Sign in to follow this  
seafire6

rescaling in o2

I've imported a model in 3ds format but its way too small in buldozer. Anyway to upscale the size of the whole model in O2? Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried selecting everything and then pressing the icon on the tool bar? There are two, and they both have a picture of a yellow box.

No I didn't try that but I will, Thanks. I believe each square represents a meter ? I recall seeing that somewhere but I'm not 100%

If you importing 3ds file from 3ds max ,

Theres option in O2 when u importing 3ds file ,

1:1000 is default , u must set it to 1:10 and u will got same size like in 3ds max wink_o.gif

i also had 1:50 and 1:100 from 3ds max to o2, think it depends on the source model.

to resize: ctrl-a to select all

and then press strg and shift and use your mouse. to rescale it while buttons pressed.

Hi! I'm tryng to resize a unit created by the BisModels doin' it a little more lower than normal. After selected all I resize Y axis to 0.9. Then I fix the position to the land level.

But when I import the model in game it has distorted arms and hands.

Is there a way to do correctly a rescalin' of models?

Thanks

If you want to resize units you have to concider their skeletons too. In this case if you want to resize you have to do it equally on Z,Y,X dimensions, otherwise you end up very bad results, even this is not quaranteed to work.

now then resizing of units IS a possibility BUT:

you have not only to scale the unit but also scale all the rtm anims you want to use.to do this try this (haven't tried it myself yet but am going to have a crack some time)

1.find a nice scale resize for the base units.

2.collect all the anims you wish to use

3.rescale all anim frames the same scale

4.write your own configmoves.hpp

5.apply said config includes in the models config.cpp

in theory it should work,but more likely youll think you in the movie The Thing or something along with all the spidery mutants you created.