Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Light Infantry 2.1

Hi all this is along time coming, these have been sitting on my hard drive for ages, finally got round to finishing them off.

Nogovan Light Infantry 2.2 And Weapon Pack 1.1

nli_release2_1.jpg

Readme Quotes

Quote[/b] ]

Nogovan Light Infantry Soldiers Pack 2.2

Release 2.2

By R0adki11

=========

To contact me please feel to use the Bis Forums

or email me at roadkill@8bit-online.co.uk

CREDITS:

========

- John Doe Base model by Offtime, without this i wouldnt have made this addon.

- Headset and misc parts from HYK soldier addon

- KMM International soldier pack for the helmet model and googles.

- Textures Created by Somebloke, thanks alot, without them the project wouldnt be where it is.

- Serial Killer for fixing the config and my models with shadows.

- CanadianTerror for beta testing the addon.

- somebloke for beta testing the addon.

- ColdBlue for Sniper model

- Bis for this great game we all still enjoy.

VERSION HISTORY

===============

- Public Release

- Public Release - added new units, fixed config, added working bodyarmour

- Public Release - added new units, more config fixes and tweakes.

2.2 Further update - multiple configs for east, west and res

INSTALLATION

============

There is 1 PBO file in the rar file, which need to be extracted into your Operation Flashpoint Addons folder or appropiate Mod folder.

The other PBO enclosed in this rar file are the addons, (my weapon pack) you will need to make the infantry work, excluding JAM3 which i did not include due to its size.

UNITS:

============

Nogovan Light Infantry units can be found under Resistance => Nogovan Light Infantry

Classnames

============

Located in Nogovan Light Infantry:

class RKI_NLI_sold - NLI Rifleman

class RKI_NLI_soldlmg - NLI LMG

class RKI_NLI_soldber - NLI Soldier w/Beret

class RKI_NLI_soldierarmour - NLI Rifleman w/flak

class RKI_NLI_officerflak - Officer

class RKI_NLI_officernight - Officer(Night)

class RKI_NLI_medic - Medic

class RKI_NLI_medicarm - Combat Medic

class RKI_NLI_soldsco - NLI Marksman

class RKI_NLI_soldsenginner - NLI Engineer

class RKI_NLI_soldMG - NLI HMG Gunner

class RKI_NLI_soldAT - NLI RPG Grenadier

class RKI_NLI_soldHAT - NLI AT Soldier

class RKI_NLI_soldAA - NLI Stinger Operator

class RKI_NLI_soldGren - NLI Grenadier

class RKI_NLI_marksman - NLI Sniper

class RKI_NLI_pilot - NLI Pilot

class RKI_NLI_tankcrew - NLI Tank Crew

Nogovan Highland Rangers units can be found under Resistance => Nogovan Highland Rangers

class RKI_NLI_sas - NLI Ranger

class RKI_NLI_sasgl - NLI Ranger (M203)

class RKI_NLI_sasass - NLI Ranger (Assault)

class RKI_NLI_sniper - NLi Ranger Sniper

class RKI_NLI_sasN - NLI Ranger (Night)

class RKI_NLI_sasrpg - NLI Ranger (RPG)

class RKI_NLI_Sfct - NLI Ranger CT

REQUIRED ADDONS:

=================

- facetex2 - Supplied in this rar

- JAM3

- RKI_WEAP - My weapon pack, supplied in this rar

- KMM GMPG addon pack - Supplied in this rar

Author's note

==============

Further updated units as ive been adding extras myself for personal use so decided to release these.

Look out for my desert infantry, Vehicles, Air Pack and Counter Terroist Packs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

Please visit the Official Forum for discussions of this addon. (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi)

*************Disclaimer:*******************

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

You are free to distribute this addon under the condition that you keep it free.

Do not modify this addon without explicit permission of the original author.

This addon is for personal entertainmentonly, other uses are forbidden unless explicit permission has been given.

