Sign in to follow this  
USMC NEEDER

USMC 2003 style

Hey Everybody,

A little about these units and what your about to download, we were looking at these photos of the USMC (United States Marine Corps) and they looked like they would go well on Sahrani so we decided to make them and now here they are for the community to use. We've been working on these for about 2 months now, it took us a long time on the textures but thanks to BOSS we pulled it off.

Pictures - (Added new pictures) 9/13/07 (If anyone can take some action pictures and send them to me that would be great.)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4492/arma2007090620253912kz7.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6820/arma2007090620254656dl2.jpg

---------------------

Download link(s) More links ARE appreciated!

RapidShare.com LINK

Armedassault.Info LINK

Armaholic.com Link

Combat-Prison.net LINK

-------------------------

Updates - Update 9/13/07 - V 1.1 - Switched sides of the patches, darkend the sniper hat.

Replacement Packs - William1's Replacement Pack

Credit's -

G_H_PLAY_AKA_BOSS - Did all of the texture work.

BIS - For the game and models.

Arma Fan Sites - Being there and hosting the file.

William1 - Replacement Pack

---------------------------

Have fun,

NEEDER & BOSS biggrin_o.gif

man i dont want to sound negative but the pics are so small i cant see almost whats in them crazy_o.gif plz can you make a bit more bigger pictures?

man i dont want to sound negative but the pics are so small i cant see almost whats in them crazy_o.gif plz can you make a bit more bigger pictures?

Yeah i just fixed them, sorry about that and thanks for the Comments guys. biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

NEEDER

Wow these look excellent. Great job guys.

I just wish there was someone/a few people in the community find it in their hearts and schedule to start making replacement files for all the units that have been released in the past few months. I'd like to use these in the missions I'm playing as well. I like to switch up what units I use a lot.

Sorry, for going off topic. Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated

Thats damn near the best woodland bdu texture ive seen. The ugly ACU really clashes thou (not ugly cause of ur work just cause its an ugly camo :P). I get the effect your going for though. Which is that marines had a mix of camos during the transition period and still do, but should the helmet be marpat then?

Wow these look excellent. Great job guys.

I just wish there was someone/a few people in the community find it in their hearts and schedule to start making replacement files for all the units that have been released in the past few months. I'd like to use these in the missions I'm playing as well. I like to switch up what units I use a lot.

Sorry, for going off topic. Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated

Thats damn near the best woodland bdu texture ive seen. The ugly ACU really clashes thou (not ugly cause of ur work just cause its an ugly camo :P). I get the effect your going for though. Which is that marines had a mix of camos during the transition period and still do, but should the helmet be marpat then?

Hey guys,

@Manzilla: I'm going to ask around to see if someone is up to making a replacement pack for the units.

@Manberries: Yes, the Desert marpat is fairly lighter than usual but, we will do something about that in the next update. Stay tuned.

Regards,

NEEDER

Hi buddy looking good ,just to let you guys know we got most of the ideas from this site .

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....Marines

And yes if you look here you will see all the differant kinds of camo mixes that they have and use.

Check this pic out.

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....1

The pictures of the Marines with mixed camo are from early in OIF like 2003.

I don't think they mixed with ACU. They did mix BDU with desert Marpat though.

You might notice that those are not BDUS in those photos...they are Chem/Bio suits (check Zipper at colar and smootehr finish of the material...Our suits were not yet made in the new camo in 2003 (or now for that matter)...Early in OIF you couldn't be without one (Note all have Gas mask bags at the side...Some could even be seen in 2003 in a borrowed DPM Chem Suit (For some reason the Brits had lots to spare and you can see that even in the first gulf war too). Usually the combos I have seen where the regular uniform is concerned is the new Uni marpat with an old woodland or 3 color desert helmet cover. They never make enough damn helmet covers. the Soamli debacle is also testament to this as the 6 color helmet cover was mixed with the 3 color uniform. Just thought I would elaberate.

Lamar

ADDED two more links, thanks to armedassualt.info and armaholic.com! We will be darkening the helmets soon,

Regards,

NEEDER smile_o.gif

Doesn't the US Flag on the right sleeve need to be reversed? (the whole thing about it being unfurled the wrong way and it making the unit look like its retreating etc).

Doesn't the US Flag on the right sleeve need to be reversed? (the whole thing about it being unfurled the wrong way and it making the unit look like its retreating etc).

Sorry buddy as being british i dont know much about that ,but if you can help me with some pis on this i would be well greaful.

Just thought it looked right lol.HELP

old glory always flys facing forward, i.e. imagine that the soldier is a flag pole, and the us flag on his arm is flying from him - if he runs forward, the stars side of the flag remains tethered to the pole.

as jackal said, otherwise its a sign of retreat or something along those lines:

us_soldier_for_all.jpg

old glory always flys facing forward, i.e. imagine that the soldier is a flag pole, and the us flag on his arm is flying from him - if he runs forward, the stars side of the flag remains tethered to the pole.

as jackal said, otherwise its a sign of retreat or something along those lines:

Cheers buddy your a star,& on the next up date i will change that,& sorry guys well spoted & thanks, oops lol.

Ps Messiah i love your weapons, they truly rock & to my mined the best thing since sliced bread.

Ok i have change the bades around to being the right way plus have also darkened the sniper hat quiet a bit.

Have pmed needer with the update so you should get the new DL link soon.

Here's a pic.

untitled-1.jpg

Just a bit of heads-up.  Marines do not wear anything on their sleeves (no flags).  The picture of the soldier with the cloth rank of Sgt. on the helmet is a U.S. soldier (looks a bit photoshopped too).  Plus, somebody already mentioned that the pictures from militaryphotos.net are from the beginning of the Iraq war when everybody was wearing chemical suits.  At that time, the U.S. military was worried that Saddam would use chemical weapons.  

I would go with a mix of 3 color desert and desert Marpat.  Hey...even put in some Marines with MOPP gear on (chemical suits). Like in the photos you posted.

Semper Fi!

GD Mast

Just a bit of heads-up. Marines do not wear anything on their sleeves (no flags). The picture of the soldier with the cloth rank of Sgt. on the helmet is a U.S. soldier (looks a bit photoshopped too). Plus, somebody already mentioned that the pictures from militaryphotos.net are from the beginning of the Iraq war when everybody was wearing chemical suits. At that time, the U.S. military was worried that Saddam would use chemical weapons.

I would go with a mix of 3 color desert and desert Marpat. Hey...even put in some Marines with MOPP gear on (chemical suits). Like in the photos you posted.

Semper Fi!

GD Mast

Firstly a little bit photoshoppy well i am afraid thats the tools of the triad.

secondly you give a far comment, but we meaning needer & BOSS like that mix as it is, as thats why we made them in the first place, & if you prefer the camo mix that you mentioned above well thats fine too.

I would suggest though that you make your own usmc marine to more to your liking & taste.Which is also ok & fine by us.

Thirdly lets all vote lol on weather or not to keep the u.s.a. flag on the the arms, as i dont realy mind either way,& ill add up the yeses & no's at the end of this week & then we will make our decision, thank you guys

Yours BOSS.....:)

I was just giving some input about the work.  Didn't mean to anger anyone, I hope.  I'm a former Marine here, so I gave some input.  

The part that looks photoshopped is the sleeve starting with the "Doing The Work of" and the 3 country flags.  

No worries here, you guys can do what you want with your mod.  Good luck!  smile_o.gif

GD Mast