Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

Hello, Everyone. I am new in this mod.

I have 1 question. I install XAM 1.3 already but when I start a game it's a original ArmA not XAM 1.3 how can I open it?

someone please tell me notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

You should create another shortcut, but adding "-mod=@XAM1.3" to the command line, which will look like "D:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@XAM1.3". Actually it's written in the README file, I bet you didn't read it.

Hello, Everyone. I am new in this mod.

I have 1 question. I install XAM 1.3 already but when I start a game it's a original ArmA not XAM 1.3 how can I open it?                

someone please tell me  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

You should create another shortcut, but adding "-mod=@XAM1.3" to the command line, which will look like "D:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@XAM1.3". Actually it's written in the README file, I bet you didn't read it.

I didn't have a readme file I download it "xam1.3_english.exe" there have no another file

but thank you for everyway

Download links are down  sad_o.gif

I cant live without this one! inlove.gif

Just a few pages (3 or 4) back you will find the armaholic.com mirror.....but since some people tend to get annoyed if I post our links here in this forum I dont really want to take any chances and post it again.

Maybe Snake could add the mirrors to his first post so people can stop asking about the download locations?

and how can I seen position in map? X and Y I want to call an artillery support

Hm... Why does US M16A2 have S/B/F trigger when M16A4 is still semi/burst? wow_o.gif

Is that as big as I think? About 1.5 or 1.7 Gb size?

Preaty huge, isn't it? crazy_o.gif

Some one let me know plz.

Thanks.

Yep, it is. but you have to realize they edited and added a LOT. every little sound (though from looking at the configs there is a folder of sounds that aren't being used and should have been deleted since some of them are located elsewhere and thus cutting the size down a little) and more have been changed.

Sounds a lot--and it is--but you are getting a bang for your buck so to speak. smile_o.gif

Yeah, this is a complete and epic (sic?) addon, I'm playing only with it, if server doesn't allow XAM - server goes to hell =P

I must really say that his addon brings ArmA to completely new level, much more realistic and exiting than original ArmA is, trust me, as I'm a retired sergeant smile_o.gif

ps: the only thing I miss in XAM - that's a pack of russian weps from RHS addon...

but you can use them, if you want to.

in my team, we use to play with XAM, and weapons from other mods too :

- SIG & eotech minimi from swissmod

- M14s, M21s and M32 GL from 6th sense

- Bizon, VSS and VAL from tiger

- L85 and L96 from UFK

and a lot of wonderfull things ! wink_o.gif

but you can use them, if you want to.

in my team, we use to play with XAM, and weapons from other mods too :

- SIG & eotech minimi from swissmod

- M14s, M21s and M32 GL from 6th sense

- Bizon, VSS and VAL from tiger

- L85 and L96 from UFK

and a lot of wonderfull things ! wink_o.gif

Well, using many addons requires many addons to be installed for all people... That's hardly possible because many people doesn't want to bother themselves with reading manuals or howtos about addons, they just don't just care and they simply don't know what kind of game exp they are missing...

Yeah I like XAM a lot too. The only thing I didn't like is some of the sounds--mainly the weapons and some of the other things like explosions. I'm a big fan of Chammy's weapon sounds and can see where to replace the sounds (for personal use only) but some things I can't find at all like the explosions. There's so many damn config files and whatnot. banghead.gif lol.

I also think they should redo the radio sounds for requesting arty, the guy sounded like he was on Teamspeak while bored. whistle.gif

Other than that (which are just personal issues of taste), its well worth the time to download. smile_o.gif

Well, using many addons requires many addons to be installed for all people... That's hardly possible because many people doesn't want to bother themselves with reading manuals or howtos about addons, they just don't just care and they simply don't know what kind of game exp they are missing...

I just said that to confirm that XAM can be used with other addons (like weapons).

yep, but the devteam doesn't have a 3d moder.

their policy is to create themselves everything.

so, you'll have to add weapons by yourself. wink_o.gif

I got the english exe installation but still some action menu options and mission editor names are in french?

Oh, and i still wonder why is M16A2 is shooting full auto? smile_o.gif

Are you planning to take this stuff further to realistic weapons like in the "NWD Realistic ballistics and sights" mod? i really like it but since i assume these confilct.. sad_o.gif

I got the english exe installation but still some action menu options and mission editor names are in french?

Oh, and i still wonder why is M16A2 is shooting full auto? smile_o.gif

Are you planning to take this stuff further to realistic weapons like in the "NWD Realistic ballistics and sights" mod? i really like it but since i assume these confilct.. sad_o.gif

I was just wondering about the same thing. Mostly just interested in the ghille suit and the spotting scope to make a complete sniper package.

Ah, thanks guys, I know is good, I been watching every video.

What I'll do is wait till next version is out, and then download.

Quote[/b] ]Q: Okay, but how does the laser range finder actually work?

A:

1. Choose "Weapon Laser Telemeter" from the action menu.

2. Press fire to activate the laser. You'll see a diamond as your crosshair.

3. Choose "Allumer Module Telemetre" from the action menu.

4. Now you'll see the coordinates (and the distance) of the place where your crosshair is pointing at in the top-left corner of your screen (you can also point at a vehicle). Write the coordinates down or try to remember them.

5. Fill in the coordinates in the radio, the 1st box is for X coordinates, 2nd box is for Y. "Impact Radius" should be small for precise artillery fire (i.e. if you want to hit a single tank, not a whole infantry squad).

Translations of all messages (thanks to datakill):

Allumer Module Telemetre = turn on the telemeter

Eteindre Module Telemetre = turn off the telemeter

Coordonees Non-Disponibles = coordinates not available

I have this working ok, but on the radio in the command and control Stryker when I have the option to enter coordinates there are no boxes showing where to enter them, I have "Ordanance Type" with a drop down box which works ok, but where it states in green after this "Target Coordinates" theres just a black area, is there something else I do to give me these fields so i can actualy type in the coords??? Im lost.

(this is raw with no other addons installed with XAM btw).

i like it.

I still can't hit a bloody thing with the artillery.

and why does it only give me one shot?

makes testing a chore.

the single shot might be because you're using arty in "zeroing mode".

The XAM 1.3:05 Version and the english tactical guide will be released today !

yay.gifyay.gif Yay! yay.gifyay.gif