Sign in to follow this  
favre

Dedicated server, enemy AI soldiers don't see

Hi,

I'm running a Linux dedicated server and noticed something weird: enemy AI foot soldiers don't see me (the player) even when I'm near them and shooting at them.

UAZ gunners and tanks have no problem, they see and kill me alright.

What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don't worry, I've been on several servers where i can walk around like a king in front of enemy and they simply ignore me. Even can walk up to them, shake their hands and then execute them without them moving.

Annoying?

Yes....

Don't worry, I've been on several servers where i can walk around like a king in front of enemy and they simply ignore me. Even can walk up to them, shake their hands and then execute them without them moving.

Annoying?

Yes....

It's kind of hard not to worry smile_o.gif

BTW, I searched for other Linux servers and they don't seem to have the problem.

What's more strange is that they actually get triggered and run to your location, when you start shooting. They even lie down when you shoot at them...

But once they get close to you (or you close to them) they just run around without seeing you.

I also noticed, that they like to aim far above then they lie down. As though they're trying to shoot at an aircraft. I guess this has something to do with the problem.

Yeah. We are using the Linux version also and have that problem too. AI soldiers are blind.

Yeah. We are using the Linux version also and have that problem too. AI soldiers are blind.

Oh, please tell me, is yours a 64-bit Linux? Mine is Debian Etch 64 amd64.

Since I'm not alone, it might even qualify for a bug report.

Another interesting observation: friendly AI soldiers can see hostile AI's with no problem.

I modified my "player/player.armaprofile" and now AI seems to be at least somewhat more hostile against me and not letting players to get too close before shooting them down.

Look from your servers armaprofile -> "class Difficulties" and be sure your AI difficulties are set there...

Look from your servers armaprofile -> "class Difficulties" and be sure your AI difficulties are set there...

No, that didn't do the trick for me.

What values do you have for precision and skill?

I wonder if the bug is due to 64 bit Linux.

What version do you run, can you check?

Let's try to narrow it down so we can submit a bug report (if it's a bug, of course).

same thing happened to me on Windows Server on a Coop map i was wondering why enemy not shooting at me so i did a test i ran full speed to enemy lines/camp they all ignored me then i started killing a few to see if they would eventully kill me not the case crazy_o.gif

is this bug listed in Bug tracker at all ?

I run my server on 32bit Debian Etch.

skillFriendly=0.950000;

skillEnemy=0.950000;

precisionFriendly=0.650000;

precisionEnemy=0.650000;

We noticed the same problem on our debian etch 32 bit linux server. So I think it's not a processor problem.

We noticed the same problem on our debian etch 32 bit linux server. So I think it's not a processor problem.

Time to file a bug report, I guess smile_o.gif

Could this be due to busy server?

I have 2 GHz Athlon 64 (single core), 1 gig of RAM.

There are some other services running on that server as well, but they are not CPU hungry.

What's your hardware, guys?

What's more strange is that they actually get triggered and run to your location, when you start shooting. They even lie down when you shoot at them...

But once they get close to you (or you close to them) they just run around without seeing you.

I also noticed, that they like to aim far above then they lie down. As though they're trying to shoot at an aircraft. I guess this has something to do with the problem.

I have tried and reproduced the BUG immediately on our testing Linux server. (I will look at it.)

I have tried and reproduced the BUG immediately on our testing Linux server. (I will look at it.)

Wow, BIS rocks.

It's a great feeling to be talking to the developers of a world-class game who take bug reports directly from their users! inlove.gif

Hopefully fixed.

New Linux beta deployed.

404.gif The reported BUG can be no longer found on this (Linux) server.

Hopefully fixed.

New Linux beta deployed.

404.gif The reported BUG can be no longer found on this (Linux) server.

Great, thanks a bunch! smile_o.gif

funny you mention that...cause i have completely the opposite...

On the stock map "seize the base" the bots are ultra aggressive on the server and the minute you start firing at them from distance..they come charging at you...in millions...they basically overun the base...

People that have played this mission they have found the AI on regular far easier...

I have defined difficulty="regular" in armaprofile and defined both profiles, and also i have defined in server.cfg, difficult=1 for the specific mission...

yet the bots look very aggressive....

could it be something to do with the server?

at the bottom of this link are all the settings for my server..

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1545

i have defined in server.cfg, difficult=1 for the specific mission...

difficult=1 is the highest setting make it 0.5 for medium.

was under the impression that 1 is for cadet and 0 is for veteran...?? crazy_o.gif

Pretty sure that's what it says on the BIS document...

i had that problem only when activating XAM and when i captured an officer on EVO map.

=- @ Oct. 01 2007,17:47)]i had that problem only when activating XAM and when i captured an officer on EVO map.

What is XAM?