Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Wave2lip seems not to work with windows XP

Hello everybody.

I don't know if I post this in the right section, But I can't get wave2lip to work in Windows XP. Gotta whole lotta bunch of missions to complete and I need this desperately. banghead.gif

Any ideas are more than welcome.

thanks to whoever replies.

regards

nettrucker icon_rolleyes.gif

Try placing the program in C:/Temp and then drag+droping the files into it there. That's what I had to do.

works fine for me in XP? Has done for about 5 years.. Can you explain what happens, or probably more accurately, what doesn't?

Jason's suggestion would also be a wise start to investigate

Well I really don't know what happened. Last time I used wave2lip when I was working with my buddy on our OFP campaign and I had Windows Millenium as OS running. I have XP home edition now. Well when I downloaded Wave2lip some years ago there were just an application and the read me. I placed wave2lip on the DT dragged the mono wavefile into the programm and nothing happened it should create the lipfile in the folder with all my wave files, but no file found. so I used the search function to see if the programm put it somewhere else. Nothing. I tried and placed it in C/Windows/Temp and made a new attempt. Nothing happens. Thanks Jason for the tip but it won't work.

And thanks to all of you for your quick replies. I'll try downloading it now once again and check if my wave2lip.exe might be corrupt don't know what else to do.

nettrucker banghead.gif

for me it only worked placing it in the root directory of C: , nowhere else

Wave2lip has problems accepting files with spaces in the path or filename, or with long paths. We have an updated version in works, meanwhile be sure to use it on files placed in a simple locations only, e.g. on a drive root.

Oh thanks to all of you for your help. my files have no spaces they are mono wave files. Well I try it now and place it in C. if that won't work I'll try download it once again and do some experimenting as in the last days.

thanks for all your suggestions and moreover for your swift replies.

regards

nettrucker biggrin_o.gif  banghead.gif

p.s. I'm never using audio names with spaces or other stuff. If you declare them with spaces in the description.ext and then you try running the mission. OFP crashed immediatly to desktop I don't know ArmA but I guess it'll be the same. Therefore  not only wave2lip is allergic to audiofiles with spaces in the name. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: I downloaded it again and place the exe directly in C: Tried again . . . no luck. Need to find a work around. I'm due to release my first mission named Dogtags for ArmA it's still in the beta testing phase at OFPEC. Well than I have to wait with the final release until BIS releases a new tool, because I don't know what else to do.  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

If you can't get the program to work on your PC, then use someone else's PC.

You can send the audio files to a friend, and they can send you the lip files.

Hello Maddmatt biggrin_o.gif

Yeah you're suggestion until yesterday seemed to be my last resource, but I'm a lucky boy BIS just released a package with all editing tools bunched up together, here's the link to it in case somebody else might encounter the same probs I did. Inside the package is a sound tool which is supposed to create lip files.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

cheers

nettrucker

Me neither!

Baddo of OFPEC had the courtesy to post me this link.

cheers Maddmatt

Stay tuned

nettrucker rofl.gif

Hi

I got it to work now. I didn't had the wav in the root directory where WaveToLip was placed. It needs to be in the same directory otherwise the drag and drop won't work. I didn't know that before, now some of you might say well yeah that goes without saying. I dragged it from a folder on the exe. and nothing happened. Then I just copied the wav in the root directory and dragged and dropped and it worked. I tried for 2 days everything but it never passed my mind that this was the reason why it didn't work. I post this anyway in case somebody else encounters the same probs.

Thanks to everybody who replied and gave me some advice.

Stay tuned everybody pistols.gif

nettrucker biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif