Sign in to follow this  
Pharnakes

New to FP

Hi everybody, just got OFP yesterday, and now I was wondering how alive this comunity is.

I hope there are still some people out there. huh.gif

Doh, I went looking for the wikipedia on how to use mod folders for the guy, now it appeares to have been wikked confused_o.gif

I need coffee, so someone else want to explain it for him?

I need coffee, so someone else want to explain it for him?

Sure,

here you go.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.p....ang=eng

Welcome to the OFP-Community. The few, the proud wink_o.gif

As always, I recommend playing through the 1985 campaign on your own first to learn some basic skills.

That done, obtain Teamspeak and browse the Clans/Communities who speak a language you are comfortable with. There you will find your future gamemates who keep it interesting in the long term.

Thanks everybody. thumbs-up.gif

That done, obtain Teamspeak and browse the Clans/Communities who speak a language you are comfortable with. There you will find your future gamemates who keep it interesting in the long term.

I wish... sad_o.gif

I really, really, wish.

However, my stupid uni's internet service won't allow me to connect anything "non-acedemic" to the internet. Which is fair enough in a way, but mad_o.gif

My only hope of ever being able to play mp, is if some kind sole is patient enough to do so with a lan emulator like hamachi.

Even then I would probably be restricted to co-op, due to hamachi's 16max memebers. Not that I really mind that, co-op would be great. So... I think it's sp for the forseable future... sad_o.gif

Hmm, this sucks a bit for you.

However, OFP is not that bad in singleplayer.

In fact, I waited 3 years before I joined my first multiplayer game, because there was so much to explore with all the addons and the editor.

(You do NOT know OFP until you killed a chicken with a drill.)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7073

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=1397

By the time it starts to bore you, maybe you will be able to afford a real internet connection.

However, OFP is not that bad in singleplayer.

You mean this game has a MP?!? yay.gif

j/k

But still hooked on SP myself.

Oddly enough, not many servers get listed on Xfire. The most I've seen is 7 confused_o.gif And none are in the U.S. sad_o.gif

Just a suggestion, but before you go downloading all these superb mods you should probably play OFP in its regular form (patched up of course). Then once you play it with all these mods you can appreciate how far the community has taken the game.

yeah definitely try the game Vanilla first then check out the mods. I purchased OFp back when it came out (paid like 50 dollars as well) and it was so horrible i told people i would never play it again. Then one day a friend had me try out some new mod (not even sure which one) and it was like a total different experience. Now I actually prefer my OFP over my ArmA. Mods like WGL, FFURSLX,FDF and Modern Combat have enchanced the game tremendously. And yes we are still out here playing on a regular basis.