Quote[/b] ]Weapon Pack 1.1

By R0adki11

=========

To contact me please feel to use the Bis Forums

or email me at roadkill@8bit-online.co.uk

CREDITS:

========

- Inquistor for giving me permission to make the FnFals from Tonal Redux as a standalone addon.

- Bis for this great game we all still enjoy.

VERSION HISTORY

===============

- Public Release

- Added New Weapons, fixed M203 and config

INSTALLATION

============

There is 1 PBO file in the rar file, which need to be extracted into your Operation Flashpoint Addons folder or appropiate Mod folder.

The other PBO enclosed in this rar file are the addons you will need to make the infantry work, excluding JAM3 which i did not include due to its size.

Classnames

============

class RKI_FAL - Basic FnFAl

class RKI_FALM203 - M203 FnFAL

class RKI_FALlmg - FnFAL LMG

class RKI_FALSD - Silenced FnFAl

class RKI_FALScope - FnFal Scout

class RKI_FALScopeSD - FnFal Scout Silenced

Class RKI_FALShort - FnFal with folding stock

Class RKI_FALSniper - FnFal Sniper Version - not realistic

REQUIRED ADDONS:

=================

- JAM3

Author's note

==============

I consider these as my final addon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

Please visit the Official Forum for discussions of this addon. (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi)

*************Disclaimer:*******************

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

You are free to distribute this addon under the condition that you keep it free.

Do not modify this addon without explicit permission of the original author.

This addon is for personal entertainmentonly, other uses are forbidden unless explicit permission has been given.

Download Links

1:

http://www.8bit-online.co.uk/thvc/NogovanLightInfantry2.2.rar

http://www.8bit-online.co.uk/thvc/NogovanLightInfantry2.2.rar

JAM:

Jam 3 Download Link from ofp.info

Please can people try to offer me Download links, thanks smile_o.gif

Nice looking units here. If you have any intention of tweaking them at all, might I suggest suspenders and some rifle ammo pouches or a simple chest rig? A bit more sprucing up and we might have the basis for the whole Nogova army here. smile_o.gif

I maybe adding such features, though most players have moved over to Armed Assault now.

Though i do have a few projects on the go such as a conversion mod and more Nogovan Light Infantry addons

Hey Roadkill....I didn't want to be like all the other AddOn critics and post a bunch of pictures of all the flaws. I do have one looming question. Whats up the the hands on these guys? It looks like some kind of genetic mutation tounge2.gif

it depends on what animation pack you are using, some alter the way the models holds the weapons, i may try to fix them in the future, not sure yet

R0adKi11,

I just thought that I'd mention that one of the units has their bald head showing through their helmet when their goggles are in the up position. When you look into the portion of where the goggles' glass is at, the green metal of the helmet is missing, and we're allowed to see the unit's bald head.

I'd post my screenshot of it, but that seems like a waste of time.

I really enjoy these units. Right now, I'm using them as merc units, but I also endorse the idea of sprucing them up with more equipment. If its not too much trouble, would you be willing to release these units with a definable config through the unit's [/b]init line in the mission editor so that we can specify the kind of patch(es) the units wear? It'd be nice to have a small range to select from, such as one that clearly states that their part of the Nogovan military, and it'd be also extremely nice if some "generic" mercenary patches were made as well. They don't have to based on real mercs either, such as Black Water, for example, but anything that indicates them being mercenaries would allow them a great deal of flexibility in regards to mission/story design.

The same holds true for your terrific desert units as well.

By the way, are you planning on updating the desert units so that "Ranger" versions of them are available as well?

Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of these in the future.

thanks for the comments i will see what i can do, i do intend to release updates for all my packs, maybe some point of this week i will have something ready smile_o.gif

Are you using them in any missions as i would be interested in playing any you have created smile_o.gif

R0adKi11,

I'm very happy to hear that you're still working on making your units better and better.

