Sign in to follow this  
dren

2nd Marine Expeditionary Force

What do you mean by that?

like ammo or?

I think (read: assume) he means that will the units be re-modelled instead of just re-textures in v1.2?

Sorry guys, im not the right man for that job wink_o.gif

They are still just re-textured. no new models, sorry

well that cool just hope that the addon makers or the people that reskin just try to make the units more combat equipted wink_o.gif Its just that the Defult units armor vest are so thin and small not that much bulk to them

Hi, now is the Engineer who don't show head wounds; the new vest

and the Protec helmets look good, much more to me than before;

the vest still have a weird or not very well matching part in the

shoulders, and the UV mapping show the Eliminator III M.O.L.L.E.

straps that that kind of vest don't have; but still look good.

The Protec... i think that's too dark. But again everything works

without problems or weird things. Let's C ya

anyone else having problems with head injuries?

as i tested them all before posting...

Well as far as i know, theres nothing i can do for UV.

(or dont know it yet)

For replacement, well waiting still answer wink_o.gif

For Desert, i will do it.

But not this week huh.gif

And those are paa files also?

....ooor?

Im pretty new with editing, so i would happily learn new things to please you and make this pack even greater

Replacement pack coming up, yellowmans hails william1 notworthy.gif

Hi, i forget it yesterday... the officer's 8 pikes cap USMC simbol

should be black, not golden. Let's C ya

And those are paa files also?

....ooor?

Im pretty new with editing, so i would happily learn new things to please you and make this pack even greater

Replacement pack coming up, yellowmans hails william1 notworthy.gif

Yes as CameronMcDonald says, normal map files are the _nohq files. Editing them would allow you to created small "3D" effects without using O2 (like adding or erasing molle strips, pockets, helmet straps, etc...). In mathematics a "normal" is a line perpendicular to a surface. Normal map textures use a color code to create the illusion of 3D.

For more information about the theory behind normal mapping check these links:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Normal_Maps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping

There is an nVidia plug in for Photoshop which would allow you to create instant normal map texture:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

Unfortunately there are no plugins for Paint Shop Pro sad_o.gif

Pls note however that for an unknown reason, custom normal mapping is not working (or partially working) on some BIS models. For example it works perfectly on the Us Sniper model but only "part time" on the US soldier model (sometime the custom normal map appears, but some other times the game engine uses the default normal map textures, which can result in weird looking effects).

Quote[/b] ]Pls note however that for an unknown reason, custom normal mapping is not working (or partialy working) on some BIS models. For exemple it works perfectly on the Us Sniper model but only "part time" on the US soldier model (sometime the custom normal map appears, but some other times the game engine uses the default normal map textures, which can result in weird looking effects).

That is why custom .RVMAT files are required. If custom .RVMAT files have been applied, and default normal maps are still being used, it denotes a hex editing error or some other kind of problem. I've managed to get custom maps working on all of the US models.

Thanks vm for the info smile_o.gif

Are the .RVMAT files editable like the regular .paa files ?

Thanks Plasman, seemly (what iv seen you are the guru of information). ill start looking into it and try to figure it out.

Just still have some problems HEX editing the p3d files as the paths are there, but ill look into it.

Just to make sure to myself, molle is the so called "vest"?

Ill relese the 1.3 when iv got enough to release (like desert camo)

Thanks Plasman, seemly (what iv seen you are the guru of information). ill start looking into it and try to figure it out.

Just still have some problems HEX editing the p3d files as the paths are there, but ill look into it.

Just to make sure to myself, molle is the so called "vest"?

Ill relese the 1.3 when iv got enough to release (like desert camo)

MOLLE stands for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

See this link for details:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IAV/is_3_90/ai_82009539

Quote[/b] ]Are the .RVMAT files editable like the regular .paa files ?

.RVMAT files are actually text files, like small configs - you open them with notepad. They tell the model where to look for their a) normal map and b) light map textures for the corresponding colour texture and how to apply them. My advice would be to look at a model with only one colour texture, one normal map and one light map (which ends with _smdi) like a weapon (such as Skaven's, which are very well done) and go from there.

However, normal map (_nohq) and light map (_smdi) textures are editable with Photoshop, etc - just don't forget to change the alpha channel as well!

.RVMAT files are actually text files, like small configs - you open them with notepad. They tell the model where to look for their a) normal map and b) light map textures for the corresponding colour texture and how to apply them. My advice would be to look at a model with only one colour texture, one normal map and one light map (which ends with _smdi) like a weapon (such as Skaven's, which are very well done) and go from there.

However, normal map (_nohq) and light map (_smdi) textures are editable with Photoshop, etc - just don't forget to change the alpha channel as well!

Sweet.

I was banghead.gif for weeks about these normal map problems now I've the solution.

Thanks again for your help notworthy.gif

Thanks to William1 Replacement pack on first page!

All hail william1!

Updated to v2.0.

includes Desert now, check first post!

xmas_o.gif

Sweet.

I was banghead.gif for weeks about these normal map problems now I've the solution.

Thanks again for your help notworthy.gif

Just wanted to add that there is a tool that can edit RVMAT files, it installs with the BIS tools. Called "Material Editor".

Maddmatt thanks for headsup, but now back to this one.

please no more OT