Sign in to follow this  
JBâ„¢

BISoldier Model Tutorial

Just to keep you all updated on this,

I am waiting for a PM from Synide to give me permission to use one of his MLOD`s as a base model for a new tutorial.

I know a few have already said to me "why get permission from Synide as they are not his models in the first place?" but, I would like to include a download link to the base model (as Synides are pretty hard for everyone to get hold of due to his bandwith being used and links not up 24/7) so I think it fair to ask his permission first before I use It.

I could just re-do the old tutorial but I think Synides MLODS are a better base than the BISoldier model.

Hopefully he will say yes so I can get cracking smile_o.gif

I know a few have already said to me "why get permission from Synide as they are not his models in the first place?" but, I would like to include a download link to the base model (as Synides are pretty hard for everyone to get hold of due to his bandwith being used and links not up 24/7) so I think it fair to ask his permission first before I use It.

They are just called Synide's MLOD's as he created the converter which did the conversion. The MLODs arent more to his than any ODOL Explorer created is mine.

You dont need to ask any permissions.

Point taken Snake man, I just thought it better to ask than to not. We have all seen what chaos can be caused by the community just going out and using what we want no matter what its origin.

Common sense told me that the models were no more synides than they were mine, but asking didnt hurt smile_o.gif

either way it matters not, Sy gave me the nod anyway.

I shall crack on with the tutorial based on the p3dms that sy provided to the community.

Thanks all for you help with this. All those little pieces of information came in very handy. (and sorry to RavenDK - I dragged you away too often when you were supposed to be concentrating on a new job)

I will release the new tutorial on my website, I will also include a downloadable .pdf, A final standalone working model will also be available for those who cant be arsed to read the tutorial but want to play mix-and-match with the units biggrin_o.gif

Thanks to all who contributed to this and helped.

I now have the new tutorial up explaining how to get the wounds working.

You can read it HERE

I tried out your tutorial JB. After about six hours (three of which were spent on the actual tutorial) I've gotten to this point:

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/8pR35142.jpg

It quite simple really - thanks for a great tutorial mate.

However, I am still a complete noob when it comes to modding, so there are a few problems. For instance, is it possible to add sveral models into one config - 50 mb seems a bit much for one guy.

Also, when I try the mass texture and material thing on any of Synides MLODs it only lists one texture (edinys.paa), so I've not been able to reproduce the tutorial on anything but the MLOD you provided.

But anyway, thanks again for a well written and easy to follow tutorial, good work.

Ah, alright - that would explain it. I got the pack from your forums snake. So I have to duck 'n weave and hope to hit Synide's FTP at the right time then? wink_o.gif

The MLODs repack I did is quite old by now, the edinsys version. Much have changed since then and I just recently added couple of building Ruins for destroyed buildings project (Linker Split was asking abot them), but thats it on my part.

Hmm without derailing this topic further on the details, hmm perhaps we can arrange something, a new repack etc, to get things updated again. If you dont hear anything from me soon, hustle me with PM.

Yeah that might be a good plan. I found the FTP (not as easy as one might think) and got a few goodies from in there. My what wonderful stuff...

The question still stands as to how one would have more than one model in a PBO, config-wise. The closest I've gotten resulted in a working guy (the first one in the config) and then a half-buried dude (who inherited from the first guy). Usually it just tells me that the member is already defined, though. It might be basic stuff, but configs and I really do not agree. wink_o.gif

Bells 'n Whistles:

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?file=/imagesfree/62199255.jpg

Alright, after 12 hours of looking at the damn config I found out that the name of the model has to be bisoldier for some reason. I then created subfolders for each model and called them all "bisoldier". It seems to work, and the dudes are bledding and all.

wallyf6.th.jpg

Alright, after 12 hours of looking at the damn config I found out that the name of the model has to be bisoldier for some reason. I then created subfolders for each model and called them all "bisoldier". It seems to work, and the dudes are bledding and all.

wallyf6.th.jpg

Wow - could you release that mate? They would make great enemies in game!

Wow - could you release that mate? They would make great enemies in game!

Look at the date it was posted :P

don't think those units exist anymore.