Sign in to follow this  
I)eaI)Eye1809

Kind of like the matrix?

i think soldiers should not beable to just get in a helicopter as a pilot or a tank driver gunner commander i mean a soldier with just traing for combat fly helicopters operate tanks? a bit unrealstic i think anyone should beable to use like the gun on the m113 the 50 cal and the gun on the blackhawk mg and the mark 2 pbr also the big ass chinnok and crew should stick with driveing tanks/apcs and pilots should stick to fly and gunning aircraft well thats what i think

I don't think that would be so handy.....when youre on a mission where you really need a heli or a tank and a pilot dies, you cant't go on.

I think this is the best thing of the game.

Well, its up to the player himself on what he´s skilled on. If you play ofp every day, you can propably operate all vehicles rather well, but not everyone can... I have seen nonskilled players crash helicopters and planes sooo many times wink.gif Also, it might be good to "specialize" yourself into something, ie. I can say that im a rahter good helicopter/plane pilot, also a decent soldier, but put me into a tank and the results will not be very good smile.gif I can drive and fire them though but not as well as some people who like doing it as much as I like flying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 24 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think soldiers should not beable to just get in a helicopter as a pilot or a tank driver gunner commander i mean a soldier with just traing for combat fly helicopters operate tanks? a bit unrealstic i think anyone should beable to use like the gun on the m113 the 50 cal and the gun on the blackhawk mg and the mark 2 pbr also the big ass chinnok and crew should stick with driveing tanks/apcs and pilots should stick to fly and gunning aircraft well thats what i think<span id='postcolor'>

I agree...I think it would be great if there were an option in the settings so that a normal soldier couldn’t fly helicopters or operate tanks and the pilot cant operate tanks and so on. This would make the game more realistic.

well, IMHO that is just a silly option to have. There would be no game then. Sometimes the word realism or realistic sure can be stretched out of proportion.

I myself would rather have had a combat sim where I wasn`t forced to play a piloting mission to advance in the game, but BIS made the game to offer a certain experience. And they did a great job of it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shataan @ Feb. 24 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, IMHO that is just a silly option to have. There would be no game then. Sometimes the word realism or realistic sure can be stretched out of proportion.

I myself would rather have had a combat sim where I wasn`t forced to play a piloting mission to advance in the game, but BIS made the game to offer a certain experience. And they did a great job of it.<span id='postcolor'>

Sure there would be a game...in the original campaign you play different people so it would not be a problem.

If it was an option you could choose to play as it is now…or if you want more realism like me play so that a pilot is a pilot and not a tanker and so on…

Talking about realism has anyone seen a T80 tank upside down? I made a mass tank battle with T80s and M1A1s and during the fight I saw one of my T80s had flipped onto its top. It was not destroyed either and I was so amused by it I just had to take a screenshot of it smile.gif a T80 tank, in formation... upside down... and you guys are talking about soldiers that shouldn't be able to drive tanks and fly choppers? HAHAHA biggrin.gif I like the pyhics of this game!!!

Yeah...I guess you are right smile.gif

If I had do pick one thing to be fixed I rather have better physics then not having soldiers driving tanks...

hey hardliner can you post a pic.

I dont think that the ability to get in any vehicle is unrealistic becuase it takes practise for anybody to lean to fly in this game, it took me about a week to perfect the A10.

All you have to do is lock vehicles in the editor if youre making a mission and voila!

If you dont like missions with multiple vehicles available just DONT PLAY THEM!

IMO the issues some people raise as being unrealistic seem to miss a very important point - it's a game !!!!

How realistic is it that:

1/ you never need to eat or shit.

2/ you die and you can play again.

3/ you don't have to pay taxes.

4/ you can run all day and never get thirsty or collaspe.

5/ there are no animals insects or woman in OFP.

6/ you never actually get wet when you go for a swim.

&...............

Come on be realistic this game emulates a load of features that you might find in the real world but it is still only a game for you to have fun.

By the way I've never fired an M16 - maybe I shouldn't be allowed to do that in the game. Hey but I got a PPL so I'm OK for the Cesenna.

smile.gif

I TOTALLY agree with you UFO HK, I mean now peopl are SO realisitic driven they want everything perfect even if it's not a fun feature.

I mean, jeez not allowing chopper pilots to pilot a tank because of training and specialties?

Give me a break. You took the words right out of my mouth, UFO, I was gonna say the same sarcarstic thing about not needing to eat and use the bathroom.

Infact I don't even want them to add wind to make gun shots innacurate. That would just make it to complicated and non-straight forward.

The game is realistic the way it is. if you people want extreme realism, go and join the army.

Then you can eat real army MRE's and use real army toilets and not fly choppers if you are not a trained pilot, and swat annoying flies with your hand, and blow your nose and all sorts of realistic stuff.

then whats the point of pilots and crew members? and your wrong there is that one girl in the game that gets shot so tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 25 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I TOTALLY agree with you UFO HK, I mean now peopl are SO realisitic driven they want everything perfect even if it's not a fun feature.

I mean, jeez not allowing chopper pilots to pilot a tank because of training and specialties?

Give me a break.    You took the words right out of my mouth, UFO, I was gonna say the same sarcarstic thing about not needing to eat and use the bathroom.

