Sign in to follow this  
Jesper Sorensen

INSTALLATIONSOROBLEMS WITH THE JUNGLEMOD

help.gif  help.gif

HELP HELP

I cant get the junglemod to work. I have installed the hawk_jf_v2_3 file and the JF mission pack. When I try to start a mission I get tle message "missing hav-jungle-fever"

But they are in my OFPdirectory. I have a file called @JF contaning addons,bin,dta. The installationnote says just start the game with the modparameter @JF

WHAT THE H...... am i doing wrong banghead.gif i WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE ANY SUGGESTION bEST REGARDS notworthy.gif

Hi  smile_o.gif

First of all use the Jungle Fever thread for the questions about Jungle Fever otherwise moderators will start screaming at ya. See the thread currently on page 2 here:

Click here

Second of all, don't use capitals in your topic title. Again Moderators hate that to.  wink_o.gif

Third of all. Here's what you do. Put the entire @JF folder into your main OFP directory. On my HD that is in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

Now put the missions from the JF missions pack in your main OFP single player missions folder and Multi player missions folder (depending on what missions they are). So don't put them within the @JF folder!

Next create a shortcut from the icon with which you normally start up OFP. Then open up the properties of that new made icon and write the following down in that target field:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE"  -mod=@JF

Note: The above text is on my own icon. The important thing for you is the -mod=@JF part.

Then fire it up and try it.

That should work properly then. If not please oh please use the Jungle Fever thread for your questions  biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

Xâ„¢

notworthy.gif Dear Warrior X - thanks a lot

I hereby solemly promise:

1) that I will always use "the Jungle Fever thread" in regard to this mod

2) I will never use capital letters in topics titles ever again

You refer to your OFPversion as FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -my version is FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE - shall I use an earlier version of OFP?huh.gif?

Warm Regards

Jesper whistle.gif

smile_o.gif

I'd suggest you to stay with your current version of Resistance.

As long as you follow Warrior's advice about the

shortcut,it should be fine.

At some point of OFP existence, before the final patch 1.96 was released, BIS released a beta version of the 1.96 patch , that was the FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE

Then once BIS/Codemasters ended OFP support the final version of the 1.96 patch was released, and i remember clearly having read it in the forum : the executable that came with the official final patch was in fact the exact same FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE executable, but it was just renamed FlashpointResistance.exe

So don't worry, you can stay with the version you have because FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE and FlashpointResistance.exe are both the same executable, only with a different name

Hi Again Warrior

Your suggestion worked well, but in my case I had to add the

parameter "-NOMAP" to the ICON. So my icon look like this

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"  -mod=@JF -nomap

Without the -nomap I would constantly get the stupid errormessage"Cannot create 3Ddevice" notworthy.gif

Another thing Warrior

The mod is Awesome - I think I over the years have tried the majority of quality Namstuff - but this is almost frigthening. I dont understand how these guys could cope with it.

I wouldnt last one day in the jungle on one of these specialmissions.

So much praise for your work I enjoy it:D

By the way Is a columnformation the best when trying to advance unseen in the junglevegetation?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif???

huh.gif

By the way Is a columnformation the best when trying to advance unseen in the junglevegetation?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif???

huh.gif

My experience is that a column formation is pretty good if you don't want your entire team exposed to enemy fire and killed quick. As if you run into a contact head on only the first guy or two will get it. This also applies to the fact if number 1 steps on a mine or triggers a tripwire  wink_o.gif  But as a leader your best position within a column formation is about 1/3 from the front man down the squad. I usually walk as 3rd or 4th in the squad as leader. But well if it's open ground ya gotta cross, then my experience is that a staggered column and my squad set to combat works best. But that's my own prefered formation. Every situation has it's own solution right  tounge2.gif

Oh and good it all works now. Enjoy the 'Nam  crazy_o.gif

Sorry, only now noticed this topic. icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad you go the mod working, I hope to see you join on us on the coops sometime along the road. smile_o.gif Glad you like the mod!

Sorry, only now noticed this topic. icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad you go the mod working, I hope to see you join on us on the coops sometime along the road. smile_o.gif Glad you like the mod!

Hi Hawkins I doesnt only like the mod - I do sincerely think it is the best quality Nammod until now. I am looking forward to see your future work. notworthy.gif

But I need, need, need to se the continuation of the Mau Lat mission pistols.gif

I would love to join you in a Coops sometime - but you probably think I am a dinosaur - I HAVE NEVER TRIED it before. What do one have to do to participate huh.gif?huh.gif? huh.gif

Head over to this page: http://armed-assault.net/hawknam/?s=Server

Download the addons located there, and join the server. smile_o.gif That's all that is needed. We usually play around 2000 Zulu time, but I suggest you check the HawkNam forums, and the HawkNam Coop Server board. We always post there before we start a game, so people can join. smile_o.gif