Sign in to follow this  
Pointman1967

Cheat free server

Because of the fact that cheaters fuck up our game i decided to create a passworded arma server.

[MIT]Cheat Free.

Persons who play here are screened and should be trusted.

In that way we can play without the scum who fuck up the game.

Clans who have access at the moment are DKP BEF FUSION MIT TAO

If you think you should have access mail me at puntman@gmail.com.

Why cant someone find a answer to the T*C Cheat....

Regards

[MIT]PoinTMaN

If wanted there are methods out there to require users to log into a website to validate them to the server. I have not completed it 100% but it does exist if anyone might be interested at some point.

How would you do that??

What about a system where... there is a server that generates a random password every half hour. Dedicated servers connect to it and change their password to it every half hour. Players connect to it, log in with an account and are told the password for that half hour. When they log in their dynamic IP is recorded.

If a server has cheating happen... a list of people on at the time it happened... is recorded somewhere. Umm... it's a matter of limiting who can get the globally changing password or having a voucher system or something.

So, how can the dedicated servers change their password every half hour?

What other ideas do you guys have?

Doolittle

How would you do that??

What about a system where... there is a server that generates a random password every half hour. Dedicated servers connect to it and change their password to it every half hour. Players connect to it, log in with an account and are told the password for that half hour. When they log in their dynamic IP is recorded.

If a server has cheating happen... a list of people on at the time it happened... is recorded somewhere. Umm... it's a matter of limiting who can get the globally changing password or having a voucher system or something.

Doolittle

I can change the user and admin password every second on the dedicated server if wanted. smile_o.gif I started writing a utility to admin the server a while ago. This way we can update our servers without shutting them down. It maps out the memory to a degree and changes values the server uses. The new powerpanel will have this option for use. You can use a plugin to change it or just telnet into the server and change the password.

As for the website, i use the firewall setup with the website. Pretty much since the firewall blocks all traffic by default all it does is add a rule to the server allowing traffic to flow. The connection is good until the player drops from the server. Once they logout they have to re-log into the website (within 4 hours). It uses their IP and an account with the CD locked into it. I did it as i have been working on building a MMO style game with Arma that uses several servers.

i feel sorry for everyone with bad math skills smile_o.gif

Lol rofl.gif I beat those in a few mins.

but lets face it: the cheaters are humans too (yes really!wink_o.gif so everything you try to not let them ACCES a server is useless. They can act like a holy kid and get in, cause havoc and move on to the next server.

A better solution would be making sure cheating isnt POSSIBLE (addon signing tools are just released).

IMO BIS should be more on this subject and help the server admins advising what is the best setup.

But why do I care, Berzerk and Evolution is the only stuff played, and I hate both wink_o.gif

Sig tools will not stop them ya know? It might fix stupid people from updating that mod but other wise it does not help. The exe is modified.

Wallhacks and stuff arent the biggest problems right? Its the scrip injection that causes the frustration

Yup! I don't care if they can see me through a wall at the moment. It's the bombs all over the island and console locking that annoy me. Stuff that takes away from my game experience.

Just send them a script that causes arma to eat all the cpu time. Like endless loops that spawn a endless loop. That should help.

I cant twpe anymer! My fingers are not working. Guh, im loosing it.

How would you do that??

Doolittle

Perfect idea. Follow up on this!