Sign in to follow this  
bobo8767

British DPM Commandos

Hi all, this is my first addon ever so don't laugh tounge2.gif, just more BIS reskins in a British DPM style, these are not based on any particular units just meant to be in the general style of british commandos. Hopefull i will be creating more units to update the pack in the future, enjoy -bobo

D/L Link(click free at the bottom then choose a mirror)

D/L (Armaholic)

D/L (BIS4Players)

Screens:

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Screen 5

Screen 6

Screen 7

Screen 8

Screen 9

Closeup.jpg

Silenced.jpg

V2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!V2 - BI Forum

Might want to really pump up your ARMA settings when you take pictures of new units. I know your comp may not handle it but it really will give others a much better look at your addon since, atm, it all looks slightly blurry and oh my the jaggies wink_o.gif. Oh and turn off the friendly tags smile_o.gif.

Might I suggest the usual practice of setting up 3 or 4 soldiers set to careless.

-1 facing front on

-1 with back to us

-1 from the side

Then another screen of the details (patches etc) up close.

Other than that, pretty good effort for a first try mate, keep working on them, maybe do a little bit of research and give the Brits a specific commando unit and the alternative of a desert camo.

I run a pretty high end machine, I could take some High res shots and E-mail them to you to upload if you like.

yeh i no my screens are rubbish thnx for the advice il take some more smile_o.gif. these arent any particular units because they started just as a test so i could find out what i was doing, i will probably do some more "realistic" stuff in the future wink_o.gif

edit:only just read the last bit of ur post, if u cud send me some pics that wud be great i can crank up my graphics but even the settings i have it in those screens is pushing it for my machine;)

Email sent. Let me know if there are any specific shots you want and I'll knock them up for you, or if in the future you want more hi res pics of your updates.

Keep up the good work mate.

Yes i like m8 i was going to do commandos but had to much on so could not finish them,but lol i dont have to as youv'e all ready done them sweet maybe ill use these with mine ,& yes the higher the detail of screeies the better for you & every one else but still cool.

armed2.4.png

Wow thnx for all the replies + downloads people smile_o.gif

@col. faulkner - no its just an image from google (cheap eh? wink_o.gif)

If you are looking to make them a bit more realistic in future: The 'Royal Marine Commandos' flash is present on both sleeves, and usually sits a bit higher on the arm, up near where the sleeve starts. You would also need to swap the arms on which you've put the 3 Cdo. Brigade flash (should be rights arm) and the Union flag (should be left arm). The flag is normally quite a lot smaller than that too.

The DPM pattern appears to be missing a lot of the black strokes. If you're using photo samples, you might want to try cutting the black parts from other samples of DPM you find, and placing some of those on, making some changes in shape, size and orientation to reduce repetitiveness in the pattern.

Hope that helps make a start on some future updates mate. Good luck with it. smile_o.gif

thanks for the info da12thMonkey i may update the pbo with some small texture changes (camo, markings) i also noticed the sas logo on the beret is a bit wonky! crazy_o.gif

i am short on camo images cant seem to find many dpm woodland ones let alone desert! if you have any to share i would be very grateful wink_o.gif

Am i mistaken, or are they wearing the Royal Marine Commandos logo on the shirts, and the SAS logo on the hats? wow_o.gif

If so i think they would probably be the most kick ass unit in the world ever! pistols.gif

Pack your bags fellas, the wars over. For good!

Uh you know in that night picture those soldiers would propably have been better off without NV because of the weather conditions huh.gif