Sign in to follow this  
shiner

Disable Target HUD

Does the game support disabling the target HUD in vehicles? I was trying to use HUD=0; in Vet mode, but that doesn't disable the green and red squares in the TOP HUD when in a chopper. Any ideas?

I would also love to get rid of all these arcardish displays in vehicles but I think it is not possible...

Same as in OFP

I would also love to get rid of all these arcardish displays in vehicles but I think it is not possible...

Same as in OFP

not so sure they are that arcadish...at least not in an aircraft...they could be done a bit better though...resempling a radar....

Guest RKSL-Rock

There is not "switch" int he seetings. its part of the aircraft's config.

Change:

laserScanner = true;

To

laserScanner = false;

In the config and you lose the radar.

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to stay away from addons until we have a streaming solution like ArmAwatch available, but for now I have scripted a TitleRsc that puts a black box over the laserScanner for those vehicles that use it. It isn't the "prettiest" thing, but it is effective.

bringing up this topic again as i think that the HUD along with the magic friend-foe ID targeting system are the major culprits preventing immersion and realism when driving tanks and aircraft in PvP missions...

not being very familiar with scripting in arma i wonder if its possible to disable the HUD altogether through a server side script/mod? and if so, are there any servers out there using it?

afaik disabling the HUD through a client mod is possible (see Modern Warfare config mod v0.152_C).

Well... did anybody played FFUR 2007 mod for OFP? As far as I remember that the "radar" was moved to the bottom part of the sreen smile_o.gif It could be done with ArmA too, I hope, so it'll look less arcadish (resized size, smaller "Radar FOV" etc.)