Infact I don't even want them to add wind to make gun shots innacurate.  That would just make it to complicated and non-straight forward.

The game is realistic the way it is.  if you people want extreme realism, go and join the army.

Then you can eat real army MRE's and use real army toilets and not fly choppers if you are not a trained pilot, and swat annoying flies with your hand, and blow your nose and all sorts of realistic stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

Well I just guess we have different opinions... I like simulators like Steel Beast for instance…that game is VERY realistic yet is REALLY fun. You can have a realistic AND fun games.

I bought OFP because I think its the closest thing to a soldier sim out there…it would not destroy the game to have some player restrictions…I think it would be fun. Comparing that to not having to eat and  use the bathroom is just BS… that would not add anything but letting normal soldiers not be able to fly away in an helicopter would.

BTW…I would love if they added wind to make gun shots inaccurate… smile.gif

What's the point to add wind to make your shots innacurate??

I mean it's not like real life where you can really "judge" by "feel" to determine how much to compensate for the wind.

And having a chart or something to determine the windage would be ridiculous.

Also if they added wind, the AI would either be severely disadvantaged or advantaged. They either would never be able to hit their targets or they would be programed to compensate for it and then would do so automatically while we are left trying to use our "judgement". It woulnt be even. And why would you even want to have to deal with the wind anyways?

I certainly wouln't want wind blowing all my rounds places I don't want them to.

ok ok  smile.gif ...wind is not the first thing I would like to add to make the game more realistic.

The most important things I would like BIS to improve is the game physics and the damage models.

I don't need wind to knock my shots off target my tank driver does that! I shoot and the tank moves at the same time in another driection taking my aim off target, its pretty hard to aim right. I prefer to be the tank commander because the AI gunner hits better than me. Maybe having a better CPU would help to due to framerate. Also theres my high pitched american voice to listen to biggrin.gif

The picture I will share shortly smile.gif

With all this talk of wind, theres another piece of realism missing - you can't fart! well you can but it has only impact in a LAN MP session.

"......your wrong there is that one girl....."

I said "woman"

"…it would not destroy the game to have some player restrictions…"

That is "BS" as it would so, these features are provided by lockable vehicles, limited ammo carrying, slower running up hill and host of other emulations in the game. Also any Rules Of Enchangement players wish to agree to can cover this, theres no specific need for this in the game options.

Did you put your hand up and say " no manual firing" when BI re-anabled it?

"....not....use the bathroom is just BS… "

Ummm did you complete the "status Quo" mission ?

Jezzz what a damn good game.

biggrin.gif

well I might as well joinv the bandwagon,  OFP is so unrealistic.....You cant go in the middle of a wood, drop your pants and have a shit, or something else.............begins with m or w or j

ALso there are no flies, insects, sharks etc....

Oh and my feet dont get wet when I go in the water.

WHen I die I cant feel any pain and I personaly font bleed, is this normal for this game?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Feb. 24 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think soldiers should not beable to just get in a helicopter as a pilot or a tank driver gunner commander i mean a soldier with just traing for combat fly helicopters operate tanks? a bit unrealstic i think anyone should beable to use like the gun on the m113 the 50 cal and the gun on the blackhawk mg and the mark 2 pbr also the big ass chinnok and crew should stick with driveing tanks/apcs and pilots should stick to fly and gunning aircraft well thats what i think<span id='postcolor'>

That would be a stupid thing to do. Very very stupid. Just don't use those vehicles if you're a soldier or something else.

I would like to see the correct ID for people and the ability to sleep, eat and if you have a mission where you have to drive then you must have the correct lisence.

Arnt rally games unrealistic, you cant even stall the cars and drive into the crowd and run them over

Well you are entitled to have your opinion.. I have my own. I like simulator games and I really would like a real soldier sim, but as I said OFP and GR is the closest you get to a soldier sim. One of the thing that people who prefer GR(and think its more realistic) to OFP always point out is that in OFP you as a normal soldier can sneak into an enemy base and steal a Hind and fly off… and I agree with them…its NOT very realistic.

But as I said before there are things that are more important that I would like to be fixed…physics and damage models..  

I guess that there will never be a real soldier sim because it would not sell as good as a soldier “game†like OFP.

We obviously want different thing…

BTW…Yes I have completed  the “Status Quo" mission …I don’t really understand what you mean..Did I miss something? smile.gif

"Well you are entitled to have your opinion.. I have my own."

No debate - it be boring if we were all the same, in fact thats why I'm here to hears others view - but not necessary to agree with.

"....would not sell as good as a soldier “game†like OFP..."

Exactly the main reason we're playing OFP is it "sells".

"We obviously want different thing…"

Yes and no...... sure I want as much realism as possible (expect smell), but if I was limited to playing specific roles the game would not have as much appeal for me.

"“Status Quo" mission ......Did I miss something?"

Maybe - walk into the pub and what does the cut screen show another guy doing?

wink.gif

well i know that really aint that big of a deal i wont careless if they do it i just think it would be a bit cooler that way cus like if your on a mission then the pilot gets killed you have to think of another plan for escaping... or try this make it so if a soldier gets in a heli or tank he has a harder time controling it than a pilot/crew how does that sound?