Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

Scripts, How do you use them?

Hi all, ive got a quick question, How do you use scripts?

To alot of you this may seem extreamly 'Noobish' or 'idiotic', but i genuinly have no idea.

The ArmA community has come up with many great scripts that i would like to use but i have no idea!

Please Help!

Cas

You will need to do some reading. There is a lot of material published which will be enough to get you started at least.

Start from

http://www.ofpec.com/

and

http://community.bistudio.com/

and read all scripting related material smile_o.gif

OFPEC has a lot of information, you can read the tutorials which were written for Operation Flashpoint and gain a lot of knowledge which is valid for Armed Assault too. So don't overlook those.

I second that thanks. smile_o.gif

And no, it isn't "noobish" to ask. I never got a chance to play games like OFP so all this stuff is extremely new and confusing to me too, mate. So you're not alone. wink_o.gif

a simpler way to say it is.

1. You download the script and there should be an "SQF file" in it. You place that sqf file into your missions folder, wich should be located in My Documents/ ArmA other Profiles/ username/ MP missions.

then, you find the code or whatever it is, and you usually put it into the initialization field of a unit.

then bamm! it should work.

hope this helps! crazy_o.gif

ok yeh thanks kerry, thats the kind of thing i needed, i basic advice, see i had apsalutly no idea about scripts or anything, i didnt know where to put them or anything, so thanks!

its okay.

but in the future, dont post in the Addon/ Mod duscssion, post in the Mission editing section of the forums!

Anyway, glad to help! smile_o.gif

have any more basic questions just PM me! ill try n help. wink_o.gif

ok i wasnt sure where to post it because i see some scripts being posted in here and stuff, but thanks anyway! biggrin_o.gif