Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Very buggy sprint (fast forward) transition...

I was a bit skeptical until I actually watched the new videos. The new speeds are fast, but not impossible, especially compared to other games. It might look silly watching a large group of AI walking and running at fast speed, but for fast PvP combat it should be fine... I prefer the normal speeds, as they seem more realistic to me, but to each their own.

(aside: I wonder if going prone will be less useful since everyone's movement speeds are so much faster... hmm..)

I hope you can get back the feeling of OFP gameplay so those thousand current OFP player could turn to ArmA. BIS should make their games more easier modyfied gameplay options like animation speed.

So.

Almost done. pistols.gif

If you are interested to beta it, please pm me.

Keep it mind that you may NOT use this on public servers.

Issues to fix / improve:

~ Use the sprint animations (rtm) for the run configs

Right now it still looks kinda funny.

~ Slow down left forward / right forward compared to straight forward.

Running sideways (cross) should be slower than straight forward.

ArmA feels now super fluent. Almost too fluent.

In my view one only needs to become accustomed to non buggy

animations again. biggrin_o.gif

I did it! Turns out that this is easy to fix, all that was missing were some interpolations between the sprint anim and the static anim. I've done the rifle anims so far, still have to do the pistol and civilian anims. This eliminates the jerky movement and uncontrolled over-run.

release coming soon after I do some multiplayer testing

I did it! Turns out that this is easy to fix, all that was missing was some interpolations between the sprint anim and the static anim.

Are you saying you fixed the broken transitions without having to eliminate the walk funcionality?!?  If so, then congrats!

Thanks to all who have contributed to the effort by characterizing the problem and all it's permutations, and to all who have attempted to fix it.  Indeed, this was a big issue! notworthy.gif

edit: understand it's a work in progress... can't wait for the final result!

Love ya Sakura-chan biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

Excellent stuff dude ~-=!=-~

well I did more work on it, and I smoothed out all the transitions between running and sprinting, so I feel that the player can now move freely without jerky or unexpected movement. I still have to do the pistol and civilian anims. I'll work on this today, it is a long standing bug and I'll fix it as quickly as I can. pistols.gif

I do have to say on this - The broken amin transitions are my #1 most hated bug in all of ArmA!!!  Glad to see this one is in the process of getting squashed for once and all!

(ok, actually it's tied with the god-awful mouse auto center while driving... can you fix that one too Sakura-chan? tounge2.gif )

so once again our day is saved, thanks to the powerrrr----*cough* no sorry---- Sakura-chan!!! notworthy.gif

you have became the next OFP/ARMA mom!!!!! notworthy.gif

Wow.. I can't wait for this fix to be released. I would also like to see fixed transitions such as these included in our 1.09 patch. A bugfix like this shouldn't just end up being a "clientside only" cheat when used on public servers.. it should be an integral part of everyone's game. </rant>.

true. Bis could easily apply my changes to an official Arma patch. For now though I will include the signed keys with it so admins can disallow it if they want. P.S. - when unarmed, you can now sprint left or right instead of just forward! I'm just finishing the civ anims (unarmed) and cleaning up some code. I will binerize it, sign it and release it. I've used it in multiplayer without any problems. I will use forum feedback to find any bugs or missing transitions. So far I can't find any though.

*edit* Its ready to go! Check the A&D Complete forum soon!

The workaround is released in the PROPER MOD thread.

It feels very fluent and it is very enjoyable to play. yay.gif

It makes AI more dynamic too. wink_o.gif

Now you can whine about the strange look. biggrin_o.gif