I've tried about every soldier/merc download that's out there, and it's such a pain to install them just to find out that their faces are all screwed up because they're not compatible with FFUR or SLX or both, or to see that nearly the entirety of their torsos are invisible due to one incompatibility or another. They look great in their screenshots, but they don't work in two of the most comprehensive and "must have" mods OFP has to offer, so they don't do me any good.

Your units, however, not only are free of these major shortcomings, but there's something about them that makes them "flexible" in regards to how one can implement them in the mission design. It'd be nice if they stayed that way, thus my suggestion that if it's not too much trouble, that they be supplied with different insignia that reflects a broad degree of national or corporate (mercenary) backgrounds. I strongly feel that such a feature would make them a "must have" download for those with mission editing skills, especially if the insignia could be simply assigned through the init line.

Their appearance is modern enough to make them appear to be a good match against the always high tech looking U.S. forces. That's one of the reasons why I'm asking you to increase the amount of gear they have attached to their bodies, so that they look like they can hold their own against the most well funded military in the world.

Do with this list as you please, since obviously you're more than capable of making great looking and robust mods.

I'm just going to add a couple of more suggestions (other than adding more gear and definable insignia to their bodies) for you to think about, and they are these:

(1) Come up with your own version of the ACU and/or MARPAT "digitized" camos

(2) Add a "Black Ops" camo, although from what I've read over the years, a truly black uniform is a bad idea, since it makes it easier to see the uniform's wearer when he's silhouetted; a dark grey or blue-grey scheme is better because it "softens" the edges of the wearer's body should he become silhouetted. If you do go through the trouble to make a Black Ops unit, I hope that you consider equipping at least a couple of them with aiming sights that don't have a magnification to them. A magnifying scope becomes very awkward to use in close quarters battle, whereas Aimpoint or Reflex or Cobra sights are usable whether at close range or long range.

In regards to the missions I'm building with them, I am more than happy to share them with you, as soon as I'm done finishing one. biggrin_o.gif It's the least I can do considering all of the hard work that you're putting into these guys.

The number of addons that I've got installed are enormous though. The mission I'm working on right now has a donkey running amok in the midst of the chaos of the early sunrise urban engagement, and I'm using a Game Logic which produces a mist that eerily creeps throughout the city. The battle borders on the surreal, and it's all the more disturbing when you see soldiers dragging their comrades through the fog. The units you designed are armed with a wide range of weaponry from a very broad selection of some of the community's best offerings, from OFrP's FAMAS, to the UKF's SA80s, to FN P90s and the M4 machinegun. The resulting firefights are interesting, to say the least. Quite often I find myself wishing I had armed my US forces with a FAMAS, instead of the HK416 or M4. That bullpup is one wicked weapon...

One of the things slowing me down is that I'm very new when it comes to making missions, so a lot of what I'm doing is trial and error. My job keeps me busy, as does my home (which needs a lot of work), and of course there's my family. If you're willing to play an unfinished mission, I'll send you a PM in the near future, and send you what I've got. I just found a tutorial about how one can assign AI to man certain windows in buildings, and I want to populate my revised (newly positioned enter-able abodes) and heavily fortified Montignac so that it's a real challenge to clear the area. I might need another month till I'm satisfied and not too embarrassed to share it with you. biggrin_o.gif

Time for me to go. Keep up the solid work!

Yours,

Kyle

Oct. 1, 2007

smile_o.gif

I will see about adding aimpoints to the FN-FAL pack and adding Init lines so people can add there own insignia, its all work in progress at the moment and need to find out how to do the Init lines for units.

But at the moment real life is taking priority with my University studies. crazy_o.gif

Thanks for the comments they were really useful, im glad you like the units i will see about adding this you have mentioned smile_o.gif

R0adki11

I fired these up today and there was an error message before OFP started and after that message OFP just did not start. Somehting about the conifg. It mentioned vehicle and grenade launcher I think.

I was using it with your vehicle and desert infantry.