Sign in to follow this  
walker

CEX video new functions

Quote[/b] ]For one, am I to assume that all intel is shared? i.e. what an SL sees is what the "Armchair general" sees?

Intel is not shared, but gathered at the basic ArmA group level, and then passed on and aggregated to the upper levels, i.e. a platoon leader sees what his squad leaders see, a company leader sees what his platoon leaders see, etc. Each unit at every level thus keeps its own intel picture. Intel is currently not passed from top down, which would be realistic. The info in this direction needs to be filtered, though, to avoid info overload of lower level units (a squad leader does not need to know about units from the other side of the island).

Quote[/b] ]Secondly, how does this affect the players in the lower level? I see alot of eye-candy for the high-level leaders, but does this mean that the players are directed in such a fashion that mimics real life orders? or is it the built-in waypoint system (which in veteran mode is pretty useless)?

MP functionality (i.e. player<->player communication) is still somewhat basic, and is being worked upon, but in general every leader within a CEX hierarchy has access to the CEX interface. A squad leader can only see his own squad, and commands from superiors will be displayed within the interface via waypoints as well as through radio chat messages. CEX does not use the built-in ArmA waypoint system, primarily because I wanted more flexibility and CEX also deals with 'virtual' units like platoons, companies etc. Besides, I always found the waypoint system a bit hard to understand smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Now the important question... is the public beta release close?

By Friday the latest...as mentioned above wink_o.gif

Jesus are you kidding me? The only sentence I skipped over it that post was the one that answered my question. rofl.gif

Go figure. Sorry about that. God friday can't come quick enough. And it just happens, that's the first day I've ever taken off from work. The friday before labor day is "quite" day for the markets, so what the hell, I deserve it for once. You guys are really expanding the functionality of ArmA and for that I(and the community I imagine) thanks you profusely.

Quote[/b] ]will this be followed up by the Arma version of CoC Arty 1.1

:-)

I will forward this to the responsible officer tounge2.gif

Hi all

Things have to happen in a particlar order, Artillery requires other products to be in play and tested first as it depends on at least 3 other products and one of those depends on two products. So there will be at least Four other products released before artillery if you get my drift.

By the way I have been playing the latest private beta with an All Arms Battle Group vs. an Over Strength Battalion with air support in SP. It was originaly a load test but I am now load testing with 2 battalions so I think I will release the battlegroup mission as a CEX mission for the beta test.

I hope to make a Mutiplayer coop version of the Battle Group to do some multiplayer load testing. Then a PVP Load test with the two Battalions.

I have family medical situation at the moment so it may be little spare on the Briefing etc. but I will do my best.

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for the update. I hope everything will be alright in regards to the family. If it helps any, I wont mind if there isn't even a briefing at this point. If it's easier for you and others don't bother with the briefing for the first beta release. No need to worry about it at this point, take the time to focus on the family. In my opinion, everyone will be so excited to test CEX that we won't even notice the lack of briefing in a mission. I'm sure we can figure it out.

Once again, I hope all will be alright with the family. Take care

Thanks for the update. I hope everything will be alright in regards to the family. If it helps any, I wont mind if there isn't even a briefing at this point. If it's easier for you and others don't bother with the briefing for the first beta release. No need to worry about it at this point, take the time to focus on the family. In my opinion, everyone will be so excited to test CEX that we won't even notice the lack of briefing in a mission. I'm sure we can figure it out.

Once again, I hope all will be alright with the family. Take care

+1

Yeah don't worry about briefing- the plot of COC is "The Command".

Best wishes to your family situation

Two full battalions(???) that would be something like 1000-2000 soldiers! Does it run smooth and what kind of machine do you need to simulate such a battle?

In OFP battles with 2-5 companies taking part where the maximum for a reasonable performance.

Anyway what you've shown so far of CEX looks great. The finished product would probably be my all-time-favourite game. If not for Armed Assault alone I'm seriously considering to buy a new PC to play CEX.

Spinor, what you said about bottom-up information sharing sounds really great.

This will be like Combat Mission combined with Ofp smile_o.gif

The public betatest release will be on THIS friday, today so to speak? I am going to start refresh-mokeying the CoC downloads page immediately biggrin_o.gif

This will be like Combat Mission combined with Ofp smile_o.gif

O lord let it be like this please