Sign in to follow this  
Striyzh

Advance And Secure: Corazol [Beta]

aas.jpg

Hello all, this is my first release of "Advance And Secure" (AAS), based on the mission of the same name from BF2's "Project Reality Mod".

A Quick Run-Down:

A 48-player TvT map with the teams starting on opposite sides of Corazol, at respective bases. The objective of each team is to capture and hold all the checkpoints in the city, and push the enemy force back to their base, and eventually capturing it. The mission is designed to be long-running.

All checkpoints must be taken in order, this ensures that the battle will always take place on or between two checkpoints, allowing for much more concentrated infantry battles, and a stronger emphasis on squad tactics. If you've been dissapointed by the lack of urban infantry combat in ArmA, then this is the map to change that.

Each team has 16 rifleman, 2 medics, and six crewmen. The crewmen are the only class that can drive armor, adding realism and more emphasis on protecting armor assets.

Each team is equipped with one tank and one APC, each with 5-minute respawn. And three transport vehicles, each with 15-second respawn.

Additionally, each player may recruit up to nine AI riflemen to his squad.

Download Here

this looks good project reality is a v good mod, now with a mission like it in arma this should be really fun. Any chance of adding civs that work the same way as in the new Pr I have great time playing them in Pr.

FREAKING AWESOME! I love Project Reality for it's tactical gameplay style, now added with ArmA realism!! biggrin_o.gif

Does it have spawning on squadleaders? I know it's not very realistic but SL spawn REALLY promotes teamwork, and it doesn't really matter since respawn is already kinda unrealistic.

Maybe people will even start using VOIP....

I agree spawn on leader would really make it. I had a quick look but no body to play with. Is it possible to put enemy ai in it. I may try if ok.

this looks good project reality is a v good mod, now with a mission like it in arma this should be really fun. Any chance of adding civs that work the same way as in the new Pr I have  great time playing them in Pr.

Hmm, I haven't played PR in a few months, so I'm not sure what you mean by Civs. But if you can send me a link explaining it, I'd be glad to see if I can get them into the mission.

In response to your other question: I don't really plan on adding AI to either team, other than the ones that players can recruit, in order to keep the map TvT. I'm just putting this out there hoping someone will upload it to their server, as I don't have one.

Making the map is the easy part, promoting it and getting players on it is the hard part. smile_o.gif

FREAKING AWESOME! I love Project Reality for it's tactical gameplay style, now added with ArmA realism!! biggrin_o.gif

Does it have spawning on squadleaders? I know it's not very realistic but SL spawn REALLY promotes teamwork, and it doesn't really matter since respawn is already kinda unrealistic.

Maybe people will even start using VOIP....

I'll have to search up some scripts to get it working, but it sounds like a good idea. smile_o.gif