Sign in to follow this  
plasman

British Royal Marines

Hey Boss, looking great, and your stuff Plasman smile_o.gif

In the near future will it be possible to add normal maps and shadows to the weapons? I think I've seen other addons doing this despite the lack of tools. I don't know how they do it, it may be very difficult.

They look cool..

The SA80 sure looks hot too..

pistols.gif

Btw I wonder if any "classic" (i.e. non desert) DPM Osprey vest has been issued to troops so far ?

none that I know of. Considering it's a new procurement, and we're only fighting in the sand pit, a regular DPM version would be low on the requirement list I suspect.

Have just spoken to soul catcher r.e. the weapons (just got online for the first time in a month or so) and hopefully not too long now

looking good smile_o.gif

Yes briliant wicked & amazing Messiah & your team looking very nice indeed, i take my hat of to you guys, mind blowing stuff .

I am ready when you guys are, & very pleased, & i am speechless & totally lost for words thanks you.

Yours....... BOSS....TDMG....:))

Looking forward (with impatience) to see the SA80 released, and the Harrier is really cooool notworthy.gif

Meanwhile, some screenshots of the work in progress:

armc005ol6.th.jpg

armc001co7.th.jpg

armc003wu7.th.jpg

Well i must say plasman that looks sweet well done m8, you will have to tell me your secret to how you did that has there is supposed to be no tools lol.

I want that vest hehe, man that looks good.

I just used normal mapping (*) both for the flack vest and knee pads, but I not totally satisfied with the result because I'm not that good at it. I understand there is a plugin for Photoshop which creates instant normal mapping, but unfor I'm working with Paint Shop Pro so I have to edit the normal mapping "by hand", which is believe me a real PITA. banghead.gif

Furthermore I’m not sure about the authenticity of what I’ve done so feedbacks fm people who use/used this kind of vest are more than welcome. smile_o.gif

(*) Wikipedia link for an explanation about normal mapping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping

Cheers for the link plasman that was well helpul ,but just one thing you didn't happen to know now where that plugin can be got by any chance,would it be on the wiki link you gave me some where lol..

Plus is it for cs2 or cs3 plz can you tell me plz thanks.

Its ok bud i found it its the nvidia plugin.

All i need to do now learn how to use it lol.

Here is the link for those lucky Photoshop users (under Paint Shop Pro a surrogate instant normal mapping is the use of the "neon tube", but sometimes you get some weird results):

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

Don't know if (how) it works, use it at your own risk. I will stick to Paint Shop Pro.

See also the ArmA: Texture Naming Rules

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Texture_Naming_Rules

for finding and editing normal map textures in ArmA.

Cheers that looks cool bud im deff. going to check it out,also looking forward to playnig about with it.

thank you.......:)

Can anybody tell me if i am on the right track or not lol,here is a pic my attempt of uv mapping.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....opy.jpg

I could much better than that this,but this was a quick job.so dont laugh

The background tone must be light blue.

Generally the colours range fm (very) light blue to purple.

Meanwhile another screenshot.

armc006dv1.th.jpg

Beta release of the addon is scheduled for this week.

Goodstuff Plas its coming along nicely, I know a fair few guys who are waiting eagerly smile_o.gif

I sort of know what you meen, but is it a case of adding the the blues & purples or is there some special way of doing that,as have cs3 plus plus the plugin & used photoshop since photoshop 4,but am new at this.

Plus i realy dont meen to bug you bud sorry lol.

O & did you meen on the eplet

Your...............:) BOSS

Also very sorry forgot to say that pic is doing my head in ,cos its looking bloody good nicely, i am in awe

Well, I don't use any plugin for doing the normal maps, I draw them

(or at least I try banghead.gifbiggrin_o.gif).

As for the colours: purple is for the shadows and light blue for the brightened parts.

Cool bud i think ive got it ,& shit your good if your drawing that ,ill start on the drawing side, give me four or so hours lol, & i might have some thing to show hehe.

Big massive thanks "plasman" you have beem extremely helpful indeed nice one bud. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Well im back bud is this getting any better lol,plus am i on the right track ?

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7340/resribolispeconenohq2conl9.jpg

The beta version is nearing completion, with release date tomorrow (Aug 23), all going well.

Meanwhile here is a new teaser screenshot.

armc007se3.th.jpg