Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Laser Stamp

empty your inbox bravo

noone can send you pm wink_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

its empty now.

anyway.. ill update a new version 1.f soon. I found a fix for that problem you said before. It should work in next version.

Problem mentioned:

Quote[/b] ]as harrier pilot i got an action entry called weapon cam, but it didnt find the script.

it work now.

as harrier pilot i got an action entry called weapon cam, but it didnt find the script.

It should Work.

Mission Updated to Version 1.f, Download in 1st post. (3rd update this day)

Am i bad or am i bad (bad = NOOB)

hehe

high frequency updates

hopefully i ll be able to test this version tonite with my mates.

looks promising.

regards

rocko

as u like

played again tonite. FINALLY we rescued the POWs !!

but i got some errors and minor issues.

<s>1. After we started playin and one player disconnects we got an error:

Error in expression <>

Error position: <>

Error Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck

(Error Invalid Number in Expression)

it blew my arma.rpt up to 60.514 KB (60 MB ??)!!!!!!!!! incredible.

we kept playin for 3 hours or so.

2. A Pilot crashed his Harrier and as we were close to him to revive him, there were at least 10 Harriers respawning. They got screwed up nearly killin us and the medic. You should take that out, as it is impossible for the pilot if he crashes into the sea (any maybe dies) to get back to the airport (unless he swims to the boats  )

Oh how will u handle if a pilot dies in the open sea ?

Its therefore impossible to reach him and heal ?</s>

3. The medic only healing is nice, but we were first playin with 7 ppl, when some other guys of us joined. So we flew one pilot onto the island to join us fighting cuz we took so  much care of the medic that this one wasnt very usefull, rather than healing ppl. Then we had 6 ppl fightin 1 pilot who cycled above us and 1 medic who couldnt, anything at all.

I would recommend to add  3 more slots, 1 medic and to soldiers. Just to allow more ppl on the map.

Therefore you could add more enemies.

4. Concerning more enemies: We had no problems in taking out all T72s and Shilkas with only 3 M136 rockets and several GBU. Also the fortified bunkers were easy to bust. (The one u had hidden west of the city near the hill, is AWESOME.) You should add more hidden bunkers, fortifications. Maybe in the city, on houses etc. Some enemy snipers overwatching the area would be nice. There should be more AA Soldiers in some defense positions around the island, that one has to completely wipe out enemy AAA, before movin on.

The T72 were easy as they sometimes start movin around and then stayin around for several minutes being a perfect target for a paveway. they should only move when the player is in a certain area not only when a certain enemy is dead.

5. As said before, the bunkers are awesome !!

We encountered several enemies getting stuck in walls. But I assume this is not controlable by the editor.

There should be more enemies into the town directly, so u get a QCB style mission, after eliminating all the heavy armors and AAA. When we rushed in, there were max. 3 enemies hiding in the town. What about reinforcements ?? U thougt about that already ? Maybe after a certain amount of enemies is dead a chopper with reinforcements lands near the little bay north of the town. Or they come in by boat.

6. Something is weird with the ammo crate at the start. For some of us there were 25 mags of the G36 showing, but in truth there were only 3 left. And you should add some satchels in the crates. It's annoyin to search for the dead Spetznas for Satchels to blow the chopper up. We shot some RPG and even dropped some GBUs on it, but somehow no trigger was fired. Could be related to the error under 1.

7. I like the markers "AV8B lost in sea". hehe

These are the things i recon'd tonite but i enjoyed it very much though.

Keep it up mate.

regards

rocko

edit: none of us noticed lag, only when ppl connected on our server

edit2: striked some bugs i mentioned

I start with the more important reported issues

but i got some errors and minor issues.

1. After we started playin and one player disconnects we got an error:

Error in expression <>

Error position: <>

(Error Invalid Number in Expression)

it blew my arma.rpt up to 60.514 KB (60 MB ??)!!!!!!!!! incredible.

we kept playin for 3 hours or so.

maybe norrin can help on this subject because he knows more then noone about the scripts involved. (revive and rescue pow)

I believe the revive script might have something to do about that error.

Ill ask him for help about this subject.

Norrin... if you can read this request please help us notworthy.gif

Hey bravo,

I saw your updated release a couple of hours ago and was just about to PM you when I saw these extra posts. First off there's a new version of the AI_enable revive available (ver 0.19) thats got quite a few bug fixes (you no longer have to name all the friendly units on the players side) and optimisations and also some anti-water code. This last feature may fix the problem with the harrier pilot if he crashes into the water as if he was a member of your group you could now command him to swim to land or go and pick him up in RHIB. The respawning harrier problem sounds like you may need to have a game logic called "server" placed in the editor.

My German is almost non-existant so I'm not sure what:

"Error Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck" means exactly but I'lll try and replicate it on my computer and see if I can fix the problem.

I'll download your map now and update the revive and see if I can find any other problems.

I'll get back to you ASAP,

norrin

EDIT: Bravo,

Here's your mission (mission version 1g) with the latest version of the AI_enabled revive script inserted. I've done some quick testing and I don't seem to be able to replicate the disconnection error mentioned by riki so I hope this is now fixed. Also if the pilot crashes and dies in the ocean he can now swim to the shore when he respawns or board a boat as cargo. Once he reaches the shore he will fall unconscious and require reviving. I've also added a game logic called server and that seems to have fixed the Harrier respawning problem.

means

error invalid number(number, digit, count)  in expression

edit: ah ok fixed, thats brilliant ! thx alot norrin

thanks norrin.

