Sign in to follow this  
sprayer_faust

How to stop animation at anytime?

Is there a way to stop an animation in the middle?

Here's the situation:

It is a stealth-saboteur kind of mission.

Two enemy soldiers are talking using this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">talkt=1;

while {talkt==1} do {

talkie1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking";

sleep 10;

talkie2 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking";

}

To make it short. When you shoot at those two talkies they are like: "Let me finish the conversation.... I will die after."

I would just want to know if there is a way to cut this anim in the middle:

-and make a death anim afterwards (in case of being shot)

-when you are too close (a trigger with radius) - detected by them

-when any other soldier detects you (detected by <side>), so the talkies don't look like fools... talking after somebody has spotted an enemy.

I was searching the forum and can't find the solution. Hope it exists. Maybe there's a way around it.

I would guess that switchmove does it, you just have to find an animation you want them to switch to.

Try this: talkie1 switchmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";

Thanks. I tried that, but it still doesn't work. I did something like this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">talkie1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking"; // if i put switchmove here it doesn't play the animation - tried that

//then a radio controled triger for testing with:

talkie1 switchmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon";

But after the second line is executed the soldier stops for 0.1 of a second and continues the conversation animation. During it he is still invincible.

Try

unit playMove "";

or

unit switchmove "";

I don't know if it works, you try what it does, if anything smile_o.gif basically the idea is to give the game a non-existing animation to play. I recall in OFP it worked, although this memory comes from a long time ago.

Is there a way to stop an animation in the middle?

Here's the situation:

It is a stealth-saboteur kind of mission.

Two enemy soldiers are talking using this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">talkt=1;

while {talkt==1} do {

talkie1 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking";

sleep 10;

talkie2 playmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking";

}

To make it short. When you shoot at those two talkies they are like: "Let me finish the conversation.... I will die after."

I would just want to know if there is a way to cut this anim in the middle:

-and make a death anim afterwards (in case of being shot)

-when you are too close (a trigger with radius) - detected by them

-when any other soldier detects you (detected by <side>), so the talkies don't look like fools... talking after somebody has spotted an enemy.

I was searching the forum and can't find the solution. Hope it exists. Maybe there's a way around it.

I use

Quote[/b] ]player switchmove ",";

Use that right after a time command in a script (~1 or ~0.216 etc) and you can kill any animation exactly where you want.

I used it in my Saving Private Ryan video to kill the anim to make it look like the soldiers were pointing. Not the greatest, but did the job.

smile_o.gif