Sign in to follow this  
Maxx2206

will we get a no-cd update patch some day?

hi,

im just wondering if we will ever see an arma patch which gets rid of the disk-check some day like bis did for older OFP released back in the good old days.

i understand that "checking" games that come with plain install keys is a must for a certain time but people nowadays get used to titles where this isnt necessary anymore - be it because of unique ids, internet activated accounts or similar mechanisms.

as a veteran ofp player (bought the first copy right on the release day, bought all the addons individually and got me another GOTY edition just in case i want to play here in the home lan) i vividly remember when the first patch has been released which didnt require the original disk anymore - that was a very welcome patch.

i love arma, but seriously, i wished it would have a different player-id mechanism which wouldnt require the disk anymore (including your need to write disk check routines, update the copyprotection with every other update and so on) and instead would give you more time closing all the many "security holes" which make arma a real playground for all kinds of cheaters these days.

In fact, everybody who buys arma use it to play mp, sp is simply unplayable (sorry bis), so i think could be a great idea to have a no-cd patch, also arma2 is in development so "soon"arma will be "forgiven" by bis (logical idea, they have to put all their resources focused on arma2), so a nocd patch will not be a big loss in terms of sales

In fact, everybody who buys arma use it to play mp, sp is simply unplayable (sorry bis)

O rly?

You don´t happen to know alot of ArmA players as it seems ... heck there are even people who don´t play at all but just mod crazy_o.gif

heck there are even people who don´t play at all but just mod crazy_o.gif

Hehe! That's been me for the last 4 weeks.

In fact, everybody who buys arma use it to play mp, sp is simply unplayable (sorry bis)

O rly?

You don´t happen to know alot of ArmA players as it seems ... heck there are even people who don´t play at all but just mod crazy_o.gif

i was talking about offical campaign and missions tounge2.gif

anyway....

In fact, most of the people who buys arma use it to play mp, sp is simply unplayable (sorry bis)

better? whistle.gifwink_o.gif

It would indeed be nice to have an official patch to remove the need for a DVD.

near products final patch you will see this implemented just like OFP 1.96 was the final but during the beta stages of 1.96 the cd was no longer required to play

Quote[/b] ]In fact, most of the people who buys arma use it to play mp, sp is simply unplayable (sorry bis)

better?

I must have gotten something wrong then. I only play it SP and never for a single moment played it online.

Still most of the times I spend editing and playtesting, but both for SP.

I guess there will be a No-DVD option in a patch oneday but not now.

I've asked this before and was kindly told not to speak of no-dvd cracks, so let's drop it and wait for it to be official.

The question posed is on an upgrade that adds a no-cd feature, not a no-cd crack.

If I recall correctly, some dev said some while ago something along the lines of that they wanted to remove cd-protection, but decision possibly have something to do with the publisher(s). But there's hope.

anywho....

/signed

We can hope it will happen in the not _too_ distant future - DVDs seem to degrade far faster than CDs, and I don't intend to keep on buying new copies ad-infinitum.

Historical correction: OFP was CD-check free from version 1.92 onwards.

Hopefully ArmA won't make us wait quite so long..

It will probably happen when/if they get permission from all the publishers. Or you could have purchased the Sprocket/Morphicon online version if you are so desperate not to use the DVD tounge2.gif

It will probably happen when/if they get permission from all the publishers. Or you could have purchased the Sprocket/Morphicon online version if you are so desperate not to use the DVD tounge2.gif

Probably near the end of ArmA's life and when BI (almost) stops supporting it, just like with OFP.

thats what youy get for not buying a dig dl copy of it tounge2.gif

(although, i got both verisons, and just uses the 505 dvd atm )