Ill continue updating the mission using the norrin update from now on.

I trust hes work, he made a excellent work so far.

Going to update 1st post to <s>version 1.g</s> smile_o.gif

EDIT: updated version 1.h , check 1st post.

Any Feedback is appreciated. Bugs, improvements, ideas, critics etc..

@ricki thanks for posting those info. (helps alot, see..) wink_o.gif

had a play last night but only with 2 people on the server...we didn't manage to go far...but i have noticed that when you disable the AI it comes up with some error when i was a pilot and went to change my viewdistance..maybe it doesn't play well without AI...

Also, one thing you might want to consider is to have the harriers already fueled and armed...it takes a bit of time to bring the trucks close and manage to rearm and refuel the plane...:)

had a play last night but only with 2 people on the server...we didn't manage to go far...but i have noticed that when you disable the AI it comes up with some error when i was a pilot and went to change my viewdistance..maybe it doesn't play well without AI...

Also, one thing you might want to consider is to have the harriers already fueled and armed...it takes a bit of time to bring the trucks close and manage to rearm and refuel the plane...:)

Ah its a long story but essentially due to problems with JIP players I've had to write 2 versions of the revive scripts one for AI_enabled maps the other for AI_disabled maps and as B6's mission is designed for AI_enabled play disabling the AI will cause the script to throw up errors.  I'm sorry about this but I've found no way around it so far.  What I will do is convert bravo's latest version of the map for AI_disabled play, then you can download which ever version you want to play.

wouldn't be a bad idea to have two versions.

Just playing with about 5 more people and when 4 of us died but 2 still left flying about 4 of us crashed to desktop at the same time. Very weird...

Ah its a long story but essentially due to problems with JIP players I've had to write 2 versions of the revive scripts one for AI_enabled maps the other for AI_disabled maps and as B6's mission is designed for AI_enabled play disabling the AI will cause the script to throw up errors. I'm sorry about this but I've found no way around it so far. What I will do is convert bravo's latest version of the map for AI_disabled play, then you can download which ever version you want to play.

ok norrin, i thank you for that.

You can get an AI_disabled version of bravo's mission from here. (ver 1h_noAI)

With the limited testing I can do it all appears to be working well.

I've set it up so that you have a choice of the number of revives per player at mission start. The choices are: infinity, 20, 10, 7 and 5.

I've also set it up so that every time you team kill 2 players you lose a life and every time you revive 3 players you gain a life. Note that the team kill and reward functions are disabled and the player is not prompted about how many revives he has remaining when an infinite number of revives is chosen as this info is pretty superfluous in this case.

Let me know if you want me to change or add any other options.

norrin

NB: Don't forget if you want to play the AI_disabled version you'll need at least 2 players and one will have to be a medic to do the reviving and you're going to have to take good care of him cause if he dies your stuffed.

added version v1.i_noAi in 1st post. Note: At least 2 players much be selected!

I added some extra surprises to the mission in terms of combat in the island.

Changed norrin default valuesParam to (1000, 15, 5, 3, 1) while in slot selection. (I like them more like this) wink_o.gif

ps- i tought the hint, that appears at start, kinda boring but since we are using revive counter i think its important for people to know how many revives they still have (but it does not make much sense in terms of realism confused_o.gif)

i know i go against of what i have suggested but would it be possible to have a version that everyone can revive everyone with say 10 lives each...

i'm saying that..cause if 2-3 people playing the mission might be a bit difficult for only one person to be able to revive... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yts possible, but that means not only the medics would be able to revive.

Some people think its more realistic to let the medic heal and in this case revive...

IMO i think the medic should be the only one to revive.

Maybe i should add more medic slots changing and put 2 medics instead 1 in the team, keeping the mission for 7.

Miss

grave.sqs

in the

mission_end.sqf

whistle.gif

yup, i noticed that..

i guess norrin when updated hes revive used a different publicvariable.

It is already fixed and will be ok in next version wink_o.gif

Yts possible, but that means not only the medics would be able to revive.

Some people think its more realistic to let the medic heal and in this case revive...

IMO i think the medic should be the only one to revive.

Maybe i should add more medic slots changing and put 2 medics instead 1 in the team, keeping the mission for 7.

in that case i would leave it at 1 medic...as i think 2 medics in a fireteam of 5 might be too much (2 are pilots normally difficult to get reached if they die...)

I think its fair and could add 1 or 2 more slots to the mission, including another medic plus 1 recon, but then i would have to as the moderator to change the thread name..

what do the moderators say about that?

Looks like i have to mp the moderators for that particular reason, hope they accept/hear my request.

Before i do that, i would like to ask if most people who liked this mission think its fair enough to add 2 more slots to the ground team, ie: 1 Medic and 1 SF Recon.

Today i played the mission with 6 other friends and they took care of the medic (me) with their lives.. but i think if there was another medic things could be more "relaxing".. tounge2.gif

I also noticed that the soldiers in the small bunkers don't do much.. due to engine limitation (unfortunately)