the gear the Finnish Army had in Winter War... many soldiers brought their own rifles, and many didn't have any uniform given by the state. Situation improved but at first it was like that for many. The Soviets donated a lot of equipment though.

If you want to simulate that, then you need to be able to switch uniforms and, well, everything as you go in the battlefield.

Imagine it's -35 degrees Celcius and you only have like 2 layers of clothing. You will want to get more if you can get, even if from a fallen enemy  tounge2.gif

I hope that in the future you have to repeatedly tap the shift button to stay warm in the cold without a winter coat. Simulates shivering, rubbing your hands and stomping your legs.

Thats hilarious tounge2.gif

Maybe you went off duty, maybe you were captured by the enemy and they took it off for you. Or maybe to put on a ghuille suit (snipers don't wear body armor under ghuille do they?) Or maybe you were upgrading your gear.

There's plenty of reasons why this sim-type switching is useful. And what's disappointing is that you know this and yet you chose to be uncooperative anyway.

Lesson learned from Star Trek: Never take your shields down!

Quote[/b] ]Could you allow us the possibility to change during a flight the simulation mode for an addON? It will be a great help for all who want create addOns around Scifi, Airwolf our a V22 Osprey......

If you can imagine morphing from a high jumping stick insect into an arm wrestling octopus, then you might come close to what you want smile_o.gif As compelling as it is, to recreate some naff 80's tv series, you have to cut BIS some slack?

My goal is to obtain a chopper more manoeuvrable in hight speed and that go fast, over than 500Nd. Actually, choppers seem to not be able to go more fast as 500Nd. After that, it become unflyable (vibration)......It's just my dream.

just curious, but the osprey, shouldn't it be modeled in the same ways as the harrier? ( config wise )

the harrier is a hight speen fighter, but it's also capable of a hover ( well, sto atleast ) in arma

We'll never see a patch for this..."game"...

At present it looks exactly like that. At least not this year, and only if this patch is a low cost side effect of ArmA II development.